Oliver + S

New here? Introduce yourself!

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 377 total)
  • LINK
    papaececi @papaececi

Hi! I’m a mom to three little girls and I have been sewing a bit here and there for awhile now but I still feel like a beginner. I’ve made several simple skirts for my girls, but I have only attempted clothing patterns a couple of times. I am now working on the fairytale dress and I love this line of patterns. So much more explanation and clarity than other patterns and I do feel like I am learning much more as I go along.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome to you.

Wow, straight into the Fairy Tale! If you make that you can make anything.

If you are a beginner and would like a peep at some visual tutes I have a few here http://www.pinterest.com/fiveandcounting/five-and-counting/ just a bit of fun but they may be of interest to you.

I can’t wait to see your Fairy Tale dress, just in time for the Holiday Season, clever you!

~Nicole~

LINK
    Inder @Inder

Hi, I know many of you from Flickr and through your blogs! Thought I’d finally get myself a username for the forums, as I am working on several new o+s patterns! 🙂 I recently bought the Art Museum Trousers (made them, love them), Apple-Picking Dress, Playdate Dress, Playtime Tunic and Dress … eeeek! I gotta get sewing!

– Inder

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Welcome Inder. This is an amazing group of really supportive sewists. I feel lucky to have so many helpful allies in my sewing journey. I hope you have the same experience.

Jenny

LINK
    Kirstylilian @Kirstylilian

Hi everyone, I’m Kirsty. I’ve been sewing all my life off and on, but last year my lovely hubby brought me a new sewing machine and an occasional hobby became an obsession! I have a little girl who is 4 and have made several O+S clothes for her and as gifts at birthday’s etc! We live in Northamptonshire UK. I’ve been using the Flickr group for some time now and am branching out into the forum!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Kirsty.

I am so glad you have introduced yourself.

We have a lot of fun on his forum and we all love to help.

~Nicole~

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Welcome to the forum Kristy! And well done to your husband getting you a new sewing machine! 🙂

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

welcome here Kirsty!

LINK
    beanniequilts @beanniequilts

Hi – I’m Christine. I’ve been sewing with Oliver and S patterns for about a year and just started using these forums. Why did I take so long? I recognize a lot of people from Flickr and their blogs but thought I’d still say “hi” here. I sew for my 2 1/2 year old girl and my 4 year old boy. I love sewing (especially with Oliver + S patterns) and I love being a part of the online community and getting to know other people who sew. Connecting with others who sew is as much fun as sewing in my opinion. Thanks for all your help!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Hello Christine! I have enjoyed your creations in the flicker group! Welcome here. : )

~Sharon~

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Christine, I am so happy you have joined us.

I have made some many lovely friends from all over the world through this forum.

~Nicole~

PS Sharon, love your ~squiggles~

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Hello to all. After sewing with Oliver and S patterns, reading this forum, and posting on Flickr for a couple of years I think it is time that I introduced myself. My name is Marlene. I live on Gabriola Island, a small island off Vancouver Island in beautiful BC. I’m a retired nurse, grandmother to Nella who is 4 years old and my inspiration for sewing – along with all of you . I’ve sewed all my life, beginning with Home Ec at school and then sewing for myself and my children. I learned English smocking when my daughter was born, taught it later and made many, many dresses and other projects. I was introduced to Oliver and S patterns by a fellow islander, Wendy, and have been a major fan of the patterns since I tried the first one – so well designed with such impeccable directions. I’m particularly fortunate that Nella ‘prefers’ dresses. Even so, I make more than she can wear so end up sewing for my friends’ grandchildren as well. If I could only stop buying more fabric!.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Welcome Marlene.

Lucky lucky Nella to have a nana who spoils her with home made dresses.

If you work out how to resist buying material, do let me know…..

~Nicole~

LINK
    Hinjul5 @Hinjul5

Hi there…I’m Julie. I’ve been lurking around this forum and blog for a while now, and thought it was time I introduced myself. I live in Townsville, in the north of Australia. I’m a mum of 2, a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old girl, and also work part-time as a chartered accountant. Thanks to a very crafty mum, I was introduced to sewing, knitting,crochet, cross stitch when I was little, but just don’t have enough time these days to finish all the projects I’d like to get done. I found Oliver + S patterns after my daughter was born, and now sewing has taken the top spot on my craft list. I’ve learnt so much through sewing these wonderful patterns, and thankfully both my kids are happy to wear the results…for now!! I’ve also found this forum, blog and flickr group invaluable. Most of my friends and work colleagues don’t craft, so the forum, blog and flickr group have provided a great place for me to share completed projects, and not feel so odd for wanting to make my kids clothes, rather than go shopping for all their clothes.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Welcome Julie! Hope that the heats not keeping you from sewing at the moment 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.