Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,296 through 5,310 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Happy Birthday to dear sweet baby Olivia!

Today, I plan to keep going on the pink things. It is quite chilly here at the moment so I will pull out that last piece of pink fur and see if I can’t make a warm hat for Chloe from it. Sewing will be cut short today though due to collecting the kids from school and a much needed run to town.

But there is always this evening! Rumour has it the boys are working late!! (Yay!) not with sarcasm. I get my sewing done at night time during seeding where it seems I can get more done then than during the day!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ellen, just think how easy it will be to ease things — sleeves, hems — with all those long seams. A nice break from hemming size 0-3m sleeves with tweezers 🙂

I am prancy with excitement over the Gallery tunic and am working on the FBA while watching an interesting documentary by Ric Burns (who knew there were two of them!) about NY.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ellen, you are hilarious! I find it scary that I am sewing for a baby who once was a 0-3 months, who wears a 3-6 month size. But is fast becoming big enough to wear a 6-12 month size! Its just an awful shame they have to grow so fast!

I have finished the Carousel dress btw. And it looks pretty good for a pink dress with smocking that was not designed to be there (by Liesl anyway). I want to make more and will but not right now.

I am working on completing the teaparty dress which is also pink. This one is kind of a priority because it is the 3-6 month size so it can’t sit there, it has to be sewn in order to be worn because alas I don’t know of any little girls who would fit into it in the correct season.

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Justsewit, little ones grow so fast! And your Carousel dress sounds lovely.

I got through the magic burrito stage on the shirt! I thought about forging ahead to the sleeve plackets, but I only want to sew those ONE time, with minimal unpicking. So I’m holding off until tomorrow. I’m starting to think I can make button-down shirts, but it seems best to reserve judgment until the garment is finished.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Enjoy sewing your shirt Ellen. I think a smart shirt is lovely on a fellow (and I love sewing them too).

Don’t panic, re the Tea Party dress, Tamara. Trixie is 8 months old and I can just squeeze her into the 0-3 month if she is wearing a disposable.

I finished a vintage coat for Lidia and now I am on to one for Elsa. 1960’s I am guessing, by the cover photo.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Fitting isn’t the issue really, just my fabric choice.

I managed to fix up the piping sewing on the skirt and fuse the interfacing to the respective parts and then the baby woke up (after less than half an hour in bed and to the noise of the truck). So it has been a non eventful and non productive day so far. The kids are due home so I am hoping they can play with Chloe while I go and cut some front skirts to pleat. I received some beautiful check winter twill through the mail and I want to make a couple of smocked dresses. I saw them made up with bonnets but can make them for less myself.

I can then work on the front skirts at night and do the machine sewing intermittently during the day.

Tonight though I want to finish off the teaparty dress just so Chloe can wear it tomorrow – needles urgh!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Nicole, I’m eagerly awaiting the big reveal of the coat!

I had a bit of time on my hands last night while waiting for dough to rise, so I sat down with a cut Maritime and started hand stitching it with button thread, Chaninesque. Not doing the embellishments, just basic construction and tacking down the seams. Going to try it on and then see about maybe adding something. Maybe just a single stripe of beads to just hint at Mariniere stripes.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I made a Colette Mabel Skirt in half an hour before work yesterday in fleece, except for the seams. It worked but even though I went up a size to account for the lack of stretch in the fleece it was too firm for comfortable movement. I’m thinking of cutting 4″ off the bottom and adding a ruffle to give me more movement as I’d love to have such a warm skirt in my wardrobe rotation!

LINK
    jax @capnjax

I am making a slew of Lotta Jansdotter baby snugglers, matching caps, and perhaps a Noodlehead divided basket or two. Three of my friends are having babies, a different one just had a set of twins, another one is adopting a set of twins, and I am having my own set of twins in October.

I think that might be my go to baby gift for the moment. One shall be an Arizona baby so I will make that snuggled out of double gauze and cotton lawn.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

More babies in the Flickr pool, and twins! I love it, congratulations @jax.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Congratulations Jax, how exciting 🙂

LINK
    jax @capnjax

Thank you. I am excited, but also a little nervous. Any advice or helpful hints are appreciated.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I had twins, happy to chat!

On a sewing level, Hopscotch dresses make the BEST baby gowns.

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

Jax, congratulations!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Jax congratulations! Twins wow! I wish you the best of luck for a healthy pregnancy and birth.

My baby Chloe had her needles yesterday and treated me to a blissful two hours of time in the sewing room (while she slept). During this time I pleated the front skirt of a smocked dress I plan to make. I’m using the most gorgeous checked winter twill in a dusty blue which will bring out the blue in her eyes.

I also managed to cut a music class blouse out of Liberty pepper for her to wear with the music class skirt I made earlier in the month. It will go with the 2+2 skirt also which is really the plan to be able to use items with more than one companion.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,296 through 5,310 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.