Oliver + S

Thank you Nicole!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

She’s deserving of every word of praise.

If you don’t know her yet — watch out! She grows on you 🙂

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I agree! Nicole is the best. So happy to know her and call her friend!

LINK
    rastis @rastis

a super generous lady with her time to write up so many tutorials! and i just love watching other people’s process (i also cracked up at the small hammer… and then filed the idea away for later :)!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I haven’t had recourse to the tutorials (yet) but I smile every time I fire up the gas ring late at night to do some red hot ribbon cutting. A Nicole tip.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Nicole’s tips are invaluable and she’s such a sweetie to share them!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

It’s not until you try to document something yourself that you really “get” the amount of work that goes into those tutorials. Inevitably, the photo I don’t take is the one I *really* need next time. It’s an enormous hassle to document everything form every angle, but dollars to donuts, what just clicks for me this time will baffle me the next time. That’s when Nicole’s attention to detail pays off (well, for me, anyhow, haha!) — if I am thinking, “Does this look right? Is it really supposed to look like this?” — bang, guaranteed there’s a photo of that bit. Super detailed and helpful.

Sorry, Nicole, I’ll stop now! I don’t want to embarrass you! That’s just such a big issue for me as a newbie. It’s not that I can’t follow the directions, a lot of time I just don’t have confidence, but when I see a photo it confirms for me that I’m on the right (or wrong, as the case may be!) track.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

YES! She has helped many times! Thanks, Nicole. (And, you have lightened my pocketbook a few times too)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You girls are just amazing!

I cannot tell you how much the internet and my sewing friends have enriched my life. Things were tricky for me after Tilly was born but the support and friendship and wonderful skills and inspiration I gained from you very special women has been the very best treatment.

Thank YOU!

xx N

LINK
    millie @millie

Nicole…Thanks for all of the excellent tutorials…I can only hope to one day sew half as well as you!

M x

LINK
    Robin @Robin

My favorite Nicole tip of all time is the tutorial on how to use the machine to sew on buttons. I have sung Nicole’s praises many times!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

(Blushing)Thank you!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Mo5’s tutes are invaluable, but I think I’ll draw the line at plucking chooks! Is there nothing you won’t try, N?

LINK
    millie @millie

I have a funny feeling the feathers may have fallen out of their own accord!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

My neighbors kept chickens (loads of them) and we always had feathers in our backyard, not to mention chickens! So I am with Millie on this one, pretty certain she didn’t pull them out for the fun of it.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Pwahaha, what an image, plucking chickens! I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that ‘gathering’ feathers means just that — picking them up, not risking life and limb to tear them out from a seriously ticked off bird.

Incidentally, that reminds me that the gorgeous peacocks at the botanical garden near here are always shedding totally gorgeous feathers — I must revisit that tute!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.