Oliver + S

What are you sewing now?

Viewing 15 posts - 4,096 through 4,110 (of 6,027 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

After the die hard Easter dress for my girl and this family heirloom Communion dress I’ve had to completely gut and rehab, I’m spent. You wouldn’t believe what happened to the sleeves of this dress and what I had to do to fix them. I need a palate cleanser. Something easy, fun with guaranteed satisfaction.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

@meleliza, not sure if you have the pattern or a need for it, but the Lullaby Layette is everything you say you need – fast, easy, and fun – and addicting! 😉

Hope you’re able to find something to refresh your sewing spirit, and so sad you’re burnt out/spent.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

So frustrating for you Meleliza! Maybe she needs a new Tea Party dress 🙂

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh I completely understand Meleliza. Perhaps a new hat will get you back on an even keel again?

LINK

I was thinking of you Meleliza as I was sewing my faux chenille blanket tonight. I’m fighting off a cold and didn’t want to sew up my main project, a onsie, but wanted to sew. So I pulled out the blanket and sewed straight lines! Lovley 🙂 And felt like making bias binding for it, so I did, and attached it. I now only need to sew down the binding, which I do on the machine, and then it can go in the wash. And I’ll get to start a new relaxing project 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I do have a straight line project, but it’s big and bulky. Not a fun sew really. I don’t really like home dec stuff, but of course since I can do it, I’m surely not going to pay someone else to do it. K is getting a big girl bed soon and I’ve been hoarding 8 yards of Heather Ross’s Rapunzel fabric since she was born for this occasion.

We are having annoyingly hot weather right now. So much for spring! Maybe I’ll skip all the spring stuff I had planned and just dive into summer things. I want to use up remnants, so maybe some tops and shorts. Popover is good for that, and roller skate. I need to make some puppet show shorts too, as this is the last year she’ll probably fit into those, sniff, but there we are back at fiddly again.

I also have some pink linen on the way for myself. I need something for our upcoming family portraits and for P’s first communion in June. I’m thinking of a princess seamed sheath. It couldn’t be any simpler than that, could it? I’ll have to line it in something really comfortable. If it’s 80 this morning, what on earth will it be like in June?

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I quite like Kaufman voile for summer linings. It has an open weave and is very breathable. Not silky like AMH voile, but light and absorbent. Cheap, too, which I appreciate for linings!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Yes, I do too, but not for a slim fitting dress or it will stick. I need to use Bemberg so it glides over my lumps and bumps. 🙂

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I used the Kaufman voile for lining in Cloud 9 Chantilly dress and just adore the way it feels! I am wanting to make a coral dress now with it as well.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love it, where else can I read a sensible conversation on lining a dress at 8 am?

This group saves my sanity after the morning rush.

I really really hope to sew to day, I want to finish these school uniforms for the little girls (Music Class blouse and skirts).

I have been catching up with washing/ironing. I just put a 10 kg load on that was all underwear!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I’m sewing up a 2+2 blouse for the first time. I really appreciated your tutorial, Nicole, to figure out how the yoke is assembled. Caught my error before I sewed on the patch, so thank you! I’m using some Liberty lawn I was given a while back that was a skirt in a former life– had to cut around a couple of stains, and that’s the end of it except for scraps. My next 2+2 is already cut out and will be a nice rayon that was, yes, a dress. I’ll be sad when my daughter is too big for repurposing fabric!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I don’t know off hand how much 20kg is, but I will imagine our underwear and double. 🙂 ugh. I finished the last few stitches on that communion dress today and washed some Heather Ross strawberry fabric. That stuff could cheer anyone up. I also went house shopping with my realtor and interviewed a new tenant for our spare bedroom. And ballet class. And laundry, etc.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

2.2lbs to a kilo Meleliza so the washing would be around 22lbs?

LINK

Wow, that’s a lot of underwear! Speaking of washing I finished sewing down the binding on the faux chinelle quilt and it’s in the machine to be fluffed up by machine washing and drying 🙂

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Hello With love Heidi, I think I may mean a foot to help with topstitching. When I do that my machine struggles to get over the thicker bits where seams cross etc and it makes a complaining noise and refuses to budge. I often end up with a tangle of thread where it stops and then teeny little stitches when I actually persuade it to go again. So, something to ride over thick bits more easily.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,096 through 4,110 (of 6,027 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.