Oliver + S

Hey, what's wrong here?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

Fixed my profile picture! Tho it was right side up on my iPhone, it kept loading sideways when I tried uploading it here. Weird. When I emailed it to myself and opened it up on the laptop, it uploaded right side up here in the forums. I’ve no idea why, but at least it’s oriented correctly now!

LINK
    admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

@vothgirl: Some photo editing things don’t actually change the pixel grid in a photo, they just set some metadata on the file that tells other things to render the pixels in a certain orientation… Not every program or script out there respects this orientation change, so it can end up weird. By emailing it to yourself, you probably sent a smaller size and the pixel grid got re-rendered in a new file.

@motherof5
    : We’re aware of the performance issues. Todd and I have been working on debugging some of the bigger ones. The new forums make our server work a little harder, and we’re working on adding more resources to help that out. There are lots of little things that we’re hoping will slowly (ha!) make it faster.

@KarenK
    & @Robin: I’m aware of the phone issue and a fix is in the works in the next several days.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@admin, I am sorry, you are doing a lovely job.

LINK
    Mel @Mel

sorry about the late response but yes, Todd, I’m getting the new posts on bloglovin via the old address. thanks!

LINK
    admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

@motherof5: No need to be sorry: It’s something we’re going to fix. As a Minnesotan, I appreciate your appology for something that’s not your fault. 😀

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thank you all for your feedback! And thank you Admin and Todd for all your hard work getting the little bugs worked out. I know this is going to be great!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hey, I’m a Keymaster?!? What the heck is that?!?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@admin, you can tell I have been hanging out with a Canadian. 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Don’t you remember the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper from Ghostbusters?

LINK
    admin
    Keymaster
    @admin

Two issues have been fixed:

• Phone sized layouts cutting off on the right side
    LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Thank you @admin!

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Oh! Could thhe moderators be the Gatekeepers then? 😉

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Our trusty friend @admin pushed out a bunch of changes today to address most, if not all, of the items mentioned here so far.

If you do encounter any additional issues, please continue to post them in this thread.

In the meantime, there is more to look forward to. Next we’ll doing some boring behind-the-scenes work to optimize the new forums to improve page load times for those of you located around the world. And once that is done we’ll be adding a new major piece of functionality which everyone here should enjoy. Stay tuned.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

The view in my phone is wonderful!

I was picturing the Keymaster from “Say Anything”, that 80s movie.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I’ve noticed something odd over the last few days – my own iPad loads the most up to date discussion page, but both my phone (iPhone 4S) and my husband’s work iPad load a page that is a few hours old – for example, right now on this thread, the last post from Karen was 4hrs and 10mins ago, whereas my phone is showing the same post as being 2hrs 37mins ago.

I have closed all windows and have refreshed the page numerous times, but it still doesn’t show the latest page. Has anyone else noticed this, or are my devices just weird? (Despite living in a major city, I often lament the misbehavior of all things Internet)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.