Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,261 through 4,275 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Everyone is working on such lovely stuff; Sharon, I love both of those swimsuits. I hope Sweet Pea comes around on the second one.

As for me, after I finished up the wedding sewing I packed all of my fabric away in bins for the move. I thought that would keep me packing rather than sewing .. but instead I am finding myself altering some of my things that are too big (yay!). Turns out it really doesn’t take that long when you are motivated to do it. Then today I picked back up a half-sewn nightgown for DD2. DD1 got hers a month ago and my poor 3-year-old has been waiting for hers ever since. (To be fair, she is blessed/cursed – blursed? – with abundant hand-me-downs so she didn’t really need a nightgown). Almost done with it now anyway … and then I should probably box up the machines and lock temptation away.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Can you leave out just your machine? To dabble in fully lined things?

I finished the Lullaby bodysuit, so sweet, now on the with baby pants.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Just set up my Coverpro to top stitch the knit cargos I’m making and it worked 1st time!!! I’ve had problems over the last month or so I’ve had it so to work 1st attempt for this is exciting 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

So glad it worked for you Heidi! It brightens the day doesn’t it. Hope the problems right themselves.

I am thinking of going into the sewing room just to tidy it up. It has been sort of left to its own devices for a few weeks and really needs some attention. I am really hoping to be able to spend some decent amounts of time in there this coming week – seeing as the schedule isn’t so hectic.

I will be working on completing Imogen’s jeans before she grows out of them and also Noah’s pair as he is badly in need of trousers with added length! I bought myself some teal green stretch sateen to make another Late lunch tunic so I am really hoping to get to something for me this week. I am practically living in one outfit!

Still waiting for the Girl Charlee parcels so I can do the knit things. Shouldn’t be long now.

LINK

Tamara, how expensive was the shipping from Girl Charlie? I would like some decent knits and our Spotlight has almost none I want to use let alone good colours 🙁

I’ve near finished the denim jersey field trip cargos. I left off the cargo pockets to give more of a classic jeans look.

I’ve also drafted some playtime leggings with double knees, basically they have a front and back piece and the front is made up of a top panel, knee panel and bottom panel.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Unfortunately it is ridiculous! I had to split my parcel into two in order to save something on postage. I was given only a choice of expedited shipping with the one list and was quoted a price more than my products were worth! I really don’t understand how some places are very reasonable but this unfortunately isn’t when it comes to postage. The fabrics on the other hand are excellent and very reasonable in price. If you order up to a certain amount of yardage then the postage isn’t that bad but do more orders if there is more you want to buy and it goes over say 4-6 yards. I saved about $50 on postage by splitting the order.

They have a very good range of both solids and prints but look at the weights because they have alot of summer weight in right now.

Hope that helps. I was getting desperate for knits for me and my stash looks rather juvenile.

LINK

Thanks for the feedback, Tamara, I was hoping it might be reasonable, but as it’s no desperate yet I’ll keep it in mind.

Just finished the denim look jersey cargos! I’m very happy with them. They look great with red double top stitching. But the light is making them look very gray in the photo’s so I might try tomorrow if the weather’s better.

Since I had the coverstitch set up with red I put some top stitching around the hem bands on a short sleeve Field Trip raglan I made as I Christmas gift. They tend not flip up and it bugs me 🙂 I temporarily have it back as it has a rip in the back. I think there may have been a flaw in the fabric as it has ripped along one of the stripes.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Sounds great Heidi. I wish I had a coverstitch machine. Actually, I wish I had a flatlocker, as I love the idea of a raglan dress with contrasting neon flatlocked seams.

I’ve discovered the big pitfall in not buying quilting cotton anymore is that now every fabric in the stash, regardless of it’s original intended purpose is begging to be made into something for me.

I’m on a selfish sewing binge! Just can’t get the light and available photographer to document any of it.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Does your overlocker not have a flatlock stitch Shelley? Mine doesn’t either but I figure you could probably do something similar if the knife was disengaged.

I am really hoping to get into the sewing room today. Unfortunately the boy has that nasty croup cough again so I am not home alone – and they have both missed the bus!

I went through my stash and managed to put together several boy/ girl fabrics that would go with this aqua corduroy I have had sitting there since last year. I plan to make a child’s outfit using it for the show but I think the colour leans more toward the feminine side so I am on the hunt for something more gender neutral and Then I can do a gender neutral outfit instead of something that screams otherwise. It will be a bit difficult because my plan is for baby to wear it to next year’s show.

I have to tidy up and then pile up my current projects on the table to help me unsidetrack myself!

Two pairs of jeans and a quilt top await my attention. And I think I really need to get some warmer pjs cranked out for the boy who seems to be constantly unwell at the moment.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Hot pink linen puppet show shorts. If that doesn’t say weekend sewing happiness, I don’t know what does.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sounds about perfect Melanie!

I finished the Lullaby pants and I do have the shirt and jacket to sew but I may have to skip to pj’s as the Pyjama Social is Wednesday night. I really want the Littles to have new pj’s, and its a good way to use up my quilting cotton stash.

LINK
    Lynda @Lynda

Heidi, lack of satisfactory knits is also a problem for me. Spotlight is my only fabric store option and as you said nothing inspiring there. I was looking at the knitwit site but the fabric is expensive for a beginner. I’ll be checking out other online options but I’ve had disappoints buying yarn due to colour difference on my computer.

I need a local girlcharlee.

LINK

Lynda, I have had great experience with the Robert Kaufman laguna knit from fabric.com a couple of years ago. At the time the postage wasn’t too bad. The fabric has held up really well.

I’ve finally sewn the buttons on the tea party sundress I was making and I’ve finished a pair of playtime leggings with double knees! I’ve got enough fabric to make another couple of pairs for her for school but I need to check that the knee are in the right place first 🙂 I’m going out for a walk and then the modify a Art Museum Vest so the back can be adjusted for a more fitted look.

LINK
    Lynda @Lynda

Heidi, thanks heaps for that tip. I just had a quick look and will go back when not rushing. I feel a knit project list coming up. enjoy…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I hear you Lynda with a local Girl Charlee! Unfortunately there is more chance of the cities having one than out here in the sticks. I was also going to mention Fabric.com for knits but Heidi beat me to it.

I’m not sure what else is out there but I am sure there are plenty of places to choose from. Oh Chez Ami is another place that comes to mind. I have not ordered from there but I do know that some ladies on here have.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,261 through 4,275 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.