Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,191 through 2,205 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just finished the denim badminton skirt. I just can’t get over how fast patterns are once youve done a few! Now to do the blue corduroy and pink drill skirts. Still havent cut the t shirts but that can be done tonight, three only.

The boy is now on the mend!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Three badminton skirts all done. Although I have been informed the elastic is a bit snug, oh well.

Now onto t shirts.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Photography has been aging behind sewing. I have a School Photo dress and a pair of After School jeans that I’ve finished and should try and take some pics of……

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I didn’t cut t shirts yesterday as planned. I did however, try making a wearable muslin of the slightly enlarged After school top, which fit really really well….. And I muffed at the last minute so it is wearable no longer.

Trying to entice a pair of denim after school pants, frills and all into miss Imogen’s wardrobe but I worry they will go unworn! Cant get over the whole “I don’t like denim thing”. One of these days the light will come on and she’ll be begging for a pair of denim pants! Will have to change the globe!

Denim after school pants equals bliss!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I can relate to imogen, I refused to wear jeans until I was like 12 years old! I also went through the “only skirts” and only “shorts or pants” phases too! Maybey make her a pair in navy drill or brightly coloured drill as bright colours are very “in”. I’ve had a request for field trip pants in yellow! and also “pink and purple” please 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I know! We will be trendy as anything this winter!! She loves colours and wants a rainbow jacket!! We have agreed on rainbow lining only!

I’ll just make a tiny pair of denim after school pants for my own amusement I think! I was quite satisfied with the ones I made Noah last year.

So didnt sew today – the shopping trip was priority.

Anyway so tonight I hope to get a chance to cut out a proper Afterschool top and three (yes only that many for now) t shirts so I can get these made tomorrow and Sunday. Hopefully I can conquer a bit more than that this weekend though as I want to whip a couple of tops for me!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I drafted and sized up the Book Report to a size 14 for Elsa.

I have been waiting to sew this all summer.

Next up I have to sew school trousers for Hugo ‘yawn’.

LINK

I want the rainbow jacket!!

I went to visit my friends and the little girl who asked for the pink and purple field trip cargos was asking if they were done yet! 🙂 The green ones I made wre being worn by big brother and look great and fit great with just enought room to grow.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

What pink and purple together? That would be so cute! I am really unsure as to how I can do the rainbow jacket with this particular pattern. I wont be making it straight away anyhow as I ran out and didn’t buy anymore non iron on interfacing which is what I use to trace patterns.

I found some rainbow fabric (woven) from Patty Young’s basics and decided to make that into an After school top along with two others and I am jut up to hems of the first – Kate Spain terrain – which took only two hours to sew up to this point. I have some precious City weekend and the Patty Young basics in the same pattern that I plan to sew next. Then the t shirts!

In terms of pants, I am undecided. I looked at the forecast for Perth next week and it will be warming up again! 25 degrees and 32 here on Friday!! Just too warm for April but I really really hope it brings down some moisture as we want to start seeding lupins pretty much Friday next week.

I might make a pair in purple corduroy and she can wear her pink drill cargos I made a while ago. I might be cheeky and use mum’s machine to whip a couple more while I’m down, just while mine is in having a service ya know?!

LINK

I think she means pink and purple together. I might make a few copies of the line drawing and get her to colour them in so I can get an idea of what she is thinking. I was thinking mainly pink with purple cargo pockets, purple internal pockets so the little bit sticks out, purple back pockets and maybe purple belt loops.

What pattern dose she want for her jacket?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sounds like the path I would go down and it will be perfect! I went to take a photo (finally) of the pink field trip pants I had made a while ago and discovered they are stained all over with what looks like black permanent marker! Sigh! Looks like they have to be made this week also.

The jacket pattern that we were looking at is in an Ottobre design issue – winter a few years ago – the corduroy jacket with the frill on the bottom (name of it escapes me). I don’t think I will be able to do it sufficiently enough to satisfy her. I WAS thinking of upsizing the school photo dress and doing a multi coloured one of those with long sleeves instead. But when school starts again I will have more time up my sleeve to really look at the pattern and figure out how best to do it. I suggested the pattern she replied with “cool” and so there you have it. I might get her to have a look in a pattern book to see if there is anything better that she might like – but then it is a might and dependent totally on time scheduling.

I spent a bit of time last night sewing the other two After school tops. I just have sleeves, hems and buttons to go and they are done also.

LINK

Have you got Ottrobe Winter 6/2012? There is a lovely older girls (with princess lines!) duffel coat in the issue (as well as a young girls one and a older and younger boys one). I was looking through it with my 18year old niece and she was eyeing off the duffel coat and telling me how trendy they are at the moment! I mainly bought this issue for the older boy’s coat because I thought that I might loose the fit/line if I increased the School Day’s from 8 to 14/16!

http://www.ottobredesign.com/lehdet_js/2012_6/index.html?en picture

http://www.ottobredesign.com/lehdet_js/2012_6/all-designs_6-12.pdf line drawings coat is bottom ont he right.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Finished Simplicity 5520 out of brocade and taffeta for the dress up showing of “Arthur, Boy King” at Carousel Theater. Ignored the instructions and applied all of the things I have learned from Oliver and S patterns. It is a thing of beauty – French seams, ribbon on the hem, hand stitched neck facing, and extra top stitching. Of course Sophie proclaimed it itchy before she tried it on. (eye rolling on my part) You’d think my daughter had been asked to wear a sandpaper dress. I threatened to give it to a more appreciative little girl, but Sophie thinks she should keep it.

Off to do some comfort sewing with a 2+2 blouse and some double gauze.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have that issue and will take another look at it. It may give out some inspiration for a rainbow jacket. The pattern we were looking at is in the winter 2009 issue – called Rebellious. http://www.ottobredesign.com/lehdet_js/2009_6/index.html?en

We were thinking a brighter colour though and to encourage what seems my obsession with denim! But I dont have coloured denim in the stash at present.

Speaking of denim! I am just about jumping out of my skin with aggrivation and annoyance over the fact that the brand new pair of denim field trip pants I made Noah a couple of weeks ago have now got a dirty great big hold in the front!!!! I am really really hoping I have enough denim to make another pair and this time will have to put a tage to imdicate the back as he still gets it all mixed up! Its a not happy Jan situation but a very good excuse to make more field trips for both kids.

Re the purple Afterschool pants, Imogen has two pairs in corduory already so will save the purple corduory for somethng else.

I have completed the rainbow After school top which I am totally in love with! I want one for me, what a shame I dont have enough of the print! Next is to finish of the city weekend after school top and then on to cutting out field trip pants. The t shirts will hae to wait!

Oh Robin! if I had a dollar for every time my daughter said that! She is very right to keep it – and hopefully wear it, enjoy it and eventually love it!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Having a look at the line drawing of the suggested duffle coat, I am thinking that would look really good multi coloured. Imogen wants me to use the dress pattern just slightly up from it for the rainbow jersey Lycra we have waiting in the wings – the fabric I had earmarked for the Book report dress.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,191 through 2,205 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.