Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I’m FINALLY back to O+S sewing – I’m so excited to be tracing the school days pattern this morning. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Nicole: Good luck with rams…and the tipsy farmers! LOL

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Your coat looks so snappy Sandi ! Just think, 3 days ago you were drafting it !

Ram Sale went well, but it was sooo cold.

Very busy sewing the twins outfits for their City trip tomorrow . Just having a break while feeding baby, one Ice cream blouse finished, half way through the tunic which is not too bad as I only cut them out last night.

I am sewing the Tunic in charcoal wool , the seams are quite thick, but after trimming ( using Liesl’s tips from the School days coat ) and bashing them with my little hammer, not impossible. Very grown up , I think I will cry …..

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Ih Nicole, don’t cry. We girls grow up, but are always Momma’s baby girls. 🙂

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

I managed to get to a fabulous fabric sale yesterday! $4/m corduroy! I got enough to make an ice cream dress for DD#2, and to make a Sunday Brunch jacket for DD#1. I also got cottons for a skirt and dress for DD#1. On Friday, I made DD#1 a Sunday brunch skirt, and another skirt (not Oliver + S, alas, but still cute.) I intend to cut out some projects today – a School days coat for DD#2, and at least one Sunday Brunch jacket for DD#1 (I haven’t washed the corduroy yet, so it will have to wait.) I’m being crafty today!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ohh, lovely, I love cord ! Little Ones Ice cream dress in corduroy is her most worn item. As for the Sunday Brunch, that pattern was made for cord,it sits so nicely.

Are you making your School Days from cord as well ?

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

No, the School Days is made from a home dec fabric that DD#2 picked out. It’s corded, but not corduroy. And bubble gum pink. I’m going to do a winter version for DD#1, and I want to practise on cheap fabric before I spend however much the wool for the coat is going to cost me. Much better to screw up on the cheap stuff!

I’ve got the coat and the brunch jacket cut out (this one is in a men’s wear plaid.) I don’t know if I’m actually going to get to sew today (DD#2 is SO unbelievably crabby, she probably won’t leave me alone long enough too.) But once stuff is cut out, actually getting it sewn is much more of a possibility!

And I’ve decided to go back and get enough corduroy to make DD#1 a Sunday Brunch jacket. She may not get it until Christmas, but I like a good sale.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Might as well take advantage while the sale is on! A good sale is dangerous though…

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I just finished (at 11 pm) my little one’s back-to-school/daycare outfit (she starts tomorrow), brown sailboat pants and she gets to chose between a sailboat top and a 2+2 blouse.

I have fabric prepped to cut out some more skirts, but I’m thinking of trying the Birthday Party Dress next. I got a nice sky blue baby cord and one lime green with matching cottons to make blouses. But I got so much of the blue matching cotton I think I’ll make a dress of that instead.

Oh, and I *just* had an idea to use some wool I had at home for a Sunday Brunch jacket. The wool is thin and a bit flimsy so it won’t work for the School Days coat which I had hoped – but maybe the Sunday Brunch would be nice in it. Pleated I think – not gathered.

That needs looking into.

But for now I rest.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Finished a fall coat for my girl last night and was able to get pieces for her Jump rope dress cut and marked while she napped this afternoon! Pockets are complete too..those are easy to do on the run while we’re playing throughout the day. Hoping to get a decent start tonight when she is down for the night!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Did you use that gorgeous print?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Have a look at this gorgeous coat Mel made, it’s not O+S, but I will forgive her because it is so seriously adorable !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sayiamyou/4916109508/in/photostream/

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Haha! Thanks Nicole. I admit I felt guilty leaving my O+S behind, if only for a moment! 😉

Not using the floral print on this dress. I have something from my stash for the first go, but I still a print I love so here’s to not making a mess of it! 🙂 I have that Alexander Henry print in a queue. Just waiting for the new patterns now!!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Nary a stitch last night!! The girl was wound so tight we were thisclose to tying her down so she would fall asleep! Sheesh. She must have been feeding off my excitement to get started on my project… 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sometimes that happens !

Just getting Little One off and then I am going to bed, washed and ironed most of the day, so no sewing either!

Hopefully tomorrow , and I really wanted to make some frilly Sailboat pants.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I can’t wait to see the results of your frilly Sailboats. And with the bobbles to boot?! Little One will be very cute indeed!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.