Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve nearly finished the sketchbook shirt! I just need to go out to spotlight and get the right sized black buttons. hopefully all their buttons are still on sale. The shirt was definitely easier this time, this is the third time I’ve made this shirt. hopefully the next one will go very well too!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Emily, I would love to see the Layette on an older child!

Good luck with your button hunting Heidi.

I had trouble sitting today, it was uncomfortable so I drafted and cut a jacket and a vintage A-line dress for Tilly and my Late Lunch tunic for me. I also drafted a shirt for Jed but didn’t quite get to cutting that!

I hope I can sit tomorrow, all I need to do is button holes on Hugo’s cardigan.

LINK
    EmilyG @EmilyG

Heidi, I’ve been contemplating that pattern for my almost one year old. Don’t know if it is too fussy for baby clothes. So I’d love your thoughts.

Nicole I remember feeling that way when I was pregnant with Barrett. Hope you are feeling more comfortable.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I just finished 2 scarves made of liberty. I would not recommend tearing the liberty according to these instructions. If it is cut severely off grain as one of my pieces was, it is unusable, plus the torn Liberty warps slightly, where they key is keeping it square.

All in all, though, they took 1.5 hrs each to make and are lovely.

Here are the directions- http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2011/4/27/mollys-sketchbook-mothers-day-liberty-scarves.html

I need to get organized before I take on a big project. Also the blog posts on color palette has me thinking I should plan the WeeGee’s fall wardrobe.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks for the link Jenny, its lovely but I would weep at badly cut Liberty.

Thank you Emily, baby seems to have shifted and I am as good as gold today, my wrist has blown up from all the cutting out though. I had to fish out my wrist brace, I have not worn that since my hockey days! 🙂

As for the Layette, I could see it the bodysuit made in a checked flannelette (or printed Liberty) as an untuckable shirt paired with denim (or soft cord or velvet) baby pants as wee jeans.

OR, a nice firm knit for the bodysuit with contrast top stitching and heavier knit for the bottoms as a wee track suit. I think the fabric will dictate the age suitability rather then the style.

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I had a few minutes without the toddler today so I was able to partially piece the back to my latest quilt. Next up, Sunny Day shorts with pockets–my little guy loves pockets! Then, add a strap to my Bucket Hat. Then, quilt the quilt that’s pin basted and ready to go under the needle.

I am tempted by the Everyday skirt pattern…for me:-)

LINK

Emily, it would be lovely on a one year old. If you have The layette pattern you may want to make it into a body suit. The sketchbook shirt is not fussy just classic! If I ever have a baby I would like to make one to wear under the Tea Party playsuit or dress. Make sure you check out Nicole’s tutorial on the sketchbook shirt, in fact she made it in 6m when she did the tutorial 🙂

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/sketchbook-shirt-tutorial-part-1.html

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I just finished the Everyday Skirt for my sister. In the spirit of (& inspired by) Nicole’s sneaky school uniforms, I added a hidden detail of woven ribbon that I used to finish the bottom hem. If I had any liberty fabric (and oh, how I wish I did!), I would’ve used it for the pocket linings.

Such a fun sew and beautiful results, I can’t wait to sew one up for myself!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That sounds so lovely Patricia (and I get such a kick out of seeing my name in print, I am so uncool)

You must get some Liberty, once you work up the nerve to cut and sew it, you will be hooked!

I made some Megan Nielsen Virginia leggings today in ‘jegging’ fabric. Am I the only person who loathes that word?

And…..I am up to attaching the skirt to the bodice of my Late Lunch tunic, so excited to try this on!

LINK

Nicole, I call the fabric “knit denim”!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I heartily approve!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Only 4 sewing days left before we go on Hol’s!

I finished my Late Lunch tunic, what a lovely pattern, and today I broke the back of a CC Kestrel coat for Tilly.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m sewing a cape and lining it, which is NOT part of the pattern. I thought I had it sorted only to try turning it right side out and ended up with two interlocking loops that couldn’t be turned. Unpicked the whole periphery and I’m going to try sewing it sort of from the inside. So glad I wasn’t bothering to document how I was doing it. It’s farcical!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh no Shelley, are you sure you had it wrong?

I though I had stuffed up the Lullaby jacket and was about to un pick it when I realised I had it pulled the wrong way but sewed correctly.

But then again, if you have unpicked it, I hope it was wrong (said with great love)

I still have a 50 photo Apple Picking tute in which I sewed the button placket on the wrong side……

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Oh it was definitely wrong. A donut shape can only be turned inside out if either the complete inner circle or complete outer circle is unstitched. Seems obvious now! The neckline was fiddly and is topstitched so it had to be the perimeter to unpick. Probably over 3 metres!

Still, one only falters if one was brave to begin with! Lesson sorely learned.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.