Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

All sounds wonderful, ladies. Looking fwd to seeing the Pinwheel in the flesh, especially, and really want to hear about how all the bias application goes. C/o a very hot ‘long weekend’ I have finished the Family Reunion to the buttonholes/button stage. Sorted thru all the suitable buttons today, and have some great ones from a ‘trade table’ many years ago. However, there are only 5, and dress needs 7. Thinking of widening spaces between b/holes just a little, using the 5 buttons, and using press studs for last couple. Luckily, the size 8 is exactly the right length for the designated child, so a bit of pencil chewing should see me get away with it. So chuffed with the pattern (FR). It’s come together very quickly, and looks so pretty and girly.

Congrats on communion frock, Mel. How did the photo shoot go? What fabric are you using for the PWheel, J?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have some Patty young fabric from the Lush range – the blue and white one with the large pink and purple flowers on it. I didn’t quite have enough for the dress and tunic so will just do the tunic and see if I can fit the roller skate dress on it aswell. I can see both patterns in this dress.

Lots of wild variations running through my head. Just got home from assembly and want to get into the sewing nook soon but not before we sort out some things that have cropped up first – five four legged babies in the back of the ute with only three mummies of the live variety! We need to trade fleece for freedom and then it’ll be all good and I can go an sew.

Yes I was going to ask about the photo session too Mel, how’d it go?

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am lovin’ these Roller Skate dress poping up on flicker!

I am slowly working on the older boys’ shirts. I didn’t sew much yesterday but did not feel like it. I hope to finish them up today seeing I bought buttons yesterday. I love the feel of the fabric, so soft and light.

Now onto Sarah’s dress. Kit was a no go so I ordered the swiss trim. Now the scalloped swim trim is on back order. I’ll be calling the store back today to see if there is a chance of getting this in before Easter if not her dress will have to wait. Maybe the Polka dot Bubbble dress will have to work after all. Maybe a different version of the Fairy tale dress? Nothing seems to be going well this week at all. I think I will go back to bed. ; )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I finished Elsa’s blazer and love it but I am sure an O+S version would be nicer hint hint HINT….

Today I cut out a PinWheel dress for Liddy. It is really Hugo’s turn but sewing work trousers is soooo dull and a pretty dress far more tempting.

Sharon,I am very tempted by the Roller Skate dresses but this hot weather must surely break soon!

(7th day of 40d/104f)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I agree work pants are only fun if they are pretty (and Im sure Hugo doesn’t go for pretty work pants). Have to take a pic of the pink field trips.

You should get the cool change either tomorrow or Thursday Nicole. We had our first under thirty today since August.

I just ironed all the pretty bits of fabric I washed today and didn’t even get to finish laying out the pattern pieces on that fabric. Tomorrow I will have more time to get going and cut more things out and possibly use the machine. Want to get something to hand sewing bits just so that there is something extra for those times when I’m away from home and need to stitch something.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

That is some seriously hot weather! I don’t envy you that. Hope you get to have a swim or something!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Blissfully cool and breezy today!! Cut out size 8 Book Report from orange pinwale corduroy with D. Schmidt paisley for contrast, a size 4 BR from bright blue pinwale cord with “star” patterned light weight drill for contrast, and a size 3 vest from orange cord, and a cheeky robot printed fabric for lining. Carpet now needs serious vacuum! Next job is trace off either a size 6 or 7 Music Class blouse, and cut out two blouses to go with denim Music Box view B pinafore. So much to sew, and never enough time. Still have to buttonhole/button Family Reunion but wanted to clear away the piles of ironed fabric from chairs/floor.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

After lots and lots and even more puzzling, I managed to cut my Crepe and K’s birthday party dress from my 4.5 yards of stash fabric. Thanks largely to a great suggestion from my mom about cheating with the sash for crepe. I hope to finish the birthday party dress in time for church on Sunday. But she also needs a spring jacket pretty badly so that’s a priority too. I was determined not to be behind in spring sewing this year and started planning in Januaury. And yet somehow, the warm days this Week caught me by surprise. That communion dress got out of control time wise. Now I really want to catch up on my projects!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I was waiting for my new patterns to arrive as I needed a small Sketchbook pattern for pants for A’s haute couture knock off suit. But meanwhile I cut out some Field Trip Pants and a Top and a pair of After School Pants. Now I’ve got those to sew, but then my patterns came in the post, and all these Roller Skate dresses are making me think I’ll do one of those before summer’s over.

My daughter is probably never going to consent to wearing the outfit I’m making her anyway so setting aside briefly won’t matter….

So today was Field Trip Cargo day. I’m up to the point of sewing the legs to each other. Lots of stitching to get to this point, but so satisfying.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Aren’t they great pants?! No power here until lunch time so it is more cutting out! I might get to stitch the curvy bits of the Roller skate tunic I have sitting there but the iron cuts out the gennie so that will the extent of my sewing – until lunchtime! I really hope it comes on before that though. Don’t want to cut out too many things and the kids are home because the whole area is out and that means a cancelled swimming carnival.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Justsewit, I think you need a singer treadle machine so you can still sew when the power cuts out! 🙂 Hope the power’s on again soon!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well actually, seeing as you have mentioned it, I do have a treadle. It was given to my remaining sil when mil passed away and she in turn gave it to me as I sew and she doesn’t (kind sil I have). It is sitting in the farmhouse “waiting” for us to “move in” and when that will be is unknown. It isn’t the machine that makes “gennie” fizz it is the iron and you have to press the curvy bits of the roller skate dress to get it nice. Apparently power was restored before lunchtime but by then we were heading for Spotlight in search of lovely bargains which were unfortunately not located – the brushed jersey sign was where the linen was and all the bolts had their tags toward the ground! I asked the attendant what happened and she said new management! Oh dear! So no nice knits or lawn were found and forget the total of three (disgusting) colours of linen! I settled for lots of drill instead in order to make lots of cargo pants.

Tomorrow I will continue the roller skate tunic and the class picnic top of the same print just to move them aside and make something they can go with, skirts mainly.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Today I drafted patterns for a work shirt and trousers for Hugo. They are a cargo style that should be good for the building site.

I sewed up the tunic of the Pinwheel dress and I am in LOVE!

Liesl is just so clever.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I got a good start on the birthday party last night. I haven’t made it before, so I had to pay attention, but it’s a sweet dress. Unfortunately, the time flew by and it was late! Doesn’t it always seem to fly when the kids are asleep? Still, I have no worries about finishing it for Sunday or sooner.

Then I need to make her a spring jacket. Last years Sunday Brunch in size 24months looks a little silly on a girl wearing a 3T!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I need to finish my tea party and fix the zipper on the penguin backpack. Then onto geen size 12 field trip cargos!

Thats frustrating justsewit, I was in spotlight this week and thought of you when the tana lawn was out for $8/m we had like 20-30 bolts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,996 through 2,010 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.