Oliver + S

Dodgy? very familiar clothes

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Meh, you say strange, I say funny. I had to be in the office way too early for a company meeting. Thanks for the giggles this morning. Perhaps I’m just punchy and shouldn’t be laughing?

(strange indeed, Cherry.)

LINK
    janimal @janimal

Add me to the list of skeptics. Two designers coming up with almost identical designs? Could be a coincidence. Two designers coming up with multiple identical designs, then all the alleged copies disappearing from the marketplace? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmm.

It was cool of you, ClaireAbel, to try and order a garment to deconstruct and compare.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Maraya, I’m with you. The underlying matter is pretty uncool, but the conversation here has begun to strike me as comedic.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I always step into this type of internet banter gingerly but…. I can’t help but point out that I saw all the items in question among their 50+ photos on their Facebook page last night. This morning there are only 12 images, only 4 of them show actual product.

Truth doesn’t react in fear. That’s all I’m going to say.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

Oops, now you have to send a friend request to view anything on their page. That’s new in the last 25 minutes. Wow.

LINK
    isewstuff @isewstuff

Wasn’t going to comment. Yet here I am.

Their faqs page says they will do custom items. I’m wondering if the “sold out” items are still available for custom order? I mean, if they went to the trouble and expense of having a pattern graded, you’d think those items would still be available? Looks like there are a few people right here in the forums who would be interested 😉

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

I’m bummed Claireabel wasn’t able to get a pair of the shorts. I was looking forward to it, I admit! It is all still very suspicious (very interesting, KarenK). Because I don’t think we’ll ever get to the bottom of things (no pun intended), I was trying to lighten things up, so I’d like to think that it worked. Yes, kudos to Claireabel.

Oz, if you are still here, 1) you gotta admit it’s a little kooky that you are challenging me to buy an item when you just finished telling me they are sold out. 2)Are you saying you actually made and graded the patterns for the items in question yourself, or that you are the current patternmaker? In your posts, you never actually said you made those specific patterns.

I’m going to go read some other topics now, to see if I can get myself obsessed with something else.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Isn’t funny SITC how easily it is to get attached and obsessed with something? Especially is you feel particularly partial to it.

I personally think you’ve been a hoot and I applaud you for standing up for something you believe in.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Yes, since it appears that the right thing has now been done, it’s probably best if we all move on and begin obsessing over other topics now. (Christmas is coming, right? I know I have no idea what I’m getting several people. I need to start obsessing on that, and soon.)

Liesl and I are both very grateful for all your support. I can’t think of many other companies whose customers care enough about their products and their brand that they would rally so strongly around an issue like this.

Thank you, all. We truly appreciate your loyalty and support.

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.