Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,621 through 4,635 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Don’t worry, justsewit, you can always post in the Fantasy Sewing and News threads even if that pesky farm work keeps you from ever sewing again!

Katy, do you have the O+S welt instructions from the Art Museum? That gorgeous little vest is worth it for those alone.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well good news Sarvi! I have escaped with the excuse of roasting outside and am now in my sewing room! I have exit for a little while though to measure the girl as she is wearing an old music class skirt that is both too short and bunching at the waist – she was quite put out when I told her it was too small!

So it looks like the sewing is on for today regardless of sheep work – well I don’t have to do that for a few days at least.

I am determined to get started on this list of baby things this weekend.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Sarvi, I was seriously tempted to buy it because I have complete faith that the instructions will be fabulous. I need more convincing that those pants work for girls before I buy the pattern though.

Masha, that leotard idea is brilliant. That might just work with what I had in mind for the Elsa dress. Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished Zara’s dress with just enough time to do hair, now I am going to have a sleep…..

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

You are a wonder, Nicole! Can’t wait to see pics – they will be the belles of the ball 🙂

Katy, would the Hide & Seek directions be worth looking at? (Sorry – have yet to make it, so am vague as to how those pockets are constructed)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I started off making the denim puppet show shorts in 0-3 and then compared them to a pair of triple zero pants rtw. They don’t even come close. I know the triple zero will fit (wrong seasonal wear though) so I have put that pair aside and have gone on with the 3-6 month size shorts also in denim. Even they look small but I know they will be a better chance at fitting.

I just have the leg cuffs to do and elastic to put and they are complete.

I have a feeling I will have better luck with the bubble dress but before I go on with this I want to cut out a puppet show top to go with the shorts I have just made.

LINK
    JWo @JWo

I am also waiting to see pictures of Nicole’s girls dressed up in their glad rags…

I don’t know how you manage to make such fancy clothes, look after a newborn, raise six kids, be a wife, AND look after yourself!!! I’m one of six kids (and also one of triplets) so have a teeny-tiny idea of how busy life can be with a big family, but what you create for your family every week blows my mind. So in reference to your comment above, do you ever really sleep, Nicole?!? And where do you find the time to do everything?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Aww, you lovely girl, you made me cry!

I had just fed Trixie and was carrying her to her bed and she brought up her feed on me. I heard the bing-bong to say there was an email and read your comment.

Thank you, you made a soggy tired lady feel very nice!

xx

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

🙂

I have to agree with J Wo, even if you smell like baby sick sometimes, you’re doing an amazing job!

The formal dress is stunning. Well done.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Katy, I may be too late, but on the blog there is a welt pocket tutorial for the Art Museums: http://oliverands.com/blog/2013/10/tutorial-how-to-sew-a-welt-pocket.html

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Thanks Brit!

I have got them in and have to admit they are not perfect. However I think once the shoulders and sleeves are set in, and the zip installed, that some of the wrinkles will be smoothed back out. I have chosen quite difficult fabric to work with for a first attempt. Lesson learned.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Puppet show shorts in denim ready for elastic and I have a piece of floral lawn pinned and ready to go for a tunic.

But it can wait until later because I had an insomniatic (is this a word?) night and need some shut eye.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Trying to do items by colour so swapped to pink this morning and took advantage of the quiet early morning to sew for 2 hours before the hectic school schedule started.

I made a start on a pink bubble dress size 3-6 months. I want to sew the 0-3 month size dress along with it so that they are done together. Then I can get on with the pink silk library dress I have sitting around since show preps last year the one with the smocked panel. I won’t get them all done today but will make good use of the day by getting as much done as possible.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I scored three pairs of size large women’s pants at a rummage sale over the weekend. They’ll be perfect for a couple of pairs of Sketchbook shorts and a pair of yoga pants (my own pattern!) for my toddler son. A bargain at $.50 each!

Today, I mended my eldest daughter’s favourite sports bra. She would have given up on it. I checked the damaged strap and it turned out it just needed to be resewn. Many dollars saved by knowing how to make a simple repair.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I can’t wait to see how it goes, Katy. I’m really tempted to give that pattern a go for my girl.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,621 through 4,635 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.