Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,126 through 4,140 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

My husband helps me take my machine apart to fix/clean it. I can never get the front of mine off either that’s why he helps me. He has always fixed the sewing machine.

No sewing at eh moment, I have about five projects I really, really want to sew so I am debating which one will be first. Oh and this weekend is the town spring Celebration so I don’t think it going to happen till Monday.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Sharon, where do you find sewing space when you’re sharing the house? I’ve bee sewing in our bedroom for a long while now, but I’m so sick of not being able to escape the mess. Yesterday I started my spring cleaning with the master suite and it’s so very very clean and tidy and serene now I almost hate to break out a new project. But as I looked at our arrangement yesterday, I came up with a way to move everything around that will close off the sewing at the end of the day without having to actually clear it all away. Without spending lots.

But I did anyway cut a nice little palate cleanser, a sleeveless Geranium dress in Heather Ross strawberries.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Good for you Meleliza! I love having a pretty bedroom so the fact that you have found a way to combat the creative space competing with the space that needs to evoke restfulness is a fantastic one. I am going to feel forever blessed to finally have a separate sewing space that I can shut off if it is too much of a creative mess.

Unfortunately I haven’t been in there alot lately. I have made a whole two swoon blocks of this nine block quilt. We have been rather busy not to mention we received some rather devastating news the other night. And that mixed with news that is rather joyful and should make everyone over the moon, sewing has taken a back seat for a while.

I desperately want to get back in there though. There is alot of sewing to do. I had to purchase clothes for Imogen the other day because of so many time poor explanations! It wasn’t my first option but…. Sometimes we have to compensate.

So I am really hoping to get in and sew this week.

Sharon the spring celebration sounds like alot of fun. I love how some places celebrate the seasons.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

That sounds like a very draining week, Tamara! I hope the good news outweighs the bad in the long run.

Since my sewing machine is out of action I set up my new coverstitch machine and decided to get to know it. I’ve been using the chain stitch to sew a Tea Party sundress. I just changes it to coverstitch and have been practising coverstitching the lining. I’m glad I went with the Coverpro as I’m appreciating all the space to the right of the needle 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have been contemplating sharing so I think I will but in the news and current affairs thread to keep this one a light and fluffy sewing talk one.

The coverpro is exceptional! Such a great choice. So glad you are bonding with your new machine well.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Finished the Music Class duo-finally!

But too dark to photograph. I will tomorrow.

I hope to cut out Hugo’s shirt tonight.

I have no made the Geranium dress but I have seen some very sweet versions.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

It’s very lovely Tamara, the kids are going to the rides today and we are going to the antique car show as well. It should be very nice to get out of the house for a bit.

I sew in the kitchen using the “bar” counter top and table. My mother keeps the table very tiny though to make it impossible for me to sew though, heck I can’t even sit down with the kids to eat a meal now the table is so tiny. The kitchen and living room are the same room and the living area is hubby, baby and I’s room. (Baby C sleeps with us since we moved here) It sure makes sewing anything so hard and I am inching to sew a ton! I will be sewing along in the Deer and Doe sew Along this next, like it or not! ; )

I have Caspian’s birthday outfit to draft and sew still. I wanting to make a matching bucket hat for both Sarah and him. Caspian needs, needs some new sketchbook shirts and some trousers. I want to make two pairs at least of the sailboat and two of the sketchbook and one more pair of the vintage overalls not to say I want to make two short Tea party play suits too. and this is just for him, I need to sew a few things up for Garrett before the 27th of this month and several things up for Sarah too. I am thinking about taking with my mom about this next week, this is ridiculous!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You may need to be quite forward and request the table be made bigger Sharon. I am sorry Sweetheart, so hard for you.

I am not sure what possessed me to sew a pattern that is entirely written in French. I can’t work out if I ADD 1 cm seam allowances or if they are included?

My poor brain.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

“Les valeurs de couture sont comprises” means the seam allowances are included. I have a harder time with the metric values than the French.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Hi Justsewit! Tried your tip re fabric under back of sewing machine foot just before I come to a thick bit- and it worked! I must admit I was surprised! Thanks for the tip.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Glad it worked knitting. It is a handy tip to keep hold of.

Sharon, I’m wondering if we can aid your sewing? Make a couple of the much needed items on the list and send them over perhaps? Just to help out if mum isn’t forthcoming in your requests? Just an idea to think about.

I’m confused Nicole what french pattern are you using?

I hope to get into the sewing room and keep myself there until the school bus turns up. I need to clean it – being the messiest room in the house right now. And then I can get to tracing out the patterns I want to use next. Then maybe I can sit and unpick the errors I made on Imogen’s jeans at the zipper so the topstitching looks a heap better so they can finally be completed.

Accumulating a small pile of handstitching would be handy seeing as I am to go galloping around the countryside on Saturdays this winter. It will give me something to do if its too cold to leave the car.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome, thank you Melanie!

I am using Bing translator, which is very good, but some of the translations are ambiguous…..

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Congratulations vothgirl! A beautiful name for your new little girl.

And to whoever said they only just made it to the hospital… my baby, Josephine, was born in the car park at the hospital. At least I held on ’til the car stopped!

I’m tracing off the pattern for the sailboat skirt and really hoping I can get it out of a piece of leftover houndstooth check I have. I’m planning to make the 3 so it will fit for our very very long winter (this winter in Canberra, which has already begun, then moving to DC in December!).

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Hi Justsewit! Tried your tip re fabric under back of sewing machine foot just before I come to a thick bit- and it worked! I must admit I was surprised! Thanks for the tip.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Fantastic Knitting1. So glad you tried it.

I haven’t done alot. I am currently waiting for the school bus. I pressed the remaining fat quarters for the swoon quilt and will draw the diagonal lines on the squares while the children do homework. I really need to tidy the room up. I had a power short thanks to the dog – grrrrr! He is now evicted and banished from the sewing room!

Once it is tidy I can sort out what to do next. Am designating time blocks for the next few months so that I can at least see where two hours sewing a day can fit.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,126 through 4,140 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.