Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I try the completed trousers on Tamara, to see where the (unfinished) waist sits. Then I measure up to where my bra sits, and cut the tube to twice that length Tamara.

Did you put up photos of your Late Lunch tunic?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have the Late Lunch tunic on my wish list for this fall, I think it will make a cute maternity top too.

I hope to get Caspian’s birthday outfit cut and sewn this week. I have the fabric out, the pattern drafted in the next size up now I juts need to cut it out and sew it! Oh and a sewing outfit for my little man and another one for Sarah as well. I found this really neat denim swim suit fabric I plan on using for both. That’s this weeks list of things I want to sew.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Gah! Here I am boasting about my efforts in sewing the late lunch tunic and yet I haven’t shown anyone photos – completely useless! I have taken photos of it on the hanger but not of it on me so will up load those shortly and hopefully next week? When the man is free, I can do a modelled pic. I want to make a pink one too so hopefully by that time I will have that made up.

The one I made is made from the same print you made Tildy’s sunki from. I love it.

Yes that method is what I was thinking of doing so that is good to know. I have to take the zipper completely off the jeans though so am thinking of extending the tube to around that area. It will eliminate the need to ad an unsightly patch of denim then.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The pink Ikat from Spotlight? Very groovy.

One pair of preggy trousers finished and they are a bit big, I was worried they would not be high enough so I added a few inches to the top of the pattern. In retrospect I didn’t need too.

I am sure they will be very handy and comfortable in a months time.

I am part way through the second but it is reader and spelling words time.

A denim swim suit sounds very cute Sharon.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh sorry, you made the pink ikat for Tildy. Didn’t you make one in the blue also? It is the ikat but the blue colourway.

Denim swimsuit? Wowee, can’t wait to see this one!

I haven’t done ANY sewing today! I had my daughter home not feeling great and upon collecting the mail discovered a letter from school (cringe) that stated she was lapsing in her science!double cringe! So I have spent the whole day trying to get her to redeem herself and do some much needed catch up! It has fallen on deaf ears and quite frankly I feel so very frustrated at the fact my efforts to make her realise the seriousness of being so slack have failed!

I want to sew tomorrow. I need to sew tomorrow. I have to sew tomorrow!

LINK

I have finished Sarah’s swimmers, this pair is much better sewn than the first pair. The fabric is thinker too but sadly she loves the first pair but she is not so crazy about this pair. I hope she changes her mind.

I have got Caspian swimmer shorts done too, these are so cute! I used the same denim swimmer fabric as Sarah’s. I did some mods to the sunny days shorts to make a European style swimmers for this pair. I am hoping to talk the two middle boys into a pair for them. Next onto the rash guard! I am using the Field trip T for this. ( Thank you Nicole and Tamara for the wonderful idea!)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made a green colour way for Lily-up-the-road, that may be the one you are thinking of? A stretchy fabric?

The second pink pair of maternity Portfolios are coming along nicely. I glued together my Lullaby Layette and drafted off the size 0-3 months. The Twins were planning their wardrobe so I could draft whilst they chatted and showed me ideas.

I cut out the bodysuit and pants last night and I have the blouse pinned ready-to-cut. I am not sure what to make the jacket from…. maybe velvet with an interlock lining?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes it was a stretch sateen. Pretty sure I saw one of your creations in it but then I could be wrong too. You can confirm when I upload the photo of it on the hanger and then we can know for sure.

My wee wander fabrics turned up a whole week earlier than I expected them. It has me thinking why I have to wait until August to start baby sewing when I could just launch in right now?! But then fabric does that to me and whilst I do have patterns earmarked for them, I still want to make sure they will actually be used before I go ahead.

It is a run around catch up day today. I probably won’t get a lot of sewing done but if that is the case I still have Noah’s quilt to hand stitch the binding down on and I can do that at footy whilst helping to complete this wretched science book and watch the boy run around at the same time. I hope to do other things as well today but I have a backlog of washing to take care of first. And I am so over this quilt I just want to get it done and out of the way. I have so much to do and it seems not half the time required to do it. But it is essential to do something pleasant today, like drafting said patterns for the next projects I want to accomplish.

Oh I don’t know what I will do but the plan is to do something!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Can’t wait to see your layette set Nicole! I can see why you want to sew up Wee Wonder right now, especially with a number of beautiful creations in the flicker pool, Tamara 🙂

I’m back to LTTS today, I needed a project I didn’t mind stuffing up but would still be therapeutic, and the house it was. So far no mistakes and it’s based on my friends real life house 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing it when I’m finished.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh I bombed out AGAIN today! Its been a crazy time of it this week.

I think the next chance I will get is probably Sunday – provided Murray has finished seeding and takes Noah to footy.

I saw your latest creation pop up in the flickr box Heidi. It looks really lovely.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The house looks super cute Heidi. That’s next for me too. That is, if I could stop sewing for myself. It’s me me me at the moment! 🙂

I took the free SBCC long sleeved T, widened the shoulders a bit (I’m not petite!), raised the front neckline, added a big funnel neck, then added sleeve cuffs ( cause I have monkey arms it would seem) Sewn up in soft merino, I now have the perfect winter basic. I am ridiculously pleased with myself. Total cost $30 and there’s enough fabric left over for a Field Trip T for one of the kids.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yum, love merino knit!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ooooh Shelley, that sounds so nice!

Merino is obviously the best wool (snigger- new members, my family runs a Merino sheep stud)!

Off to check your blog.

So many sweet old houses in Tasmania, I am sure it will be lovely Heidi.

I had a mountain of damp clothes to dry by the fire yesterday (we seem to be having wet days with no rain) so I drafted and cut out.

I have cut all of the Lullaby Layette out for Baby, it co-ordinates with the gorgeous cardy’s Sarvi knitted for me https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/13076872353/in/set-72157642084650865 and https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/14245296131/in/set-72157642084650865/

I also drafted of the LTTS cape in both sizes and the next size up Bedtime Story pyjama pattern for Tilly. A size 4! She is actually growing!

The Little Girls have a Pyjama themed social next week so I thought new ones would be nice and as we have no need for dressing gowns (big Jotul wood heater/mild winters) I thought the cape would make a great dressing gown.

I am trying to get stuck into my sewing to get on top of things, this pregnancy is flying by!

LINK

Sounds so lovely Shelley! and left over for the kids, I love that when I have left over from one project to the next.

I can’t wait to see your lullaby set Nicole, I just wish this came out 2 years ago. Well I need to get some field trip tees done for Caspian, I wan to sew three of them and them I have to get Caspian’s birthday outfit sewn together. His birthday will be here before I know it! I also want to make him a birthday banner too. I found some cute fabric form Riley Blake I am using for this.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve just cut some denim look knit field trip cargos! I found this fabric earlier in the year and earmarked it for the cargos and a Colette Mabel Skirt!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,246 through 4,260 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.