Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,266 through 2,280 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

10 is such an age! preteen… ; )

I am working on what seems like forty things. I am sewing two play date dresses. One for Sarah and one 6-12m just to be make. I have a yellow and blue plaid for tea party suit complete with a ducky applique’ for Caspian and a vintage sketchbook suit too cut out. It’s just like the one from Christmas. I have a sketchbook shirt/shorts for Jacob too. If only I had the time to sew all this….

I went off the deep end a bit today and ordered some fabric for little miss. She loves the show Princess Sofia and loves to play the games online. She even has her “online self” princess. Well she has been asking me to make her a real princess dress. I couldn’t find her first choice of fabric but she was able to pick another fabric she likes just as well. It is a bridal fabric with beads and embroidery work on it. I figure if I make the Fairy tale dress in a 4T she should be able to get a bit of wear for while. This should be so much fun to make!! : D

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Yes, that will be fun. I’m tempted to make kitty the Rapunzel pattern, but Fairy Tale would be so much simpler.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

We have that pattern too. She has two Rapunzel dolls and would love a dress to match but I have yet to buy anything to make it.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

The sky is the limit with that pattern really isnt it? Endless ways to use it.

I think in terms of costumes this year for my two, it might revolve around the How to train your dragon characters. Nothing like turning to Oliver and s patterns to make a Hiccup costume!

But for now though, the next lot of sewing to be done ate more school pants – truth be told I didnt finish even the one pair I have sewn recently but really have to do so as it is cold and one pair of school pants each is just not going to cut it – especially if one is caught in an overnight power failure situation and only wakes with a start to find it is ten minutes post bus pick up! So they have turned into a mandatory thing I’m afraid, just cant put it off any longer!

It is a bit of a shame as I was hoping to quilt today…. Oh well maybe tomorrow.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Correction! There were no school pants eaten! Just my bad typing!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have traced some field trip cargo’s in size 3 with size 4 length ready to make the pink and purple cargo’s for the 4th birthday this Friday.I’ll still need to add some extra length and maybe some turn up cuffs as she grows up so fast! how I just wed to get the last room unpacked so I can get to my sewing stuff and have a clear table !

LINK

Redrew the bottom hem on the cargos and drafted a 4″ cuff to be let down as she grows. I hope to get at least it cut today.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Still plodding away with Hugo’s trousers.

Sick children and a sick dishwasher have left little time for sewing adventures.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Blech! I’ve got one insisting he’s too sick for school today too. I’ve argued with him about as much as I could and gave up. However, not having to spend the afternoon picking him up from school will give me a little extra sewing time today. Provided he doesn’t actually hurl, that is, and just mopes around. Eek, am I letting my kid stay home “sick” just so I can squeeze in a little more sewing? Does that mean I have a problem? 😉 Is there a sewer’s anonymous? Lol. A sick dishwasher on the other hand would really set me back. That stinks!

Butterfly roller skate dress finished last night! Flipping adorable. I am way behind in sharing pictures. Now, per Nicole’s rotation concept, back to me! Oh wait, I did promise oldest son some pjs. Bummer.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am sooooo glad to know that I am not the only on who argues with their children over whether or not they are sick! There were many arguments – or one long drawn out one – this morning with both kids. There are bugs going around but I think we had our share during our school holidays to warrant not having a repeat!

I am in a current state of woe where sewing is concerned! Whilst moving my machine to the side to make way for breakfast (yes I broke with protocol and brought the machine inside just so I could sew!) I inadvertently ripped my rather expensive quilting mat right down the centre. I think it must have caught the foot and due to my mood re: kids faking illness, I wasnt paying attention. I have sticky taped it back together to see if this will do for now but will look at purchasing another when the finances allow.

All this in a bid to have nice quilts on my children’s beds! Quilting very slowly with Imogen’s quilt. The design is rather time consuming. I estimate if I work tirelessly on it from now on, it could be completed by next week up to binding. I hope so because I am done with the rather tight design and am itching to try something different. I think in hindsight, the scale I chose was a bit small. An excellent way to practise the FMQ skills.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Well by 10am he was hoping around the house so I sent him upstairs to get dressed (along with the other two) and off he went to school. It’s allergies with him and if we make the mistake of skipping the Claritin, he wakes up feeling like crap. I told the school I thought he was better off with a half day than nothing and they were fine with that. But, by the time we got home, it was lunch time, and nap time and then we turned right back around to go pick him up! Then they play at the park by school with classmates and home for homework and dinner and bed. So not a stitch sewn today.

LINK

You guys are reminding me of Mum’s rule of “if your not throwing up or running a temp you go to school! and if you stay home you stay in bed ALL day.” Needless to say it wasn’t worth staying home! I was hoping to sew today but the cold I caught on the weekend is still here and I fear I may make the same sort of mistakes justsewit was talking about.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes that’s the one Heidi! I just feel as though I am too easy on them sometimes to let them stay home just because they are faking illness. I have fallen into the trap of sending them to school only to have a phone call saying come and get them. But I would rather that than just getting them to stay home without serious proof of illness. At least then the school knows that it is all dinkum.

We have national testing this week so I have a feeling the testing is all a bit much for one of mine. She will have to make it up tomorrow as today was the last one.

One thing though is that the hubby has been more of a distraction today than the “sick” child so with the two of the mooching around the house I have all but sewn I think for about a third of a block – doing a block takes two hours to fill! My aim was to do two and half before the bus turns up. Better get my skates on if that is to happen!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Melanie, six weeks without a dishwasher!

Two weeks of that was school hol’s so the children did them all day, but after that I had to do breakfast, lunch, smoko’s and tea prep!

Its back now so all is forgiven!

I have finished Hugo’s trousers!

Can you hear that noise? That is me dancing with joy.

Making men’s trousers is NOT on my ‘Fun Things to Sew’ list.

Next up, Satsuki top for Zara in a fine knit.

LINK
    mrskanuckles @mrskanuckles

I am starting on a Music Box Jumper. This is pattern bust for me.

Then I have to start working on some bottoms in boring blue’s, blacks, and tans for my daughter… she starts kindergarten in August…

I wonder if when they say skorts, if I can put a skirt on her with biker shorts under it? I love the hopscotch skirt so much.

Nicole, can’t wait to see the satsuki.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,266 through 2,280 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.