change your mind slipcover bag sewing pattern
We're women. And everyone knows that it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind when the mood strikes, right? That's why you'll love this stylish bag. Instantly alter its appearance to match every one of your moods—-and anything in your closet-—by choosing one of two different slipcover designs that can be sewn in a kaleidoscope of colors and prints.
What You'll Need
44/45"-wide light- to medium-weight woven fabrics such as quilting cotton, broadcloth, poplin, chambray, and linen:
- 7⁄8 yd fabric A (View 1 bag exterior and strap)
- 7⁄8 yd fabric B (View 1 bag lining)
- 5⁄8 yd fabric C (View 2 slipcover exterior)
- 5⁄8 yd fabric D (Views 2 and 3 slipcover lining)
- 1 fat quarter or 14" l x 20" w rectangle of fabric E (View 3 slipcover piece A)
- 3⁄8 yd fabric F (View 3 slipcover piece B)
- 3⁄8 yd fabric G (View 3 slipcover piece C)
20"-wide extra firm sew-in or fusible interfacing:
- View 1: 1 1/2 yds
- Views 2 and 3: 1 1/4 yds
7" zipper (View 1 bag inside pocket)
Six 1/2" buttons (View 1 bag)
11 1/2" w x 10 1/2" h (with straps, 22" h) x 5" d
Be the first to review this item.
- The first printing of this pattern listed the finished measurements of the bag incorrectly. They should read: 11 1/2" w x 10 1/2" h (with straps, 22" h) x 5" d.
A selection of your photos from the Straight Stitch Society Flickr group.