Oliver + S

spring patterns

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

FINALLY got my Roller Skate printout!

Sorry, justsewit, forgot to add my photo to the group, I’ll go do that. It’s only for the dress part, hope to finish the tunic today.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’m trying to upload to Flickr right now, but they tell me they’re too busy. Wow, that must be a lot of Roller Skate dresses! 😉

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It must be the change in the weather that’s giving everyone (including us in oz) a SPRING in the step hahaha!

We’re getting our first day since September that is under 30 degrees YIppee!

A great excuse to cut out more tunics and dresses from these lovely patterns.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m getting the same “too busy” message. It’ll be fun to go through the glut of new photos tomorrow!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I love the Pinwheel SO MUCH. I know everybody’s flipping out over the Roller Skate, but don’t forget to check out the Pinwheel, it’s fantastic!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

All the examples I have seen of the pinwheel are just gorgeous, yours included Sarvi (even though I have only seen the dress part of yours). I love how you can have it separate or together. I plan on lots of tunics as they will be great with jeans and skirts and the layering thing which seems to be the flavour of the month with my daughter (dress sense is finally coming of age).

I have time up my sleeve today to cut a good few out.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am with Sarvi….the PinWheel is gorgeous!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I like all the versions I’ve seen too! If I can make a dent in all the patterns I haven’t even sewn once yet, I will get that one too.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just made up the Pinwheel tunic minus the frill just to try it on miss 10. Where is the top part of the frill supposed to stop? If I could get her to stand still long enough to gauge properly I would but it looks to sit just above the hip. Is this correct or should it be lower? Either way I am think it looks a little short on her but if anyone could chime in with clarification I would be grateful.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Just above the hip sounds good so the peplum flares out over the hip, but if in doubt add length, they always seem go grow, or make this as the first muslin and add length next time if needed. I haven’t made this pattern yet so just general ideas.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I went and added an inch to the bodice patterns just so the tunic and the dress didnt both look like a top! It did seem short but of course I didnt have the frill attached. The dress part would have met half way up the leg with the frill attached and from the pictures I have seen it needs to be a smidge longer. The alterations I have made are good and doesnt send the dress way put fo shape yet give her room and tht was what I am aiming for. From the pictures of the girls wearing their dresses they dont look too baggy but it doesnt pull across the chest either. i couldnt really connect the backs together either as everytime she moved they would fall from my grasp. She was insisting it wasnt tight but it looked tight!

Hopefully I can get her to look through the stash to figure out what she would like me to use – as is our new agreement after a very public exclamation of her desire to buy clothes!

She wants it together but separate which is fine by me and hopefully we can have a dress ready to wear by the Easter break.

I love the way this pattern comes together. It looks tricky but it is so very simple amd I adore bias trimmed sleeves!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I was surprised how much longer it was once the flounce was attached but I am assuming Miss Imo is taller then your average 12 year old so you may need to add length.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I graded the Roller Skate for Isabel and sewed up one in pink/white gingham for her today.

I have one cut out for Sofia but I indulged in some sewing for me using some FFAII Heather Ross I managed to lay my hands on via a kind friend.

I sewed up a Have-It-All wallet and I love it. My back aches a little so I’ll have to put Sofia’s Roller Skate and Pinwheel dresses on hold. Maybe later. Or tomorrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.