Oliver + S

Sewing area

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Since we’ve moved, I’m in the basement (windowless, sob) too, Cybele. I find that I sew much less 🙁 Part of it is that I do have a great deal less time to sew than I used to, and part of it is that I hate being in a windowless space. I have grand plans to hang some tapestries on the walls and decorate the exposed beam ceiling with twinkle lights to make it more cozy but for now it is a real chore to go down there 🙁 I know I should consider myself lucky to have a room to myself at all but I was really spoiled the last two years!

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Thank you so much for all the ideas! I’m going to get an adjustable floor to table lamp this afternoon, all being well, and I’m going to order one of those LED machine strip lamps as well. I didn’t think the light was that bad in the room, but I took a picture today. OK, so it’s an overcast Autumn into Winter kind of a day, but still…

Craft Room Lighting!

I hadn’t thought about my fabric fading, so I’m going to get a cloth to hang over the top of my cupboard as the cupboard is open and opposite the window. I just need to get a chair and cart the iron and board up to their new home then that’s the essentials done and I’m away… the prettying up and bedding in can happen with time (homemade curtains and light shades etc I’m talking about you!).

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Basements really do cramp your sewing, don’t they? I can’t sew a seam and watch my kids. I can’t sew and chat. I can’t go, “oooh look honey, how good this is turning out.” (Although come to think of it, I get the same response to the empty basement that I do from my husband.– hahahah). Anti social, really. I do sew less in the basement.

The lack of sunshine to get me some vitamin D, and the dirt. Oh, the dirt. Thus the plastic “ceiling”.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

We finished our attic conversion in January this year and in February I could finally move into my new sewing space. I put up some progress pictures on Flickr.

Flickr album

I also did a blog post on it here.

After having used it for almost a year I can truly say I love everything about it. I am a messy sewist though so the room is not this uncluttered any more but that’s to be expected I guess.

I splurged on a huge cutting mat to cover the entire work space and it was a great investment I think. I have not regretted it.
    The desk is 100 x 160 cm and the mat I got was 100 x 200 cm so I had to cut a piece of it off. It took a while to figure out what to use to cut a self-healing mat.
    In the end I had to use a handsaw.

I have moved stuff around a few times to find the best place for everything.

This is my favourite unintended functionality. The drawers can be used to hold the roll of interfacing I use to trace patterns (although this is the left over wallpaper we put up in the attic – it works just as well).
    I also emptied out that top drawer and I use it as a bin when I cut stuff out.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Wow, this is beautiful! It must be so nice to pop in and sew for a while. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.