Oliver + S

New Fall Patterns 2013!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My Baptism gowns were ankle length, I broke tradition.

I think wee bubby ankles are so sweet, too sweet to cover.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I have just made a christening bubble dress, so I suppose I think that you don’t have to stick with convention! Had the library pattern been available when I planned and started I might have opted for that, I think it would make a beautiful naming day dress. I have such with convention and made it white, in beautiful Japanese cotton eyelet.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

But perhaps the judges in such a show would prefer conventional? Or maybe they don’t. It’s worth considering what does well in that environment.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have decided to leave it at the length the pattern specifies – just to be different. I will make it white silk though because this is a difficult section to really decifer what they actually mean being that the name of the section is “Christening or naming day outfit” and that some babies don’t have white for naming days. So being that some parents don’t do tradition and some do and in previous years my traditional long (complete with bells and whistles) gowns have actually scored best in show for the category, I think it would make a nice change to do a shorter version (I love the idea of lengthening this skirt because it can be unisex) and then the judge could look and think yes a nice idea for a summer christening OR a naming day OR an after the ceremony outfit (as I would term it should I get to use this for real).

I might do a longer version and style it towards a masculine look for next year’s show instead.

Still loving the library dress!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Just looking through fliker and realising again how much I love all 3 new patterns! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.