Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,321 through 4,335 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I managed to get hold of some black jersey knit yesterday at spotlight so I can finally make some long sleeved tees for the kids to wear under their black sports shirts at school – we have been “winging it” with other shirts and they have been forbidden to take their jackets off in order to avoid a telling off by the teacher (ludicrous if you ask me but they seem to be cracking down big time this year). So that is on the agenda for today, to draft and cut out the black tees. I also want to alter the ladies tee to fit myself as I need warm stuff and everything I have doesn’t fit.

I also want to draft off the size 12 pyjama pattern to make Noah some new ones – he has decided to have a sleep over birthday party in a couple of weekends time so it is a matter of “move it mum!”

If I get the chance also today I want to enlarge the sleepover pj pattern for Imogen as she has most certainly outgrown the 12 :(.

Don’t know how far I will get as I am required for paddock work sometime this morning so I am hoping to get something underway at least.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

That sheep is HUGE! I honestly never knew merinos were so big! Makes our Welsh mountain sheep look like tiddlers. I knit a lot and merino is such a lovely yarn, I use it a lot. Now I know what it looks like before I buy it! Thanks Nicole, very educational! How many have you got?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

He was a big boy Linda, 17 months old and 115kg (253 lbs) and he would have got bigger.

We shear around 5000 sheep a year. 1500 are stud ewes, pure Merino. Then we have flock Merinos and Hugo and I have a mob of cross breds for fat lambs. (But I do very little now, my job is marketing)

But sewing wise…… I nearly finished Zara’s Lola dress. It is a fantastic sew. I did find out though that my otherlocker seam is not 1 cm but 1.3 cm. My seams didn’t match up perfectly for the bodice and the skirt, BUT they unmatched beautifully (perfectly uneven) so Zara told me to leave as the status quo.

Seriously cute pattern!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I managed to trace the metro t shirt pattern in the xs and xxl sizes and the school bus pattern in the 12. I whipped up a muslin of the xxl for myself just for gauging the fit. It isn’t too bad but could do with some slight alterations to the width and length – now that I require everything to cover the pants!

I will make the necessary alterations and then get going with cutting and sewing some more. My girl charlee fabric turned up so now I can get some t shirt sewing done.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I did my first freezer print tonight!

I made Elsa some robot printed Sleepover pants and stencilled a white Field trip tee to match.

We shall be sewing twins Tamara, I am drafting the tee for Hugo tomorrow.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I thought they were robots but was game to ask. My kids especially Imogen would prefer wearing a t shirt as pjs too. I think she is just getting to that age – she wants to shut the door ALL the time!

Sewing twins will suit me down to the ground! I am yet to draft the men’s tee but will have to source some more manly fabric before making it.

I was hoping to crank out a couple of black tees last night for the kids to wear under their sports shirts but alas fatigue got me good and proper and I was sound asleep before 8.30pm – should start feeling more energetic soon I hope!

But definitely today, school bus and metro and the two drafted sizes – we all need ’em.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

I’ve had a productive few days. Saturday I spent most of the day sewing while my husband entertained Audrey. I managed to finish her Music Box blouse, and the matching one for Harriet. No photos yet though.

Yesterday I finished the School Days Coat and started on quilting the fabric for the insulated vest.

Chris is in Melbourne for work tonight, so maybe I will get a lot done while I have an evening to myself!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Wow! Sounds like you have been having some productive time there Jay. How are you quilting the vest? I would love to do one that could be free motion quilted and used in its own right, but where in this part of the world are we going to need insulation? Probably on windy days out helping dad in the paddock where the jacket itself would be required too.

I spent all day until 2.30pm cutting out five t shirts but only sewing one! I had to alter the metro t shirt for me because the mock up I made last night isn’t really the most comfy at the moment. It might fit me this time next year but only at a pinch.

Anyway, so I was very naughty and made my t shirt in fabric I hadn’t yet washed and only found this out with the blue dye all over my hands! But it fits and that is the main thing. The one thing though I really do have to be wary of next time is the when using the rotary cutter to cut the notches, don’t go too deep as I have teeny holes where I did cut too much into the seam allowance. Don’t do that if you can help it!

I have to spend some time tonight sewing two of the black short for the kids so they can wear them tomorrow. Pink doesn’t look very good under a black and yellow t shirt somehow.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve done pretty much no sewing this week šŸ™ But lots of babysitting and spending time with friends šŸ™‚ I’m looking forward to cutting out a sketchbook shirt today once I’ve done some cleaning to get ready for the rent inspection next week.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

This is the fabric for the vest and hood lining: http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/2764833

I’ve quilted along the lines the birds are sitting on (lots of thread changes required!). The quilting is finished, so now I need to cut it out and bind the edges.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What terrific fabric! Pity about the thread changes though- they can really be a pain sometimes.

I haven’t sewn yet but plan to cut out another metro t shirt for me before this one becomes too lived in and I have some jeans for the kids to complete. Should have started earlier! I think I will have to stay up and fight sleep!

I finally received some fresh pleater needles from what was Country Bumpkin but is now Create in stitch. That means I can pleat the bodice of that little puppet show out fit and get smocking. It also means I can actually smock the purple playtime dress I pleated a few months ago. I might use that one for the smocked garment in the show depending on how it turns out. Then maybe Imogen can wear it this summer.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Gorgeous fabric Jay, and you are a girl after my own heart, I like to match threads too.

After glueing and drafting my Metro mens tee pattern, perfect. Shortening a New Look track pants pattern, slightly annoying, and glueing together a Thread Theory PDF, pain in the bum, I succumbed to a horrid tummy bug so today was spent resting.

BUT it is all waiting nicely for me.

*I must say, the Thread Theory pattern looks lovely but it glues together to make a HUGE sheet, a bit of a turn off after the nifty O+S method.*

LINK

Hope the tummy bug goes away soon! I hear you on the massive glue together pattern sheets, I felt the same after putting together Colette’s Mabel Skirt Pdf, and I think that was a small one! Liesl has the best Pdf patterns!

I cut and started the interfacing on the sketchbook shirt. The main fabric is a green gingham and I’m using black for the placket, collar, yoke, cuffs and top stitching. Nicole, I’m using your lovely tutorial to help me put it together šŸ™‚

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh no! Tummy bugs beware! They need to devise an immunisation against them somehow!

I cut out the front and back of another metro tee for me in navy knit from out of the stash. I had to use the navy and white spot leftovers for the sleeves and neck band though as there is no way one can make a t shirt from just one metre of fabric! I will work on it tomorrow after getting back from collecting yet another pair of spectacles for this boy of mine! Goodness knows what he does to break the jolly things.

Then over the weekend I want to complete the black tees for the kids, cut and sew the white tees for the kids (two each) and hopefully have enough time up the sleeve to finish constructing the jalie jeans for Imogen and the jeans I cut ages ago for Noah. That will leave next week to make new pj’s for both kids and possibly myself.

LINK

Tamara, hope you got your sewing done over the weekend šŸ™‚

I’ve got the sleeves pinned into the sketchbook shirt but didn’t want to sew tonight. So I modified the Field trip raglan size 3 into a dress using the tutorial, I even remembered to add both a size 3 and a size 6/7 cutting line šŸ™‚ I then turned a size 6 MIP big basic tee into a bolero/shrug, I’m thinking of making a long sleeved shrug with sheer cape at the back for an Elsa dress up

Viewing 15 posts - 4,321 through 4,335 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.