cybele727
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic What to do with 1/2 yard cuts of Liberty in the forum sewing with liesl + co and oliver + s 11 years ago
I’m with @Inder–use it or trim and yokes and details and you’ll get lots of mileage out of it! But I love @with-love-heidi‘s list! Can’t wait to see it.
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Neck facing puckering in the forum oliver + s: butterfly blouse + skirt 11 years ago
I think it’s a matter of personal preference, yes. I used this method for the instructions because it’s less fiddly. But if you prefer the single fold bias method that’s an easy change to make.
-
Todd Gibson replied to the topic Has anyone added pockets to the Butterfly Skirt? in the forum oliver + s: butterfly blouse + skirt 11 years ago
Did you see Liesl’s recent tutorial on the blog?
adding pockets to the parachute sweatpants (and the butterfly skirt)
Not sure this is exactly what you want, but it could be a starting point.
-
Nicole posted an update 11 years ago
On to the Moto for Zara
-
Nicole replied to the topic Easiest way to reduce body & sleeve width? in the forum oliver + s: sketchbook 11 years ago
On phone please excuse grammar
As long as this does not leave the sleeve cap and under arm too tight
How about two back French darts at the back , below the shoulders and darting the centre back of the sleeve ? -
Nicole replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 11 years ago
There’s nothing that I would like more
Then to visit a distant shore -
Nicole replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 11 years ago
There’s nothing that I would like more
Then to visit a distant shore -
Nicole replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
I have finally finished my daughters vintage pattern trench coat. (Happy dance)
I am looking forward to sewing her twin’s Lisette Moto jacket. Far less fabric to negotiate.
-
Nicole replied to the topic What are you sewing now? in the forum off topic 11 years ago
I have finally finished my daughters vintage pattern trench coat. (Happy dance)
I am looking forward to sewing her twin’s Lisette Moto jacket. Far less fabric to negotiate.
-
Todd Gibson and
Jess M. are now friends 11 years ago -
juliamom2009 replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Masha – I read this yesterday and just now got time to comment – I have been thinking of you all day. I’m sending love and positive thoughts as well.
We have a friend (Julia’s basketball coach) who was an NBA player who had a stroke in his 30’s. He’s fine now, but it (obviously) changed his life.
I wish I could get on a plane and come help…[Read more]
-
juliamom2009 replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Masha – I read this yesterday and just now got time to comment – I have been thinking of you all day. I’m sending love and positive thoughts as well.
We have a friend (Julia’s basketball coach) who was an NBA player who had a stroke in his 30’s. He’s fine now, but it (obviously) changed his life.
I wish I could get on a plane and come help…[Read more]
-
Todd Gibson and
scgoble are now friends 11 years ago -
Todd Gibson replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Sewing friends sure are the best
Better than all of the rest -
Nicole replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Masha, I am so sorry to hear your terrible news. I truly wish there was something I could do.
I hope you have some support.
-
Nicole replied to the topic News and Current Affairs in the forum off topic 11 years ago
Masha, I am so sorry to hear your terrible news. I truly wish there was something I could do.
I hope you have some support.
-
Nicole replied to the topic Patterns from other companies? in the forum
Sewing for Yourself 11 years agoFirst tip from me, when I sew a muslin, I put my seams on the out side, easier to alter.
#1 It appears you need to take fabric from the back piece, not the front. Unpick and move the back until you get the right fit, then pin and re-mark and trim to your new seams.
#2 That bust dart looks pretty good and your front arm looks nice!
#3 I wonder…[Read more]
-
Nicole replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 11 years ago
My kid has got arms like an ape
There’s no way she’ll fit in this cape
I’ve lengthened and lengthened
Reinforced seams and strengthened -
Nicole replied to the topic Patterns from other companies? in the forum
Sewing for Yourself 11 years agoI can’t see any problems with that Ellen. If you get ticked off, blame me 😉
If you are nervous, perhaps post a link to a Flickr photo and people can comment on that?
-
Nicole replied to the topic Washing the Garden Party dress? And two changes I made… in the forum oliver + s: garden party 11 years ago
When I made mine, http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/the-garden-party-tutorial-part-one.html, I added a wee spot of interfacing to the bottom of the ‘V’ and also sewed the’V’ with a narrower stitch
Both dresses have washed like rags.
One washing tip from me, reduce spin and goffer the gathers a little and then let the…[Read more]
- Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.