Oliver + S

Thank you Nicole!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • LINK
    homefire @homefire

So, I’m in the middle of sewing up my first two sketchbook shirts when I hit a snag. I’m sitting their studying the instructions just not getting it when I thought, “Hmmmm, I wonder if Nicole has a tutorial for this one on her blog”. Low and behold she does! Crises averted.

Sooo, who else owes a big thanks to Nicole and all the time she puts into her tutorials?

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Count me in. I sewed the after school pants with Nicole’s tute on my phone right next to my machine. I got most of the class picnic sewn but I checked the tute for the elastic casing.

Thanks for the great tutorials, Nicole. I will thank you every time I hit a seam with a small hammer.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awww,you guys!

You made me cry(and laugh at the ‘hitting a seam with a small hammer’)

Thank you so much,it is my absolute pleasure.

~Nicole~

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

Most definitely count me in as well, for more patterns than I can think of right now! Most recently CC Finch. Now if only you’d tackle those pesky French patterns I’ve been trying my hand at! Thank you so much, you are an invaluable resource!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

If I may be so bold, I hear it being talked about, this infamous blog, but don’t know where it is!

Mayhap Ms. Nicole would post a link. 🙂

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

More famous than infamous around these parts. I really view the blog as a must-check before sewing right up there with the errata. My favorite is when she notes where it might be advantageous if you neaten a cut edge before sewing. It’s always easier to do neaten a flat piece than one that’s already been curved into a sleeve or what have you. It’s not always needed if something else will happen there, but when it is, I like to know that ahead of time.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve just traced my first 2+2, and the first thing I did was, “Nicole’s done a tutorial set on this, I’ll just have a look” and I’ll go back to it when I get enough head space to sew it.

I especially appreciate E and Z’s sense of style and willingness to re-imagine the styles and then letting Nicole share them with us. When I think “What do I make?” for my 13 year old friend, the first place I check is for Z and E on the flicker group.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I must admit, it is a bit of a go to resource for inspiration! Nice to have a read of how to do something and know that that is pretty much the way you’d do it too!

Are you blushing yet Nicole?

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

Most definitely a must check! Nicole is my sewing hero;)

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

We love Nicole, too! Thanks for giving her a shout-out. She’s pretty amazing, isn’t she?

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Thank you. I will bookmark it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

What a wonderful thing to read after 2 days of poorly children!

Thank you all so very much and thank you Liesl,for your utterly adorable patterns. The skills and techniques I have learned from your patterns have made the world of difference in my sewing.

Yes,Tamara,I am blushing!

xx Nicole

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Count me in with the huge thanks too – I often sit sewing with her blog open next to me – she is one of the most generous – and loveliest people I know 🙂

LINK
    Anonymous @

Here here – I agree, Justine!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.