Oliver + S

New here? Introduce yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 377 total)
  • LINK
    hellomynameisivy @hellomynameisivy

Thank you so much, ladies. I did end up ordering it yesterday (found it for a great price online) so it will be here in a few days. Do I need special equipment for this? A pattern tracer? It looks like something you use for screened enclosures but it’s for patterns. What kinds of materials would you use for that pattern? A cotton print (as in quilting cottons) or something with more give?

LINK
    nettiesews @nettiesews

Hello, I am nettie and I am a fabriholic. I don’t want a 12 step program unless it invalves 12 new o+s patterens.

My dh and I live in a small town 30 miles or so nw of Houston, TX. I started sewing when my 1st daughter was born. Eventhough both my grandmother and mother sewed they didn’t teach me.I learned from books and pbs shows. I made most of my daughters’ clothes until they were teens and their taste and mine went in different directions. Now that the grandchildren are coming I have started sewing again.

I am new to o+s and already I am learning new things.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Nettie.

I adore Oliver+S and have been amazed at the improvement in my sewing since I started using them.

Please share your creations in the Flickr group http://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/

~Nicole~

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Ivy, I missed you joining. My Macbook has been sick(literally)

You may be interested in this forum http://www.sewlisette.com/forums/ for more answers about the Lisette patterns.

See you there!

~Nicole~

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Hi Ivy And Nettie,

Welcome!

Ivy, check out Leisl’s post on the fitting of the pattens over at Sew Lisetts, Nicole’s link above. The pattern will have fabric suggestions on the back 🙂

Have fun sewing!

LINK
    hellomynameisivy @hellomynameisivy

Thank you, Nicole and Heidi. I’m off to the Lisette forums now! 🙂

LINK
    marycds @marycds

Hi,

I’m Mary. I’ve been sewing since high school- over 50 years. Retirement coincided with grandchildren and now I get to sew for all of them, now 5 girls and a new baby boy. I find the Big Four pattern companies so disappointing in style but especially in fit. Oliver and S are my favorite on both those points but I also like some of the heirloom type patterns. I like the innocence of these patterns.

In the last year I’ve also been able to begin teaching sewing, something I’d thought about for years. Lots of fun but it does cut into my own sewing time.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hallo Mary, you are most welcome.

Your skills could prove invaluable on this forum helping others with sewing conundrums.

~Nicole~

LINK
    stylememary @stylememary

Hello, everyone! I’m Mary (too), and I’ve been sewing since my mother taught me as a child. Last year I had my own daughter, and now I’m getting into sewing for children. My first OS pattern was the Roller Skate dress. I was instantly in love with this company, and now I’m working on the Secret Agent.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Hi Style Mary, glad you could join us. Were you pleased with how the Roller Skate dress turned out? I’ve yet to make that one.

Fiona

LINK
    stylememary @stylememary

Fiona, yes, I love the Roller Skate! A lovely result and a joyous sewing experience. I was just daydreaming about making the other view in the tunic length. I highly recommend the pattern.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thank you SM; that’s very encouraging.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

So happy to meet all the new people! It’s good to have you.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Isn’t it strange how it feels like a big deal to introduce yourself? I’m so in awe of the talents of the contributors to this site.

I’m Helena and I live in North Yorkshire in England. I have sewn all my life, I have hundreds of ideas but I lack technical know how (and attention to detail and sometimes motivation…). I recently discovered sylvanian families and a sindy doll in my parents loft, all of whom had full bespoke wardrobes of clothes, mostly finished, made when I was really quite young. I have a MAJOR liberty addiction which is fine, I accept it, I can live with that!

In the last year I have returned to sewing in a big way, having had a now 11 month old daughter, and having been off work on maternity leave. I have been loving oliver and s patterns due to both the detail of the instructions and having this resource available to learn from more knowledgable people than me – thank you.

I return to full time work in 2 weeks so I wont be awake enough to sew as much as I have been, but I know I will be able to look at the flickr page and be inspired and find motivation

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Helena, what a beautiful name.

I do hope you can still subscribe to your sewing ‘therapy’. We have the wonderful Ana Sofia who is a fellow Liberty devotee, she works full time and sews pretty dresses into the night. Amazing stuff!

Please pop in and chat, regardless of if you are sewing or not.

~Nicole~

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.