Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,216 through 4,230 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thanks Masha; I really hope the moving back to the States goes as smoothly as possible. Not a lot of sewing lately but have taped quite a few downloaded patterns together, and next job is to trace the sizes needed. Finished a size 3 Sunday Brunch skirt in same fabric as posted previously, and have started to assemble a Size 7 in purple wide wale corduroy. I found putting the back elastic into the waistband a real hassle; I much prefer the way it’s done for the Badminton skort. Next time, I may alter the waistband to facilitate this.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve changed and bound 4 armholes, 1 neckline and added a ruffle over 2 dresses. Just one neckline to finish but probably not today as I am babysitting two separate sets of kids for the rest of the day 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

A friend just completed an Alabama Chanin top that she’s been working on for 9 months and it’s so gorgeous, I got inspired. I made a mistake when tracing off the pieces so the top I cut from leftovers is missing the bottom half, but after quickly throwing it together on the serger, I LOVE the shape of it. Wondering if I should size down, but the book says that the embellishments make the fabric a lot firmer (and I used interlock rather than jersey, as I had a large scrap hanging around).

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

My husband took the kids for a few hours today, and i managed to finish the third flower girl dress (save buttons and blind-stitching) as well as the second Art Museum vest. Tonight i cut out the two pairs of Art Museum pants. With any luck I’ll be able to get most of the sewing done tomorrow and the remainder on Monday during the baby’s nap. Then I can finally turn my attention to organizing the house for the packers!

LINK

What a fantastic husband! I hope you enjoyed your solo sewing you are working so effectively to get these done! Those Art Museum combinations are going to be so cute!

LINK

Finished the mods I was making to a couple of dresses 🙂 I’ve reprinted the Sunny Days Shorts correctly and am now remaking the matching pair to go with the Tea Party dress!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It is 6.26 am! And I am hoping today is the day I can actually do some sewing!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I got most of my mending pile finished this morning and then made used the pinwheel slip dress as a nightgown for my daughter. It is so pretty. I love that pattern!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome job on the mending Sandi, I love being up-to-date with mine.

It happens so infrequently.

I finished Jed’s Rugby and cut out his shirt. I ran into a problem there, my pattern was actually for a fabric that had some stretch, Jed has chosen a woven. So I sized up and used a stretch poplin….

Fingers crossed it works!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve cut out the five remaining swoon blocks and that is as far as I’ve gotten so far.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I finished a dress for Sofia’s preschool graduation and a tee for me this weekend.

I also cut out the outside of a dress for Isabel’s third grade graduation but I had to put it on halt because I didn’t have enough fabric for a lining. It was too transparent to work without a lining.

So I took a trip to the fabric store and got some blue and white voile which I prewashed last night so it is ready to go tonight. Unless this week turns into the giant black hole I fear it will with a 7th birthday and a wedding. In which case I’ll get to it on Sunday.

Looking forward to see Jed’s rugby Nicole. It looked like a really great colour for him.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

That’s awesome Sandi! I never seem to get all my mending done and what a great idea to use the pinwheel slip as a night gown. Sarah really needs some herself so I might have to male her one too.

Nicole, I look forward to seeing Jed’s shirt too! I never have sewn anything for hubby so I am very interested to see how it went. I am really debating on ordering the French shirt pattern for my hubby right now.

Yesterday I sat down to start sewing Sarah’s Fairy tale dress and really finished sewing it one day! I never have been able to sew one of these in one day before. I didn’t add tulle and I did machine stitch the hem on this one. It turned out very lovely now just to make her baby doll a dress today after I pack up all the kiddos winter clothes. I have put it off long enough now.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

So far so good Sharon, it seems to be working out.

The pockets are really groovy, they have a gusset with a peekaboo of contrast fabric.

As for the Aime Comme Marie Mister shirt pattern, do check your hubby’s chest measurement. It won’t go near Jed.

I would have loved to have made him one.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I will do! He has lost a bunch of weight this past year so I think he just might fit it. It would be very nice too seeing he only wears t-shirts and jeans all the time.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Then go for it!

It is such a lovely sew.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,216 through 4,230 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.