juliamom2009
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Custom tags in the forum off topic 11 years ago
I’ve looked into this before, and for the small quantities I wanted, it was a bit more than I wanted to spend to get woven labels. There are lots of great option on Etsy for small batches of printed labels, but in the end I just had my daughter’s name printed a bunch of times onto a fat quarter from Spoonflower, and I cut them out as needed.
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Fabric choices in the forum oliver + s: lullaby 11 years ago
I think for a winter baby the pinwale cord might be fine — the pants haven’t got elastic at the ankle. If you’re one of our Southern Hemisphere friends and having a summery December, then yes, perhaps just the jacket in pinwale.
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Printing major problems in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
So annoying when that happens! Glad it got resolved!
-
Tamara replied to the topic Custom tags in the forum off topic 11 years ago
@enbee are you in Australia or overseas? I found a place the otherday as I am looking to change mine (they aren’t fabric) and I found a place called labelsandribbon.com.au. They look rather good.
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Facebook Fanning! 🙂 in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
I’m in!
I don’t use Facebook very much ( I hate that it keeps trying to work out who I am and where I live) but I’m always happy to see what people are making with these lovely patterns -
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
And as an extreme face warmer…
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
And as an extreme face warmer…
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
That’s a very clever idea @kerrilyn !
This is how it looks as an oversized hairband: -
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
That’s a very clever idea @kerrilyn !
This is how it looks as an oversized hairband: -
Sarvi replied to the topic Fit on Music Class Blouse in the forum oliver + s: music class 11 years ago
I agree with Nicole, it’s not too slim and not too roomy. Enough ease to be comfortable without looking baggy.
-
Sarvi replied to the topic Fit on Music Class Blouse in the forum oliver + s: music class 11 years ago
I agree with Nicole, it’s not too slim and not too room. Enough ease to be comfortable without looking baggy.
-
Nicole replied to the topic Fit on Music Class Blouse in the forum oliver + s: music class 11 years ago
I find this a good fit, not sloppy, for the size chart given. It is my skinny, broad shouldered 11 year old’s shirt de jour.
I do add some length, maybe 3 inches? You can always shorten it.
Hope that helps.
~Nicole~ -
Sarvi replied to the topic No numbers in copyright box in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
Hi Judith, I haven’t got my copy handy, but could you snap a pic of yours so I can see what you’re seeing? Maybe it’s in a different spot than usual?
-
Tamara replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Sounds extremely exotic! I actually might make some for our speedy trip south in a couple of weeks – even though it was only 14 degrees here today it is much colder south so they may be handy.
I will pay some attention to a shorts pattern tomorrow in order to make six pairs for this camp!
Today was perfect sewing weather – 47mm and still raining woohoo!
-
Tamara replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Sounds extremely exotic! I actually might make some for our speedy trip south in a couple of weeks – even though it was only 14 degrees here today it is much colder south so they may be handy.
I will pay some attention to a shorts pattern tomorrow in order to make six pairs for this camp!
Today was perfect sewing weather – 47mm and still raining woohoo!
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Thanks Tamara. I had worked it out and the second one took barely 5 mins. The third one my daughter made and wore all day like a giant hairband. Bit like those beautiful African village women wear, only it was light blue velour leftovers, so she looked like an African Elsa!
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Thanks Tamara. I had worked it out and the second one took barely 5 mins. The third one my daughter made and wore all day like a giant hairband. Bit like those beautiful African village women wear, only it was light blue velour leftovers, so she looked like an African Elsa!
-
Tamara replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Ha! I googled snood tutorials for you @lightningmcstitch and it came up with Hijabs?! But I did find this http://momsbestnetwork.com/diy-infinity-or-circle-scarf-tutorial-aka-the-snood/. I hope this is helpful and you can make lots.
I am in the process of rearranging the sewing area to accommodate a rolling (almost crawling) infant plus the…[Read more]
-
Tamara replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Ha! I googled snood tutorials for you @lightningmcstitch and it came up with Hijabs?! But I did find this http://momsbestnetwork.com/diy-infinity-or-circle-scarf-tutorial-aka-the-snood/. I hope this is helpful and you can make lots.
I am in the process of rearranging the sewing area to accommodate a rolling (almost crawling) infant plus the…[Read more]
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
It was one of those stupidly baffling sewing tubes things. Should have been as easy as anything. I thought for a moment about looking for an online tute before I started, then thought, nah, how hard could it be…
Famous last words. - Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.