Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thankyou Sarvi, I am not a good patient !

Cutting out today , too fuzzy to sew. I have cut out 2 Sketchbook Shirts for Son&Heir , a 2+2 Blouse for the Twins and having a fiddle with a 2+2 Blouse for Little One.

Plodding along at the machine with a 2+2 Blouse for the Twins, white cotton with a Liberty trim, ( Goodness, it hurt cutting that into bias strips !)

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Hopefully you’ll have that bug kicked soon! And it sounds like you have loads of eye candy for us all when you’re feeling well again!

Finished up my first Jump Rope dress last night!! I need smaller buttons, which isn’t necessarily bad as I wasn’t happy with the color options for the dress. And I noticed that I have LOTS of yellow buttons. What on earth was I thinking?! Obviously my mind goes blank when I get into the shop and am standing in front of a wall of button choices.

Fabric is set to arrive at my door step this morning! Enough for one outfit each from the Nature Walk and Hopscotch patterns, and a side project. So at least I get to use some of it and it’ll be nice to have goodies prepped when my new patterns arrive!

Hoping to make one non-O+S item (I know, gasp!) this weekend and get some drafting completed. I need larger sizes in the Sandbox pants and the 2+2 blouse. I’d really like to get at least one of those items sewn by the end of next week so I can devote my full attention to the new patterns.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Its so exciting isn’t it ! I am trying to get Son&Heirs wedding outfit finished and then I can devote all my time to the new patterns.

I have been thinking of some new boys designs, I must sit down, nut them out and post them on the ideas forum.

I love your Jumprope dress Mel , lovely Autumn colours !

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Finished my non-O+S project, drafted the Sandbox pants, and was able to get started on a pair in denim for my girl. Planning to re-draft the Jump Rope in size 3T! What we have now is a very form fitting dress and I’m afraid my girl won’t wear it much longer than a month. *sigh* Glad I used some stash fabric for the first go. This is the slimmest pattern I’ve made, but at least if 3T is a little baggy she can always grow into it! My fabrics arrived and are now prepped for 2 of the new patterns!

New project list is up on the fridge and a new goal has been set. I’m beginning graduate school in Jan. and my goal is to have my Niblet wearing, every day through fall and winter, at least one item made by me. I’m no fool, I know my craft time will severely diminish when I begin classes and I think it’ll be a nice reminder to see her sporting Mommy goods since I won’t be behind the machine as often!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think that is such a lovely idea, I feel that way when my brood go off on camps. I love to pack ‘my’ things so they know I am thinking of them.

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Hi all! I’m going to make a pair of Bedtime Story pjs for my friend’s little son. He is a toddler… 2 years old. I would love links to your flickr piccies to show me what colors/fabrics little boys might like. I’ve had little girls on my mind so much as I get into sewing these patterns and I don’t want to make the pjs too sweet. I plan on steering clear of obvious kid prints–I want these to be more sophisticated, like Liesl talks about in her principles of fabric selection… all ideas welcome!!!! thanks, Nancy

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Your a women after my own heart Nancy! I think I saw a great set , I will be back !

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Big thanks, Nicole! Those are really cute! have you any you made for your son??? xoxo

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

He was too big, so when I made all the girls Nicey Jane pj’s I used the sage/blue colour- way and made him vintage karate style ones.

However, since then I have wondered about making him a pair in stretch fabric, he wears boxers based on the size 8 Bedtime Story pants. I make them with the leftovers from my sewing florals, stripes, you name it !

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

This is wonderfully helpful! :o)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have nearly finished Son&Heirs Sketchbook pants in the wool cloth, just need to add elastic. Unfortunately , he left early as he is showing hens at the Adelaide Show, and the Ag teacher took them up to town today. He then has footy training tonight so he won’t be home until late, and I used up my last piece of precut elastic his size and I have not got around to cutting more ! Very cross with myself !

I hand sewed as much as possible,with the mock fly being the only visible stitching.

Still feeling very poorly , so will potter around with some cutting out today.

What are you sewing now ?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Hey Nancy. A lot of times when I’m wanting some ideas I’ll do a search for the outfit name inside the O+S Flickr pool. Quick and easy and a good way to see a great variety.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh Nicole. Sorry to hear you’re still under the weather. Hope you’re feeling yourself soon!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Mel, I ended up doing a home test to see if that was why I feel so rotten, but, negative, so ,must just be a virus !

Good idea about the flickr search.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.