digital varzim overalls sewing pattern
If you think joggers are comfy and versatile, wait till you put on the Varzim Overalls! The Varzim is easily adjustable thanks to the waist drawstring and shoulder straps. If you are a pocket lover, you are in luck. The Varzim has tons of optional pockets so you can carry everything you want.
Itch to Stitch Digital Patterns
This style is provided as a digital pattern. It may be printed on home printers that use either 8 1/2" x 11" or A4 paper or at a print shop that can print A0-sized pattern sheets. When you complete your order, you will be provided with a unique code to instantly download the pattern. See our digital product policy for full details.
All Itch to Stitch patterns come as multiple PDF files consolidated within a single .zip file. Download and save the .zip file to a computer to access the PDF files. Downloading .zip files to mobile devices is not recommended as most phones and tablets cannot open them.
If you think joggers are comfy and versatile, wait till you put on the Varzim Overalls! The Varzim is easily adjustable thanks to the waist drawstring and shoulder straps. If you are a pocket lover, you are in luck. The Varzim has tons of optional pockets so you can carry all the stuff you need. The Varzim is designed for low-stretch sweatshirting material, but stretch woven is also a good substitute.
Varzim Overalls features:
- Tapered legs with cuffs
- Waist drawstring
- Front and back bibs with shoulder straps
- Optional patch pockets on top front, front, back and side leg (with buttoned flap)
- Designed for low-stretch knit or stretch woven fabric
Sizes: 00 – 40
Primary Fabric: Use medium-weight, four-way stretch knit fabric with 10-15% horizontal and vertical stretch, such as sweatshirt fleece with elastane and ponte. Stretch woven fabric with similar stretch is also acceptable.
Interfacing: Use lightweight knit or weft-insertion fusible interfacing.
- 3.5 yards (3 meters) of 3/8” (1 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape (or cut your own using lightweight woven fusible interfacing on the straight grain)
- Two (2) overall buckles with two (2) corresponding rectangle buckle sliders for 1 1/2” (3.8 cm) strap
- Two (2) 5/8” (1.6 cm) no-sew jean buttons
- Two (2) 3/8” (1 cm) (inside diameter) grommets/eyelets with the corresponding tool for installation
- A piece of 1/4” ( 6 mm)-wide drawstring cord as long as your waist, plus 20” (50 cm)
- One (1) piece of 1 3/4” x 2″ (4.4 x 5 cm) lightweight knit or weft insertion fusible interfacing
- A 1/2” (1.25 cm) snap button for each side leg pocket with flap (you can choose to make one, two or no side leg pocket)
- Two (2) cord ends for the drawstring
Size Chart, Finished Measurements, and Fabric Requirements
Click to enlarge the final images at above right.
Choosing Your Size
- Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size.
- Because this pattern is pull-on style pants, do not use a smaller size at the waist, or you might not be able to pull the pants up past your hip.
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the garment. The instructions for lengthening or shortening are included in the pattern.
- It is highly recommended that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabric that has similar weight as your final garment fabric.
Be the first to review this item.