Oliver + S

New pattern speculation

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)
  • LINK
    Robin @Robin

Well, I’m sewing Sophie size 10 now!! Which means she’ll likely be wearing 12 next year. That makes me really sad.

I do remember thinking long and hard about whether to buy the small or large size. And I cringe thinking about how I actually cut the first O+S pattern I made.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m in London this weekend and was planning to take my baby on her first trip to Liberty with a view to buying some lawn as a treat. I have made her a class picnic blouse in tana lawn especially. Given I will know nothing about the new patterns until Monday, and our liberty trip is tomorrow I am debating how much lawn to buy as I am guessing there will be a pattern that would be perfect for it….

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Hmmm… depends on what size your daughter wears. Look up the fairytale dress and size and see yardage, add a half yard just to be safe. Because, Liberty Tana Lawn isn’t too precious! (and that extra could be used in another way, I am sure.

๐Ÿ˜‰

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sometimes Todd will realise details early, for shopping, maybe if you beg very prettily…….

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

If she really is a baby (as opposed to my baby who is three) you’re probably safe with one metre. Since a metre is larger than a yard anyway. If you’re talking about a little girl, 2 meters is plenty.

I don’t bother tracing patterns any more, even the expensive ones. I don’t think I ever traced the cheap ones. I cut out the pieces and use a tracing wheel and can reuse them several times. I trace only the few patterns I really make over and over in the same size or the ones that need a lot of alteration.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Thanks guys, she’s 17 months and is most decidedly a toddler, i’m just in denial! I will always use any excess I suppose, and I can admire its beauty in the pile in the craft cupboard until I do!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

One metre is still enough, but extra can be used later for facings, bias trim appliquรฉ, etc. I dropped my 3 year old off at art class the other day for her very first away from mom drop off school thing and got positively teary. I guess I’m in denial too. ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Less than 24 hours to go I think.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

The closer the pattern reveal and preview is the more anxious we get. There will be people hitting their refresh button as the time nears. ๐Ÿ˜‰

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well its Monday….. Is it Monday where you are yet? Maybe it will be in a few hours. Getting to the refresh the page stage.

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

It’s still very much Sunday here yet, I believe 7:00 pm in O&S time zone. I’ll probably take a long time to put my baby to sleep tonight ! ๐Ÿ™‚ Either that, or I’ll be out of bed really early tomorrow morning.

Dubhels, my baby is 19 mo. old and I’m most definitely in denial. Probably something to do with the fact that he is no. 6, and I am getting uncomfortably close to 40, so most likely my last. I’m still breastfeeding in an effort to keep him my baby, but he will insist on running around and talking.

~Brenda

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

I hope we can order tomorrow. I hope I hope I hope!

I have great aspirations for KKWC next month ๐Ÿ˜‰

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

No, it’s not Monday yet. Plus, we lost an hour this weekend for daylight savings, so I guess that’s one hour longer we’ll have to wait. No, wait, one hour less! That always confuses me.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

And it’s Monday …… Now. But I imagine they’d like some sleep before starting the work week. ๐Ÿ™‚

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

Well, I did think that mayyyybeee they would set the blog post to auto-publish at 12:00 am, or something. If such a thing can even be done…….I’m so computer illiterate.

Yawn……my baby has been sleeping for awhile now so I will go lay him down and TRY to get some sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder which one of us will see them first.

~Brenda

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.