Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It’s been interesting this week but that’s life hey!

Ellie Inspired have some lovely patterns and up to a 12 also. Is it any particular smocking design? Always interested to see what is evolving. I like seeing something like smocking used with modern day patterns it somehow ties the old with the new.

Do have lots of fun making the Puppet show outfit – that would be a terrific little pattern.

Tomorrow I am looking at a dress hem and praying I don’t have to alter a thing. I want to bond with my machine again and sew something in the pile on the cutting table because alterations are not my cup of tea and well… I just don’t want to. I have three half made things and another five waiting in line but nothing finished and I just want to finish something and feel satisfied.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I really never tried altering myself. It scares me, I think I would mess something up. I am still waiting on the PDF pattern but I am going to buy the fabric today, yippy!! I haven’t bought fabric in over a month, yikes! It’s a very lovely pattern, perfect for church or a wedding. It is a simple smocking pattern for begginers but she said to feel free to make fancy so we will see. A very exciteing week here!

Sharon

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Doesn’t the pdf come through straight away? Or do you mean it is printed to proper size and sent to you? Simple is good – even for more experienced smockers as it means you don’t have to think much about the stitches. It sounds like a lot of fun.

I have fabric waiting it’s turn (after the 8 or so other things) to be turned into a Cat in the Hat costume and Good Witch Glinda for book week which is at the end of August. I want to try and use pattern sources already instead of drafting from scratch as I am a little pressed for time at present. We got fabric yesterday but that was at the last minute as the kids first said they wanted to be Thing 1 and thing 2 from the Dr Seuss books – it would have been easier but still…

I have half made picnic shorts and tops, still half a jumprope dress and half an Icescream dress to make before the costumes are even looked at. Just have to get the half made things out of the way first and the pile seems to be building.

The dress hasn’t arrived yet – I have two hours to get over my grumpiness of having to do it. Alterations have that affect on me.

I hope you all have a lovely sewing project on the go.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I have to share this because I know you will appreciate it here: I made a little popover tunic yesterday in some fabric I just used to make a top for myself. (don’t worry, we won’t wear them on the exams day;)) baby girl had been gunning for this cheerful yellow stuff while I worked on my sorbetto, so I had to oblige her. Plus, it’s such a good dress for the yucky sticky weather. So – when I showed her the finished dress, she actually squealed with pleasure and reached out for it. And promptly stuffed it in her mouth, of course. Can you imagine? Nine months old and she’s excited about clothes! It’s like all my prayers have been answered.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What a cute story! Hope she grows up to be a famous fashion designer – then she can make YOU some clothes. With such a developing sense of style, anything is possible.

I have been saved the trouble of hem alteratons – thanks to slightly higher heeled shoes. It was supposed to be floor length this dress and it had a rolled hem so would have had to have been cut like 1mm (which I wasn’t prepared to do) so I suggested a slightly higher heel and it worked. Very relieved.

Suffering from Monday-itis and working on some big motivation. Hopefully by this evening I can sit and stitch a bit while waiting for dance classes to finish. Tomorrow will be perfect to sew and I am so very much looking forward to finishing this jumprope dress.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Really,it is no different to children wearing their Daddy’s team colours,is it? It is what they grow up seeing around them. Our home revolves around sheep and sewing!

I am a good way through Miss Z’s Seashore dress toile and I must MUST cut the Burda pattern out and make a bodice toile.

I would rather be cutting Music Class and School Picnic blouse from grey voile and raspberry linen-Yummy!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Just finished the muslin/toile for Sketchbook shorts lengthened to trousers. I didn’t taper the leg enough so they’re a bit wider-legged than I would like, but I think they’ll look nice cuffed. I have a Sorbetto top cut out and ready to go next, as well as the next size up Music Box in the same heavy linen as a Sunday Brunch jacket I made a while back. Unfortunately I don’t have any more of the same fabric I used for the jacket’s facings, but I suppose nobody will see the difference.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh, and I am also getting diverted into some very enjoyable knitting 🙂

LINK

Oh I have always wanted to learn to knit!! I think I will give it a go this fall.

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

This morning I am tracing off the smallest sizes for Family Reunion. This pattern makes me SO HAPPY. I want to make it up in about a dozen fabrics!

I just got back from a long weekend with my sister and we worked on adjusting patterns to fit ourselves. Now I know why I prefer sewing for dolls and children.

[P.s. Thanks Nicole! I added my sewing-for-tykes blog to my name. My sewing-for-dolls blog is http://www.dollfancier.com]

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve had a no sew week. Today is another no sew day as I have son’s opthamologist appointment and my optometrist appointment. We’re visiting my MIL today as she has been transferred back closer to home and she’s in the same hospital as the Opthamologist so no running from one end of the city to the other.

So I’m really hoping that this afternoon when I come home, I can get something under the needle of my sewing machine. I’ve got ALOT of drafting to do and I have to sort out two book week costumes amongst other things. Just need to find my motivation switch and turn it back on.

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

I finished my first Sketchbook shirt. Yay! you can see piccies on flickr.

My biggest error was making the buttonholes too small so I had to find different buttons from the original sailboat buttons I had chosen. Still, I am happy with the new buttons and the feeling of the final result. Whew! it’s a gift for the son of my second cousin/once removed. He’s the same size my Sam was when he was born and precious!

LINK

I just finished today the Puppet show tunic dress and two tops, Yayy!!! I posted the pictures on flicker. I am working on three pairs of the shorts now. I finished sewing the pockets onto the short panel a bit ago. Can’t wait to see hte on my little girl! I am still hoping to get some school sewing done for the boys up too but sadly my sewing has been slowed way down. The what we thought was broncidous turns out to be gull stones and I am hurting to say the least. But I must sew on. 😉 I figure I can get a bit of sewing done everyday until surgry and I will see from there.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh you poor darling Sharon,that sounds very painful.

My back is being tricky so I am sewing up Bedtime Story Pj’s as I can make those with out thinking too hard!

I have finally got around to making a top as a blouse in a cotton/linen mix,it looks very groovy on the baby!

The Twins are keen for some tunic tops for summer and I was wondering about lengthening the Music Class blouse? In a sheer embroidered floaty cotton?

The ones in the shops are a bit ‘bush piggy’

LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

I’m gathering ‘bush piggy’ is a bad thing?

I finally ordered and received the Sunday Brunch pattern after I finally found one in the bigger size (on amazon of all places!) Procrastinating on that one almost bit me hard.

In celebration of my find, and my trip to 3 fabric shops in the city Wednesday, I have/am cutting out two more 2+2 blouses, 2 Sunday Brunch jackets, 1 Music Class blouse (long sleeves), 1 long sleeve Sketchbook shirt, 1 pair of Puppet Show shorts, and 1 Sunday Brunch skirt. In my defense, some of it is for Christmas =P

On a side note, a lady sent me a message yesterday on flickr asking if I would sell several items I had just made. I replied back, that while I was flattered, this clothes were intended for my daughter to wear to school this fall. Just curious, did she message anyone else? It seems an odd way to go about clothes shopping and just rubbed me as weird.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.