Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,251 through 5,265 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

You could take a look at:

http://oliverands.com/in-house-patterns/OLV-IH-3011.html

For the blouse with gathered shoulders and front placket. The sleeves are long in this version but could be shortened.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Last night I had a very Oliver and s type of dream! I dremed I smocked a puppet show dress! Ya never know it may come true yet but after I clear the other projects half done first.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I finally got back to sewing tonight. I feel I haven’t sewn much in the last month or so. But tonight I cut out and pinned my first pair of parachute pants. Although I’m making them so that the stripe closes with velcro so I’ll see how they go.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Stripper pants Heidi?!! :0

LINK

My niece is about to spend 2 weeks in plaster casts up to her knees (including her feet) on both legs! I thought it would be MUCH easier to get pants on and off if the sides opened up.
    I was planning a significant hack of probably the field trips or sandbox and then the parachute pants are released with a perfect stripe down the side 🙂 Only needs a little modification to work (I hope).
    I’m also thinking of hacking the hopscotch skirt too. Using the waistband, button placket and maybe the pockets but making a much twirlyer skirt. Again a wrap around skirt will probably be easier to put on than one that needs to be pulled over the casts. Although a skirt can go on over her head, so not a major issue.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Thank you for the pattern tips! That is two new pattern companies you’ve introduced me to, which for someone with more ideas and enthusiasm than time is a very dangerous thing! I’ll have to tell my husband you made me buy something…

I’ve just about finished a vintage pj top for Lady E to take on holiday with her. I’ve had to free style some bits, and it’s not as neat on the inside as I would like, but it’s cute. Sickly sweet cute possibly, but I like it! Not sure that the proportions are right, I might have to add a ruffle to the hem, I think I’ll take a photo and get some opinions from you.

Heidi you are very kind with your sewing, I’m sure it will be much appreciated.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have images of … What’s that movie called? Stripper pants what a hoot!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I worked on a very special Nature Walk today. I’m using a 3XL fleece vest which has a unique embroidered logo to make it. I’m colour blocking it with some microfleece. Will post in the Flikr when done.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

That’s a great idea @withloveHeidi and they will be great for afterwards when all is healed as sport track pants that she can put on without yet having to take shoes off. The pattern should be perfect.
    I should make some waterproof over pants for my son’s ride to school in winter. Good thinking Heidi (again)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Rummaging through a box of ufo’s i had set aside for when time availed (when noah was a wee babe), I found a few things that I could use now. A very large looking romper that had been cut out in flannelette featuring sheep, along with an almost completed embroidered collar to match and some fabric earmarked for a little square yoke along with a half done bishop gown, a bishop romper (which maybe too small in the neck) and a have done Frannie (Lyn weeks pattern). The Frannie is a size two so I dont have to work on that in a hurry but the other things will be looked at worked on over the next month or so.

I also chopped the smocked part of a dress I’d obviously started and not completed for Imogen as it was a size 7. I can use the fabric to make a small sized dress for miss Chloe instead.

I didn’t actually sew today. I did inspiration research in order to feel sane and not get frustrated with a house full of noisy people.

LINK

Finished the side opening parachute pants. Now I need to check the fit. the legs look smallish to go over casts, but then she has very slim long legs 🙂
    Shelley, I love the idea of waterproof overpants pants! These would also be perfect for her, dry knees when she falls over 🙂
    Mashing up the parachute Polo with the tea party sundress as my next project!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I will be interested to see how the two marry up. I have always thought the teaparty playsuit would be quite easy to lengthen. Its just a matter of working it all out!

So glad the Liesl and co patterns are ready for us now. It means I can go ahead and order them and the paper Oliver and s ones.

LINK

I’m drafting 2 versions in size 5 (mash up of size 5 parachute and size 3 Tea Party and lots of length). The first is the parachute with the Tea Party curved bodice seam and Tea Party skirt. The second is a princess seamed dress with the neck, shoulders and armhole (and sleeves) of the parachute polo grafted onto the centre and side panels of the Tea Party skirt with the princess seam coming from the notch in the sleeve joined to the notch in the Tea Party bodice by a curved line. So far the pattern pieces are looking good. off to finish the back princess seams. I’ll probably make up the princess seams first as the other one has a seam across the placket and I don’t want to do that as my first one 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I spent some time putting together the parachute pattern this morning while the children kept Chloe company. The pants look really long! I love the new format of the little dotted lines indicating where to cut and also the indication of which pages to print for the view you need. Ts a time and paper saving idea that’s genius!

LINK

I’m up to the placket, I can see this fast becoming a favourite sew. I’ve got ides for plain tops with floral collars and packets. The perfect use for all those small pieces of vintage florals I haven’t been able to throw out 🙂
    inspiration : http://www.nautica.com/-girls%27-floral-collar-polo-%288-16%29/25G32K.html?dwvar_25G32K_color=675#uuid=bch0MiaagZW2saaadhjyQoSFvU&display=157&sz=99

Viewing 15 posts - 5,251 through 5,265 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.