Oliver + S

School Photo Tutorial? Pocket pictures?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Hi there, I am wondering if any of you more expert sewers could lend this beginner sewer a hand? I am so excited to start the school photo dress for my 5 year old but am already intimidated by the assembly of the front pocket. Anyone out there happen to take photos along the way of the front pocket construction? Probably a long shot, but thought I’d ask. Thanks!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Have you had a good read of the instructions? There are pictures in there that demonstrate what to do. Sorry can’t help anymore than suggesting that even though I have made this dress twice. All I can say is it isn’t as tricky as what is seems to be.

Hopefully someone who has taken photos of the process can help.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have made this dress 5 times but it was before I started blogging thus I don’t have photos.

The instructions are very very good,if you follow them carefully you should be fine.

We are here to ‘hold’ your hand.

LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Thanks! I read the directions when I was very tired last night:) Will read them with fresher eyes tomorrow, but it’s great to know I have virtual support. Thanks for the encouragement!

LINK
    pippi @pippi

I am just working on this and this pocket is CRAZY! I found the directions to be very clear if you read them carefully and really go step by step. The illustrations are great too. I have never done tutorials but I think I have it all set and I can take a couple pictures before I sew it all together in case it might help someone in the future. It must have taken quite a lot of trial and error to figure this pocket construction out!!! Really cool.

LINK
    pippi @pippi

Just another thought… I think the construction of this pocket is so involved… if I posted pictures would I be “giving away” the cool technique that most people can only get when they buy the pattern?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

We just had a request for a photo tutorial for this pattern, and I wondered if anyone has done one? A sew-along, perhaps? And if not, would anyone be interested in doing one? I need to choose between tutorials and developing some new women’s patterns, since I don’t have enough time for both right now. And the tutorial doesn’t have to done before the holidays or anything crazy like that…it can easily wait until January, if you’re considering.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I could do that! I have been meaning to make another this winter in corduroy for my daughter.

~Sharon~

LINK

A winter sew-along would be fun. : ) I can host it over on blog if you would like.

~Sharon~

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, this is on my to-sew list as well, I will be awaiting the photos!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I would love to join a sew along for this pattern! It is on my pattern bust list for next year. Now I had better go and choose fabrics 🙂

LINK

Lets set the date for the first week in January then. : )

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Great! And I’ve just remembered I have a vintage sheet put away for this pattern!

LINK
    gy17 @gy17

I have been thinking of sewing this pattern and would enjoy and very much appreciate a sew-along/tutorial. It will be my first three-scissors pattern!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sharon, that would be wonderful! And we’d be thrilled to host it on our blog if you’d like. Whatever you prefer. Thanks so much!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.