digital samara pants sewing pattern
These wide-leg, breezy pants offer you ultra comfort with an understated elegant look. The Samara Pants are high-waisted and provide an elongated effect. The side invisible zipper is discrete, so it does not interrupt the overall clean look. Though the Samara is designed to be long with a maxi skirt feel, you are welcome to hem them at floor length, ankle length, three-quarter length, knee length, or any length you wish.
Itch to Stitch Digital Patterns
This style is provided as a digital pattern. It may be printed on home printers that use either 8 1/2" x 11" or A4 paper or at a print shop that can print A0-sized pattern sheets. When you complete your order, you will be provided with a unique code to instantly download the pattern. See our digital product policy for full details.
All Itch to Stitch patterns come as multiple PDF files consolidated within a single .zip file. Download and save the .zip file to a computer to access the PDF files. Downloading .zip files to mobile devices is not recommended as most phones and tablets cannot open them.
The Samara Pants are not just on trend, these wide-leg, breezy pants also offer you ultra comfort with an understated elegant look. The Samara Pants are high-waisted and provide an elongated effect. The side invisible zipper is discrete, so it does not interrupt the overall clean look. Though the Samara is designed to be long with a maxi skirt feel, you are welcome to hem them at floor length, ankle length, three-quarter length, knee length, or any length you wish.
Samara Pants features:
- Wide legs that flare from hip down
- Straight waistband sits on narrowest part of waist
- Back waist darts for shaping
- Side invisible zipper closure
- Layers feature—print only the sizes you need
Sizes: 00 – 20
Primary Fabric: Use lightweight, opaque woven fabric with good drape. Rayon challis, rayon twill, crepe, Tencel twill and charmeuse are great choices. Interfacing: Use lightweight to medium weight fusible woven or weft insertion interfacing.
- One 8" (20 cm) or longer invisible zipper (longer zipper will be easier to install)
- 16" (40 cm) of 1/2" (1.25 cm)-wide straight fusible stay tape (or cut your own using light-weight woven fusible interfacing on the straight grain)
- One set of size 1 hook and eye
Size Chart and Fabric Requirements
Click to enlarge the final images at above right.
Choosing your Size
- Compare your waist circumference (narrowest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that best fits your waist. If you are between sizes, choose the smaller size if you like your garment more fitted; otherwise, choose the bigger size. Be sure to measure the narrowest part of your waist; these pants sit high at the narrowest part of your waist.
- Compare your hip circumference (widest part) to the “Body Measurements” table. Choose the size that fits your hip best. If you are in between sizes, choose the smaller size.
- It’s OK to use different sizes for the waist and hip. See “Blend Sizes” in instructions for details.
- If you are taller or shorter than 5’6” (168 cm), you should consider lengthening or shortening the pants (see instructions for details).
- It is highly recommended that you check your fit by making a test garment with inexpensive fabric that has similar weight as your final garment fabric.
Be the first to review this item.