Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Harmony @Harmony

No kids and no hubby tonight! Just me and the dog.

Let’s see how many Lazy Day skirts I can get done tonight…

LINK
    Harmony @Harmony

Two. Two Lazy Day skirts can be made in one evening, alternating with paying bills and walking the dog.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125267367@N07/14726174057/in/pool-oliverands

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I just made an Elsa skirt for me using the Colette Mabel Skirt as the base! 🙂

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

I finished Audrey’s dress and pinny for the vintage fair, and a pair of frilly knickers to match. I have run out of batiste to make the matching petticoat, so I am going to go digging in the stash for some white poplin instead.

I need to get back to my bodice though, so I have something to wear.

I’m REALLY hoping it’s not going to be cold. I don’t have a contingency plan for that!

Chris has made a short notice drive to Melbourne to pick up my step-mum’s printing table. She’s moving house, and won’t have room for it, and I was doing more printing than her anyway (despite being in Canberra). Anyway, I don’t have a car today or tomorrow, so apart from a walk to the playground for a picnic today, I won’t be going anywhere. Hopefully Audrey will cooperate with me getting lots of sewing done.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I hope so too Jay! When is the fair?

This week has been a busy one for me – lots of to and fro to town so I haven’t really had a lot of opportunity to sew. Today I aim to though. That’s if I can stop myself from reading a book I have decided to educate myself with (processing speed of all the things!) I find it interesting so I am going to see if there is an audible version to listen to so that I can listen and sew at the same time.

I hope to cut another weekend getaway top out (because it is really very comfy) and get to making a skirt or two. That should tide things over a little. Then Thursday next week will be the time when I can get going on practising this rota system and accommodate everyone (bump included) because Wednesday is my gender scan (and I can’t wait to find out).

I am waiting for the delicious linen I purchased from Farmhouse fabrics to make Noah a nice summer sketchbook shirt. I am thinking we don’t have much longer for him to be fitting Oliver and s so I am making notes on what can substitute when that day arrives (like the shirt and top that Sharon made for her eldest boy).

The skirts might have to have stretchy panels at the sides instead of over the belly – my bump isn’t huge and I can still do up the jeans properly (yes of course they are a size bigger than normal and rather baggy). This way at least the skirts can’t be left in the wardrobe until I do get a bigger bump, I could wear them now.

I am also thinking of making some maxi skirts for when the weather is absolutely frightful and hot (so hot you could fry and egg on the bonnet of the car). That way I wouldn’t have clingy tight things around the legs – huge balloon making potential there. But right now I don’t have the fabric to make them so I will have to just add it to the list.

LINK

I think I might be getting there with my TNT semi self drafted tee! The pattern looks odd, very hourglass at the front! But I think it is reflective of my height and shape while most patterns seem to be designed for a much shorter and straighter shape than I am 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am very interested to see this Heidi! It isn’t easy having to be taller than the average woman and having to adjust patterns all the time to compensate.

I am up to the sleeve and top hems of another weekend getaway top, this time in a Lisette cotton (yes I know it doesn’t seem right to be using it somehow). I want to wear it today to the little Ag show I mentioned. A friend of mine has her son riding in the equestrian events so I hope we make it over in time to watch.

I don’t have time to adjust/ make a skirt today so it is baggy jeans and I hope it won’t be exhaustingly hot – I’m sure nothing a big bunch of water bottles can’t get past and of course a hat and sunscreen.

Tomorrow I hope to get on with skirts and bottoms. I found the stretch denim I had originally intended for jeans but seeing as it is warming up there is no point now in pursuing that idea until next Autumn. So it can be considered for shorts instead. They will be needed and appreciated that is for sure (I tried on some old maternity ones and I am ready to chuck ’em out!).

I am volunteering in Art class on Monday and the teacher has asked if I have any rough lace! I have a piece of purple stuff from Thailand? I am tempted to donate it, seeing as there is a strong likelihood it won’t be used but you can never tell, Imogen might want something purple and lacy one of these days – its a rather hideous shade though!

I hope to do some altering cutting out before Wednesday but we shall see. It looks to be another hectic week.

LINK

Tamara, It worked! A georgerouly fitted long sleeve tee shirt! With real long sleeves that won’t need to be yanked down all the time 🙂 I ended up with the shoulders/sleeve cap/upper chest of Ottobre Matisse in size 34, the hips and waist of the Colette Mabel skirt in size L for the waistband and XL for the hips. Then I took about every measurement to get the bust, waist, hips all in the correct place and the bust correct. Quite a bit of work, I nearly gave up, but it was so worth it 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Okay, I didn’t SEW this, but I did make it, and it is awesome

https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/14766582230/

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Oh Nicole! Congratulations! She is an utter beauty. Baby girls (as you well know) are simply tops! And her name, well it’s just lovely. Hope you have a speedy recovery and I wish you many joyous days with your new sweet princess :-).

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Patricia, I am very pleased with this project.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh AWESOME!! This is a very special one of a kind creation indeed!

Please may we have a special account from Hugo so we can know what it is like to have (many) little sisters? I have my scan on Wednesday and I have a terrified young man who thinks it would the worst thing in the world to be in “a world of girls”!

I am totally confused though because you posted the pic with the pink pants saying one month to go – however the sudden absence from the forum for a few days lead me to become suspicious!

Congratulations to all of you! She is a little beauty!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Finally finished Olivia’s crib quilt! Now on to some slightly smaller projects ;-). I’ve started drawing up an actual sewing plan for Ellie’s autumn/winter wardrobe instead of just sewing whatever I’m in the mood for. This way she’ll end up with a cohesive wardrobe of mix & match/coordinating separates & outfits instead of just a ton of dresses (tho there will be a few of those too!). It will definitely help focus my sewing and let me see what all I think I can accomplish in the coming months. Tho my sewing plan won’t be able to be completed til the new fall patterns come out and I see which ones I just can’t do without! 😉

I’ve got 4 projects cut out and ready to get to work on: a pair of chambray sunny day shorts, a layette outfit in some delicious Cotton + Steel prints for a friend who’s expecting, and two roller skate tunics, one in some of the same gold dot Cotton + Steel print I’m using for the layette, and one in that awesome Animalia print!

Thinking of instituting somewhat of a rota system…tho over half the sewing I will do is for Ellie, once I’ve finished those roller skate tunics I think I’ll join in the Thread Theory sew-along for their new Finlayson hoodie and make something for Ben. Then something for me…perhaps a late lunch tunic in some linen I bought as a practice round before I cut into the AMH knits I bought to make a couple tunics out of.

LINK

I finished my Elsa costume in time to wear it for book week at school yesterday 🙂 In fact it was so comfortable that I ended up wearing it all day, including the cape! It was a modified Mabel Skirt, a self drafted tshirt with a sweet heart yoke and a cape that attached to the back of the shirt and either trailed on the floor or I attached a wrist strap to the bottom of the cape so I could wear it on my wrist without it dragging on the floor.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Right now I am sewing pumpkins outfits for the two little ones. Sarah’s dress is all finished but now I am onto little Prince C’s Tea party suit. He really wanted the dress but I think the play suit will be better for him, lol. I made pumpkin appliques for both of them, free hand. Not too if I say so. Seeing the kiddos go back to school this Friday I not in huge hurry to finish sewing but want to spend the last few days having fun with the boys. I really hate school! : (

Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.