Oliver + S

New Fall Patterns 2013!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I just knew you’d take to that one, N. BTW, love the expression on T’s face as she’s wrapped in glorious fabric for her new coat!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I too would love to see a picture of the dress for the library inspiration. I think that pattern will become a stash buster! LOL

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I just looked at the pattern covers on FB. You are right, no dolls! How sad. The models are adorable, but the paperdolls were awesome. I am hoping they update the play section with the new clothes. I want to print it on a large sheet of paper with magnetic backing and cut it out so they are magnetic paper dolls.

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

I love that Library dress. How to justify another pattern when I have so many yet to make? I think I need to do a little pattern busting and put this on my wish list. Maybe Santa will bring it.

The play dress looks like a very young style. I will be interested to see how people style it for an older girl.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I’m definitely going to buy the Playtime pattern. The others are lovely, of course, but the Playtime will be so. useful. Reads as very Hanna Andersson to me, and will be great in a knit.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have decided on all three! The trousers I can make for school and even shorten to imitate the school shorts. I love the playtime outfit for just hanging out at home and I can see some mixing around happening with the roller skate pattern so it will be yet another style to take through the seasons. The vest is pure genius – that is a must and the library dress will be made first twice over. I want one in silk!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

For an older girl, I can see the Playtime looking, as somebody mentioned, very Japanese, done in sophisticated neutrals or even a saturated indigo with white or burgundy detailing, maybe?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I want a Libary Dresss for me as well Tamara!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oooh! You have me impersonating Pavlov’s dog with that description Sarvi!

Wouldn’t the library dress be FABULOUS in a lady size Heidi? I wonder if we can convince Liesl to make one for Lisette?

I want to do a library dress with a smocked panel and another with a pintucked panel and then later do an heirloom (lace) one! Lots of ideas. I can see false shirt fronts on the playtime dress too.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I second (third???) an adult library dress!!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I think I will buy all three new patterns, too. The AG, the LD in the bigger sizes, and the Playtime in both sets of sizes. I’m anticipating doing some real stashbusting with the Playtime in wovens, and I think it would be ‘character building’ to give the leggings a go. There you are, sewing as “personal development” – much cheaper than therapy. It also occurred to me that for all those ladies that have mourned the lack of a bubble dress in big sizes, the playtime could be easily adapted to create one – maybe?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh yes too easy needlewoman!

Sharon I have to answer your question you wrote in the blog comments because it was self clarified (if there can be any such thing). If you take a look t the sleeve of S’s playtime tunic you will see the seam is lower down off the shoulder so there is no actual armscye on the pattern. I was under the impression it was an all in one until I discovered this. It will make it easily adaptable for warmer weather where you could omit the lower arm piece (yay) – this is where I was thinking of swapping the bodice for the rollerskate bodice which could still be done but doesnt really need to be in order to achieve the look.

Now to replicate the bubble dress for bigger sizes on the other hand…

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. Friday cannot come fast enough!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Tamara, I love that idea! Lace or eyelet or broderie would be just fabulous for the library dress.

I have to decide what size to get. K is squarely in size 3 but I’m making her some things I 4s to get more wear out of them. Which means that the pattern wouldn’t last me very long at all. But I have one or two things in the stash that would look very nice for her and I haven’t bought her any fall things whatsoever!

The vest is easy at least, the boys are squarely in the large sizes.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Decisions decisions! The larger patterns start from a 5 so you would get a bit of use from it. How do you go with the digital patterns? Maybe download the smaller size and order the larger in the paper so that it is on hand. That way you could cut a 3 and a 4 and not feel the other itty bitty sizes are wasted and then you’d have the paper pattern to go with ready for when she jumps to that range. That’s what I would do anyway.

I’d do it the “hard” way Meleliza…. Lace insertion and lace insertion and maybe a bit of…. Lace insertion hehe! It would make an awesome communion/ confirmation dress or even a christening/ naming day dress.

Oh oh! Abandon ship I have just decided on making three of these. Off to the shop to get the smaller size!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I was already thinking it would make a lovely, modern Communion dress. WIth my oldest in second grade, this is always on my mind!

I’m working with a tight budget at the moment, so I have to consider my purchases carefully. As well as my sewing time. I have lots of projects on!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.