Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished Hugo’s shirt up to the cuffs….. and then realised I had only cut two and not four pieces and as I was all organised and packed the scrap fabric away I had to wait for a hefty fellow to lift the tub down for me.

So I did the ironing while I waited.

Masha, can I post you some buttons? Quite happy too.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just went and ordered a great heap of Wee wander prints – for the never ending wish list of projects.

No sewing today or tomorrow but hopefully Friday or someone will have to call the loony bin!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I just love the Wee wander prints! They would look so lovely on a baby.

I am moving right along with my Deer & Doe Centauree’ dress. I did a FBA on the bodice of this dress, which was quite a lot of work and it turned out! I am so excited for this!! Since the bodice is in six pieces I figured I would mess up the middle one for sure but didn’t. It’s turning out to be a very cute sundress.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

That’s an impressive bodice to do a FBA on! Well done 🙂

I mended 5 knees on three pairs of school pants today. Now that I’ve got my method down pat over the last few years, it’s quite relaxing 🙂 It is great to see something that would otherwise have to be thrown out and replaced; fixed, ready to be worn again and know that less than hours work saves $60 to a $100 dollars!

LINK

It sure was! and a it intimidating too!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Sharon, it’s so inspiring how you have really thrown yourself into sewing for yourself! I’m really envious of all you ladies (and there are a lot of you here) who get such great results with fitting. That’s my biggest sewing goal for this year. I’m already wearing my everyday skirts very often. I think I could even handle he technical side of fitting and sewing. It’s some kind of psychological block. Maybe post baby, I feel like I don’t really recognize my new shape, it doesn’t feel like “me” so I have no confidence sewing for this “stranger”. Even though it’s been five years in this shape!

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I love the wee wander line too – couldn’t resist picking up some of the horses in seafoam green color print even tho I don’t have any particular pattern in mind for it yet. Something simple to not distract from the fabric, perhaps the roller skate since I haven’t made that one yet. Or the pinwheel.

But (aside from the popover sundress I’ve already cut out) I think the next sewing project will be an everyday skirt for me – the elastic waistband will be more forgiving of my postpartum body than button & fly pants I think! And I have some of the Lisette dotted chambray set aside for it, so practical and versatile for summer.

It’s so exciting to finally be feeling well enough to be considering getting back into sewing!

LINK

That is how I felt for long Sarvi, I am really over weight and I hate the “curves” this body has now but to hoot with that! Life is too short and I envy my daughter’s home made clothes so sewing for is a must now. ; ) I am starting to loss the weight I am eating healthy and exercising so this helps me to feel better and the curves. Plus nice fitting clothes I think makes me look much better too.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Exactly — dressing better should make me feel better which will only help matters. But sorry for going off topic, I know we have a whole separate thread for that.

Back on topic, I made a trial run of a Jumprope dress in some linen I dyed and man, my kid didn’t want to take it off. It’s a little too big, to be honest, but just so airy and comfortable. Now I really want one for myself!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Oh, you dyed that! It’s really gorgeous. I love the fabrics you choose (and make!!).

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Thank you so much, what a kind comment!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sharon, you are so inspirational and you know what? You look amazing in your clothes, curvy and gorgeous!

Sarvi, dibs on that dress please, I love it!

I finished Hugo’s second shirt. It like it a lot more then I thought I would. Its just a cotton broadcloth so not very ‘lush’ to sew but he is stoked so that is what matters.

Next a very yellow rugby and cut out a tab fronted shirt for Jed (apologies if I said that before) and then…..something for the baby!!!

Sarvi&Colette sent me some gorgeous charcoal hail-spot muslin, perfect for a neutral baby Lullaby Layette.

(I am skipping me as I have plenty of maternity clothes and I want to sew something tiny)

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Sarvi, although I sew quite a bit for myself, the fitting can be a massive pain/drawback. I have some things I know fit well and I tend to sew these over and over again. So I have well fitting leggings and yoga pants, some skirts for everyday but almost no tops! I realise I need tops and singlets but I think I need to at least refine my pattern. Although fitting bust and waist and hips is rather frustrating especially when I have to size up anyway! Maybe I’ll make a RTW rub off instead.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Sharon, I love that dress and can’t wait to see your version. I too am glad you are making more for yourself, your sewing is gorgeous.

I finally made up view b of the jump rope dress after years of wishing I could get round to it. I have done a gingham version for school uniform. I only have one more skirt to make and then I am done with the uniform sewing. Phew.

My eldest wants to learn how to sew and has been pestering for a go on the machine. We have started making a ragdoll together and she is enjoying it so far. I am going to set up my machine on her little school desk for her to have a go at some dolls clothes today. Wish me luck!!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Nicole, that is such a kind offer. I would take you up on it but we leave here in four weeks and our mail is routed through the U.S. before it comes here – there is no way it would make it from Australia in time! Thank you so much though. I think I may just settle on interior snaps and decorative buttons – that way I can have my pick when we get home.

Sharon, I too am very impressed with your sewing for yourself. The Chantilly dress seems very involved, and the Centaurs more so – I can’t wait to see it!

As for me, last night I finished the Art Museum vest for the first of two ring bearers and it is stinking adorable in gray and white gingham. I was tempted to leave off the welt pockets to save time but I am so glad I didn’t – they really elevate the vest. Now I’m onto the pants (khaki twill). So I have 2.5 outfits done and 2.5 to go. Maybe I will make my June 1 deadline after all!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.