Oliver + S

New here? Introduce yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 377 total)
  • LINK
    SewSoSlow @SewSoSlow

New to the forum – not new to sewing. I made my first dress at the age of 7 – almost 50 years ago now. My mother taught me and the two of us spent many enjoyable weekends and hours of sewing together. When she passed, I was given the sewing machine I learned on – Singer Sew & Touch – a true workhorse of a machine.

I absolutely love the new Cinema dress pattern – I’m just a heftier gal than that pattern goes to. I’ve never purchased a digital pattern before. My concern is just how hard will it be to size that pattern from a 20 to a 26/28 and a DD cup size? Is this too much of a jump for the pattern to accommodate? I’ve never sized up that many sizes before – maybe 2 sizes and cup sizes at a time.

PS – yes I did come by my name honestly. One year my husband and boys all received a box each filled with fabric, thread, and buttons with a note that “This is a Will-be Shirt”. I’m still teased about Willbe Shirts.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have not welcomed you as to leave your post open to traffic, but I have been waving!

Welcome!

I can’t help you with your query, I am sorry, however I hope you will enjoy being part of the forum.

https://oliverands.com/forums/forum.php?id=65, perhaps try posting in these threads for advice?

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

Welcome SoSewSlow! I bet you still sew faster than me. I think I hold the record and I sew most every day. I have been working on the same skirt for the last two days. Brother!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I still have size 4 clothes cut out and my kid’s in size 5, welcome to club slow!

LINK
    honeymadeit @honeymadeit

So glad I’m not alone.

LINK
    SewSoSlow @SewSoSlow

Thank you. Not sure what you mean by “waving”, but I appreciate the link to try and find out an answer to my question.

Thanks again.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Waving ‘hello’ 🙂

LINK
    schor @schor

Hello, i am schor. I have been sewing for about 5 years. I took one sewing course to make a pencil skirt, but I was not motivated and didn’t even finish it 🙂 . For the most part, I am a self-taught sewer.

For a long time, I was sewing only clothing for myself and costumes for my nieces, but now that I have a 20 month old daughter, I have been sewing only for her and our friend’s kids for birthdays, mostly playthings, pillows, and quilts. I have made several items from the Oliver + S book and I love everything I’ve made. I always make at least 2 of everything. So far, I’ve made the doll carrier (one which I gave to a friend’s daughter who loved it), four of the bucket hats, and 3 of the cozy hoods (one bear, one cat, and one bunny). I will be making more items from the book – on my list is the art smock, the red riding hood cape, and the tutu.

So happy to be here! Can’t wait to share advice with everyone!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Welcome aboard!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Schor, it great to ‘meet’ you.

The Little Things To Sew book (LTTS) is gorgeous, isn’t it? I gave a copy to my cousin whom wanted a sewing refresher. It was just the job.

Enjoy sewing for your daughter and please post anything you make in the Flickr group, if you like!

https://www.flickr.com/groups/oliverands/

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Snap Sarvi!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Hi Schor!

I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying the Little Things To Sew book. There’s another Flickr group specifically for those projects, so if you use Flickr then add your pictures here too: https://www.flickr.com/groups/little_things_to_sew/

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

*snap*!

LINK
    schor @schor

Thank you for the link! I was hoping to find somewhere to post pictures. Now I just need to take some good ones 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hello and welcome Schor. You’ve made more of a head start on the Ltts book items than I have. I think I need to get a move on and there is just simply no excuse!

Daughters are great to sew for not to mention sons. It is the best thing since sliced breas to be able to sew anything at all in my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.