Oliver + S

Custom tags

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I’d like to order some custom tags to sew into the garments I make, but there are so many options out there that I’m kind of paralyzed. I’ve seen a lot of really nice ones on garments in the flickr group – anyone have a recommendation? I’m thinking I’d like a single word and a small custom logo (this is for personal use, not resale, in case that makes a difference)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@enbee are you in Australia or overseas? I found a place the otherday as I am looking to change mine (they aren’t fabric) and I found a place called labelsandribbon.com.au. They look rather good.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I’m in the U.S., but I’ll check out that site. Thanks!

LINK
    rebecca @rebecca

If you’re in the States, Etsy does some as well. Large or small quantities: https://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=custom+clothing+labels

OR

@enbee
    There is a US Version of the same site! : http://labelsandribbon.com/ Cool. 🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’ve looked into this before, and for the small quantities I wanted, it was a bit more than I wanted to spend to get woven labels. There are lots of great option on Etsy for small batches of printed labels, but in the end I just had my daughter’s name printed a bunch of times onto a fat quarter from Spoonflower, and I cut them out as needed.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I had my last lot made by Cash’s name labels. I think they are international, try Googling them.

Absolutely gorgeous, individually cut and iron-on-able.

http://www.nametapes.com.au

LINK
    Maggie @Magonomics

I know the feeling! I started making my own with scrap muslin, stamps, and fabric ink. Here is a good example what they look like.

My process is this:

1. Pour myself a drink and clear off the coffee table.

2. Interface whatever muslin I have around.

3. Use a pencil and clear ruler to draw grid lines on the muslin. (I’ve found the right size is for me is 1.5 inches by 2.5 inches)

4. Stamp assembly line style. (each one gets an “l”, each one gets an “o”, etc.)

5. Cut out along the grid lines (either with rotary cutter or pinking sheers).

6. When ready to use add size (I just use a fine tip sharpie, but one day I’ll get around to ordering some number stamps), use iron on tape to affix it temporarily, then stitch in place.

Obviously they are all a little different, but personally I like that. If you want you could just get a stamp that has the whole thing.

I got my Logo Stamp for $10 from Simon’s Stamps.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Maggie. Reason: adding link
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Maggie.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.