Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,591 through 4,605 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Still plodding along on Elsie’s dress https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/15162694191/

(But she is super pleased)!

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

That’s looking great! Any word on Zara’s decision yet? I have my fingers crossed that she has found something else…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I agree. Its coming together very well and she’s lucky to be able to pull off such a colour.

I spent a bit of time yesterday pulling tufts out of the dotted voile I am prepping for a bubble dress. Picture this, little bullion roses embroidered on the bodice. I have made a start and so far I am liking the result and I hope to complete the embroidery today, in between the multitude of other things on the list.

Then if the embroidery is done, I can cut the rest of it out and sew this and the one in a bigger size up (same colour different fabric) at the same time and we will then have an official launch of the baby clothes sewing spree.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I suppose we’ll have to ‘picture this’ until you post photos, again, LOL.

Stunning Elsa in that gorgeous fabric, Zara must be green-gold with envy and plotting something even more spectacular for herself. Can’t wait to see!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yep! Exactly. It will fuel the imagination somewhat. Think pink. This is going to scream “baby girl” and frankly I’m quite looking forward to the broadcast.

The bullion roses are taking shape but the green thread has gone off for a walk (feeling the difference of not being pink I suspect). So I will have to locate and capture it in order to get the “leaves” on the bodice also.

It is a great time to sit and stitch whilst feeling bump twirl and “play” (we have graduated to the kick and respond game). After not being able to do a lot in the way of sewing for the past couple of weeks, I am grateful I finally get the chance.

And while I have it in the fore front of my mind, I need to charge the camera!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Up to the hand sewing on Elsa’s dress, it feels like it has taken forever but I am so happy to be sewing again.

Jay, Zara gave up the velvet (thank goodness) and has changed her mind approximately 1/2 dozen times since!

House rules, you may change your mind up until it is cut out!

Thank you Sarvi, I actually though khaki was an easy colour to wear….

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sighing with relief over the velvet for you Nicole.

The bullion roses are done and the bodice is ready to sew into the dress. We have had a power outage today due to maintenance sew haven’t sewn a stitch yet. I aim to when I return from school pick up.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

That sounds like Sarah Nicole, for her Halloween costume she has changed her mind well over 20 times now so I will buy any fabric until October for her to play it safe.

It sounds so lovely Tamara! I just love bullion roses!

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

I am printing the new Cinema dress and Garden Party dress. I will be off to buy fabric this afternoon and hopefully have it fully prepared for sewing tomorrow morning.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’m looking forward to seeing the Cinema dresses start poping up šŸ™‚ I love the idea of pockets and princess Seams but I’m not sure if the style will work for me.

I’ve sewn a new jacket for me from Ottobre, it’s lovely and soft as it’s pale grey coral fleece. It fits well, so making the muslin/trial was well worth it šŸ™‚ I just need to try it on with nice clothes to check it’s not to casual.

I also made a leopard hopscotch top. I need to get some photos into flicker as i am way behind!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Taping the Cinema dress pattern together now – hoping to start pinning and cutting a muslin tomorrow. I’m using fabric from my stash (Art Gallery ‘Arizona’ ‘canyon wall in gold’ and the mint voile) that I bought this spring with no specific project in mind (other than that it would be for me!). I did have to order a small amount of solid lawn to line the voile I’m using for the contrast yoke, so I have time to make a muslin while I wait for it to arrive – otherwise I’d probably be too impatient and would cut into the good stuff right away! Since my measurements are almost perfectly in line with the sizing chart, and this dress was designed to have a relaxed fit, I plan to cut and sew the muslin straight from the pattern, and then judge whether I need to do an FBA based on how it fits. For this first run at the pattern, I plan to make a tunic length (omitting the pockets) and will probably raise the bottom of the yoke just a bit and shorten the sleeves to more of an elbow length.

(Tho I totally succumbed – again – to the fabric bug and added some Andover chambray in ‘eggplant’ to my shopping cart when ordering the lawn for the tunic lining – I will make the midi-length dress out of it. It looks so elegant!)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

You know I have been dreaming of obtaining some of the latest Bonnie and Camille collection, Miss Kate Patricia, but have for some reason, since its release hesitated. Odd how we keep and eye out for a range yet hesitate but as soon as we see something we haven’t been waiting for, or is within our eye’s sight, we go for it. I have to commend you though, temptation is the hardest thing to resist at the best of time so it is very worth it actually getting something useful.

I have just spent the day re acquainting myself with the sewing room – and listening to Outlander. I have just finished a much needed pair of shorts for the boy, sadly in a size 12 – sketchbooks with a zipper. They are made in denim for durability and hopefully he can get a good season and hopefully two out of them.

I wanted to squeeze in making a skirt for myself but it is now after 6pm and my eyes are tired so it looks like I will have to wear jeans again tomorrow! It’s time for maternity pants, the belly band elastic is looking rather exhausted and the weather is now dinkum about getting warmer.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

vothgirl I want to make the new Cinema dress pattern in Eggplant chambray! I am a bit jealous over here. šŸ˜‰

Right now I am still working on those Field trip cargos. I have never took so long to sew anything in my life! The pants are a dark blue twill for Caspian and the weather has turned cold so he needs now as much as he does for his costume this year. I do hope the raglan T doesn’t take days to sew as well. I have been relaxing with the children in the evening though and Sarah is now doing a full days worth of school during the day too so this takes up a lot of the free time I had.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Elsa’s dress is done, I hear you Sharon, on some projects seeming to take forever.

Love the new Cinema dress, I sure they will be popping up every where.

Zara has finally decided, after wandering around with a choice of four patterns, a simple but stylish 70’s halter neck in a very sophisticated black poly/modal/silk mix.

Now on to hair styles…. šŸ™‚

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Speaking of “forever” sewing, I’ve just finished a long sleeved sketchbook shirt.

I did extra topstitching everywhere and flatlocked the side seams.

It was cut from an old shirt of mine. I managed to cut a size 6 with added length and got exceedingly lucky with some plaid matching.

It’s for the school concert next week when my son will play the part of a duck. For which he required a check shirt. Go figure.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,591 through 4,605 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.