Oliver + S

New Fall Patterns 2013!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My sewing eyes are bigger then my sewing tummy Melanie.

And with Tildy starting school next year (sob) less pretty sewing.

The trousers will be marvellous for the days they do Science and the tunic and leggings would make lovely ‘baby doll’ type night things if one used very flat buttons.

(My children all immediately slept on their tummy’s once I stopped wrapping them and using the sleep wedges)

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Just printed and read the Art Museum instructions, Liesl has taken all the mystery out of the welt pocket! It looks so easy and the vest as well. I am loving the look of the pants too, A combo of my favourite bits from the field trip, side pockets and belt loops, and My favourite bits of the sandbox, basic two piece pants.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh clever to jump ahead to reading the instructions! I can do that now while agonizing over fabric choices.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I’ll be getting the art museum for my son for sure! I struggled the last time I tried welt pockets and am so looking forward to a good lesson. The library dress looks lovely too! I’ll have to adjust for just bodice buttons and a continuous lap. Sitting on buttons drives my six year old bonkers. I’m debating picking up the second sizing in the art museum so I have the pants for my daughter also. I drafted a dress pattern and paired it with legging for a very similar look to the playtime (though not as clever) when my daughter was 3 or 4. She pretty much lived in those outfits during the preschool years. I don’t think I’ll be getting it straight away but it is such a fantastic staple!

My first o+s were the puppet show and tea party years ago. I feel like now they’ve reached such a critical mass that I can’t possibly put them all to use! As an obsessed sewist…certainly a great predicament to find ones self in!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

The welt pocket instructions are amazing! Yes it takes some fiddling but it is so worth it!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

You all are killing me here. I can’t quite justify them yet and I want want want them. Sigh.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Get them get them get them! Need I say more Cybele.

I have decided to print out the library dress in both sizes this afternoon (after sewing orange flowers) and stick the pattern pieces together. Off to town to buy sticky tap – and vote!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I have this most amazing heavier rough linen. I am afraid it will be too rough on her skin, but oh so amazing for the library dress. I need to find a nice silky cotton to line it with. Maybe that will give it enough weight for winter as we are approaching a new season. It feels too heavy for summer.

http://www.evfabrics.com/shop.html#!/~/product/category=191160&id=9248600

This is my fabric that I am saving for something special. Just don’t know if library dress is it. Everytime I think I can cut into it, I think it might be too dear. LOL

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Try this link to see the fabric….

http://tllg.net/tncG

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh that is really pretty fabric! A lining will be easy to do. I say go for it!

I am printing the larger sizes as we speak – in between mouthfuls of lunch and typing ( that’s multitasking for you).

LINK
    homefire @homefire

I must say this is the first time I have bought the entire collection in one fell swoop (along with my entire sewing budget for the month)! I purchased the digital Playtime for some instant gratification and got the dress done yesterday. I have a pile of knits waiting to become leggings so I’m hoping to at least get them cut today. My other patterns are “out for delivery” and with DH at the fire station for the next 24 hours I think I’ll do a late night and get them traced.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I think I’m diving in and buying the small size. After all, I need to do some detaching the patterns will help. Also, I haven’t made her any fall clothes yet and our weather has been much cooler than usual.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Good choice Meleliza. She still fits those sizes so you will get some use out of them. It will help.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Museum and Library. Now to look at the stash!! 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ok, I have the smallest size of the library dress laid out on some light pink silk dupion ready to make a dress to go in the baby childrenswear section of the royal show. I am also planning to make one as a gown for the christening gown/ naming day outfit section. But I do need to throw this question out there because I simply don’t know (because my children were christened with a traditional long gown) what would you consider as a naming day outfit? Would you do the long gown thing for a baby fitting the 6-12 month size? I need to know if I should lengthen it to gown length or not. This one I have decided will have a lace panel and if I can wing it, lace sleeves and collar too and it might be voile instead of silk but I am still deciding.

Any views on how long to make it in order for it to fall into the naming day outfit box?

Loving the library dress.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.