Oliver + S

New pattern speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Oh, Liesl, you’ve done it again. Here I was thinking that maybe I didn’t really need to buy them this time because K is in size 4 and I won’t get much use out of the smaller size. And then I saw the Garden Party Dress and you had me at the shirring!

The baby layette is a total surprise. I did not see that coming! And it might be one of those patterns to get now and save. It would make such a wonderful baby gift, wouldn’t it? What a clever idea.

Just don’t tell my kids I’m buying patterns. We all agreed to giving up buying stuff for Lent.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh now I’M Behind everyone else! How can that be?? Saw them, they are lovely. Will make them for the sake of making them I think.

Aaaah! meleliza, you got the kids to tell you you had to give up buying things for Lent? When the new patterns were coming out? That is hard! I’m going back to giving up chocolate!

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

Meleliza, Sundays don’t count in the Lenten obligation 🙂 these are feast days!!! buy your patterns then…

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvve! I have 7 mamas-to-be and 5 newborns to sew for, timing could not be better!!!!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I love the layette pattern! I must have this for Caspian and for sewing presents for all the new babies. Caspian still wears 12 month size so this will be perfect for him for a while.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sharon, I love the look of little toddling things running around in shortie outfits to show off their chubby knees. The little girls around here are all wearing shortie dresses and bloomers which weren’t popular some ten years ago. I love it. Its very retro.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Did you see the welt pockets on the Hide and Seek dress? That’s what I’m talking about! I love details like that. Congrats to Liesl and Todd on a great release.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh, they are gorgeous, just gorgeous!

Fingers crossed that lovely tunic dress will fit the Twins. I think they will really like that.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I agree Nicole! It is one I think my big girl might go for also.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

All right you lucky pattern testers, start posting pics to flickr. Oooh lovely!

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Wow! I am in love! I have been looking for a pattern like the Garden Party dress for several years, and it flashed across my mind that maybe, just maybe Liesl would give us one like that this time! I will be breaking out the credit card shortly….as in before I go to bed. Just wish I could decide if I need the layette or not; my baby is almost out of the size range, but I have a lot of nieces and nephews coming on!

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

After more closely perusing the Garden Party dress…….my heart is racing, my fingers are shaking and I can’t hit the buy button fast enough! It’s simply gorgeous!!! And I like the Hide n Seek better than at first glance. What a batch of winners!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hate to boast but…. I got the lot and my kids (well the girl anyway) is really on the tail end of the sizing system. Couldn’t resist.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I am REALLY digging the hide-and-seek. It has a cool, Japanese-sewing-book vibe that I’m really into at the moment. I am not sure how my girls would like it, but wouldn’t it be beautiful in a muted shot cotton or slubby linen with a more vibrant version of the same in the center panel?

The layette has my ovaries aching. My boy would wear a lengthened 12m on the O+S size chart though, so …

What to do, what to do?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh I completely know what you mean RTWG re the layette. I would love love to have that for personal use. I ordered the paper patterns so that they would get here in time for my sewing room to be completed. Then it will be straight into it. I really don’t mind if the styles don’t appeal to my daughter. I can see such creative inspiration in my ideas of how to make them original already and I don’t yet have them in my hot little hands. I might even get to smock something again!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.