Oliver + S

Dodgy? very familiar clothes

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

You know, I was feeling kind of bad there. What if I googled ‘pleated pinny’ and a million dresses came up that looked exactly like the Birthday Party dress? So I tried that, and ‘pleated dress’, ‘child’s pleated dress’, ‘three pleats’, ‘center pleats’, and a few more combinations. Couldn’t turn up anything with those pleats! Finally I tried ‘center pleat dress’ — and found the Playdate. I don’t ordinarily go in for internetisms, but LOL.

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Well, Ozpatternmaker, it is very unfortunate that feelings have been hurt, but those 3 styles sold out in the 2 days since this thread started? Color me skeptical. You may be a fantastic patternmaker, and what you are saying about your client could very well be completely true. But that’s just too much of a coincidence. I still see many of the same styles on the site that I saw 2 days ago. I would like to be proven wrong, but this answer just doesn’t do it for me. I still stand behind everything I’ve said here.

LINK
    ozpatternmaker @ozpatternmaker

To sewinginthecity, maybe you should buy the dress and check and see if it matches up with the O&S pattern, and every other design, there’s your proof that it not the same design. Why would I bother defending my client and wasting my precious time writing all of this up if it weren’t true? She has a pattern maker, why would she need a pattern maker if she was buying the patterns from this website?? To be accused of copying designs when she has paid a lot of money to get patterns made and graded, is really an insult.

Thats all I have to say, good bye.

LINK

Sorry, everybody. This has reached the point of ridiculousness. Ozpatternmaker, I can’t buy the dress or any other item in question because you said they are all sold out.

Paying a patternmaker only means you don’t know how to make patterns yourselfl. It doesn’t prove you didn’t copy a design. Nonetheless, I have been thinking about this, (while I should be doing other work,) and I sincerely apologize if I’ve insulted you. Maybe Liesl and your designer saw the exact same vintage pictures and were inspired to make the exact same clothes. Now, every size and every color of the items in question have sold out. There are a lot of coincidences happening here, and it’s hard to not feel skeptical. I suppose crazier things have happened.

LINK
    ozpatternmaker @ozpatternmaker

Apology accepted.

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

Yes, this is ridiculous. all of these coincidences are making my head hurt.

A few points:

* Ozpatternmaker: according to the Little Chillies website the use of a patternmaker is a recent thing, and up until now they ‘have handcrafted very small quantities (a few items of this and that) and enjoyed making garments with a variety of beautiful quilting fabrics’.

* It’s a huge coincidence that the only items on the Little Chillies website that have sold out are the ones being questioned in this blog (I have screen caps of the website from Saturday – nothing else has ‘sold out’).

I get that there are going to be similarities in childrens’ clothing, of course. But in this instance not only were the distinguishing features the same, but the lines and proportions of the clothing *appeared* identical.

So, I suppose it is possible for the ‘French Frill shorts’ to have the same pockets as the puppet show shorts. And I suppose it’s possible that the construction is the same (ie, no side seams etc). However it would be beyond a coincidence if two patternmakers who have no association with one another to design two identical garments, with the exact same proportions and measurements on the pattern pieces.

Ozpatternmaker I really hope I am wrong. I genuinely do.

So, regarding your challenge to ‘purchase one of her creations, and see for yourself if it is a knock-off of O&S designs’, consider it done!

I have just purchased a pair of ‘French Frill’ shorts by Little Chillies from another online store: http://www.angelfishdragonfly.com.au/skirts/709-little-chillies-french-flower-shorts.html. I look forward to comparing them to my puppet show pattern. Hell, I’m even happy to deconstruct them to compare.

And finally, Grandmasewing, I do not understand this comment from you: ‘It seems to me, that there is a grudge being held in the forum or maybe overseas. In this day and age, and what we have all been through as a country ,that is sad.’

Can you explain? You give the impression you are based in Florida but your use of the word ‘mums’ instead of ‘moms’ had me thinking you’re an ex-pat (from Australia perhaps??). I don’t understand your comment or the insinuation behind it.

Anyway folks, this is all terribly messy. I look forward to receiving my French frill shorts and putting the matter to bed one way or another.

LINK

Oz, I’m glad you’ve accepted my apology. For better or worse, I don’t think Anna Wintour was reading this, so we can all rest assured that no one’s career has been ruined. May we all make and sell heaps of clothing and patterns.

LINK

Oh, just read the post from Claireabel. Okay, the challenge is on. To be continued…

LINK
    Anonymous @

Anna Wintour – LOL

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Who is Anna Wintour?

LINK
    cherry @cherry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wintour

The terrifying editor-in-chief of Vogue. Her bob haircut is always perfect…

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Wintour – I didn’t know the movie, The Devil Wears Prada, was widely believed to be based on Anna Wintour, or that the character Meryl Streep played was of a real person – interesting indeed! Nicole, if you have not seen the movie yet, it’s a great entertaining film on the dramas of high fashion.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh, of course, showing my ignorance! I always thought her name was ”Winter”!

I saw that movie for the first time a few weeks back and really enjoyed it!

Especially the moral issue , it was very well done!

Thanks Cherry and April, xn

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

Didn’t expect to update so soon.

Despite this other website having the shorts in stock this afternoon, I have just received an email telling me that their site hasn’t been updated and these shorts are no longer available.

Another crazy coincidence? Or more backpedalling.

Ozpatternmaker, the ball is in your court.

LINK
    cherry @cherry

Hmmmm, this is getting strange!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.