Oliver + S

2013 sewing plans

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • LINK
    rastis @rastis

So what’s on your agenda for sewing in 2013? Any big plans?

I’m determined to work my way through more of my sewing patterns this coming year- especially the small sizes my little girl is about to outgrow!! also i want to get a couple more quilts done! We need a new quilt for our bed as the one we have is falling apart beyond repair…

I’d love to hear what you are planning!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I would love to make all five kiddos thier own quilt. The four older ones have made requests. I am wanting to try to make “copies” of al the wonderful clothes I have seen and marked for my kids, to try some new things. And maybe to sew some for myself too! This last one would be great!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Definitely selfish sewing for me. I have lost most of my baby weight but my body has changed so much I do need new things.

I am making a Portfolio tunic at present.

Hugo need shirts,shorts and trousers. Unfortunately,none of those will be oliver+s

Liesl,a Lisette for Men?

Jed needs a new shirt.

The Twins could do with some separates,neat tops and skirts/leggings/shorts. I am keen to see next seasons patterns. As they get older they are less keen on ‘dressy’ except for formal occasions. They still fit nicely in the size 12.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

More sewing in general! This year I didn’t get to do half as much as I would have liked.

I have to complete the quilts for the children and I have fabric for one for our bed. This will probably be a dragged out thing of working on them once or twice a week when the quilting stage is very very time consuming.

The list is posivitely endless in terms of clothing. The children need everything from separates to pretty/ swish going out gear. AND uniforms of which I am determined to get around this particular obstacle.

I don’t really sew for my husband but would like to add that to the list. It would be nice to update his wardrobe.

Selfish sewing is a possiblity yet I keep putting it off. All those Lisette patterns in my pattern box imploring me to use them! I’m last on the list!

Depending what the plans are and when they are set in concrete I may get to do sewing for the home – curtains, valances etc. Lots and Lots of home decorating if the rumours are true.

Upsizing the patterns a smidge to accommodate for a growing girl. They fit alright for now but are starting to get snug here and there so a few alterations are starting to be required. She’s fitting into the size 12’s.

I would love love love to do some baby sewing – either for me or for others. That would be so much fun!

Actually sitting down with my two kiddos and getting them to sew something would be ideal for 2013. I kept saying I would this year however, 2012 came with a huge time challenge so 2013 will be the year for sitting down and sewing with the children.

More gift sewing. And possibly costume sewing (although I have had enough of that for a while). And a bit of hand embroidery type sewing thrown in also.

Yes Liesl, a men’s collection would be fabulous!

Tamara

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

No big plans as such for 2013 – would be thrilled if I keep going as I did this year – think I managed to keep my sewing fairly balanced (although the boys didn’t do so well). I’m working my way through all my unused patterns fairly steadily, and did lots of sewing for myself.

I would love to finally make the LTTS messenger bags that have been on my list for over a year, and a doona/quilt cover for our bed.

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

I have a personal goal of sewing 2 garments each month. I would love to say I could finish 1 each week, but I believe that is unrealistic for me. I also know there will be at least 2 quilts and lots of dollie clothes thrown into the mix.

I want to sew for my dd10, my boys who are almost 7 and 9, and for myself! The last time I sewed for myself was a pair of maternity pants over 10 years ago that came apart at the seams in the wash! 🙁 Here’s hoping I’ve learned a few things since then!

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Two a month sounds like a good goal. My goal is to sew most or all of my half dozen new o+s patterns. I loved the buying, but now it is time to get sewing.

First step: sewing winter stuff while it is still winter. Flannel pjs and a pair of denim pants.

LINK
    sosew @sosew

to get some good use out of my new machine (my first fancy machine, a bernina 380, i cant get over how different it is to sew on vs the cheap-os ive used for 20 years), including taking advantage of the free lessons the shop offers to master some of the techniques I’ve never been able to teach myself (stitch in the ditch, some others I will think of).

as for what, I’d like to make two of the peacoats in wool for my twins out of a old jacket of their dad’s, have to see if I can get enough fabric out of it. Otherwise no plans yet

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Maggie I completely understand! It is summer here and have I done the summer sewing? Nope! Trundling along at snails pace. So I agree. Starting the next season’s sewing before the season starts would be another thing on the list.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Ooohhh, I just want to make pretty things. I can’t imagine I’ll plan them. They probably won’t be seasonally appropriate or practical in almost any way.

I should endeavour to use up some of my ever growing fabric stash and make more things than I purchase new bits of fabric. There’s a plan.

I have an idea that I will eventually make everything in the Little Things To Sew book (has anyone done this yet, the whole lot?). It probably won’t happen within the year though…. (so far I’ve done Bucket Hats, Bear Carriers, Bento Box Carrier, Puppet Theatre, Messenger Bags and the No Tie Scarf)

LINK

I second the sew pretty things!!

LINK
    Deb @Mynorth

I’m determined to work my way through the O+S patterns I haven’t used yet. I have them all. Plus make more items from LTTS book.

‘Pretty things’ is top of mind too and so is using up stash which so far has been a losing battle.

Looking forward to everyone’s 2013 projects!

~Deb~

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I already have fabric for an Easter dress, so that’s on the list. I also picked up some pretty lavender wool suiting fabric that I think will make a nice spring jacket (probably the Secret Agent Trench).

I mostly sew by the seat of my pants. If I find fabric that inspires me or if there is a current need for something.

I am looking forward to sewing a pre-school wardrobe for the little one for fall. She’ll need a back pack and probably an art smock an of course some cute new dresses.

Jane

http://www.NotSewPlain.blogspot.com

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

An advent calendar! Which I had apparently better start in January. And I’d like to ‘bust’ one unused pattern per month.

LINK

Sounds like fun Sarvi!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.