Oliver + S

Palm Springs? Boulder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I heard through the grapevine (ok, from Karen) that Sarvi will be in Palm Springs with us next weekend. Hurray! Will anyone else from the forums be joining us? Sarvi, what are we making?

And is anyone planning to attend either of my classes at the Makerie in Boulder this spring? Would love to meet you!

We’re also planning “Lisette Day” at the Sewing and Stitching show in Puyallup. I’ll blog the dates and details shortly.

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

{We’re also planning “Lisette Day” at the Sewing and Stitching show in Puyallup. I’ll blog the dates and details shortly.}

How nice that your work will be represented at the show, Liesl. I will have Olivia with me, so I can dress her in either O&S garments or perhaps make her a ‘Little Lisette’ garment.

I had looked on the vendor page to see if you were going to be in Puyallup this year, but I didn’t see you listed. Will you be with Simplicity?

Have fun, 🙂

Carol

LINK
    Emily @Emily

I just registered for the HR NYC workshop in May – will you be there for that, Liesl? I’m also planning on attending SewExpo in Puyallup this year – what will you be doing there?

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

oooh, I ‘m going to the sew expo too! We are planning on Thursday because the best sales are early and it is less crazy…when will you be there???

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Eek, so excited! I’m bringing patterns for the Market skirt and Portfolio dress. I’ve never successfully made anything for an adult before, so I am hoping that with the encouragement of the group I can learn how to trace a pattern in my size (juggling different sizes in different areas) and maybe learn how to sew the mysterious and frightening DART. I bought the larger sizes since I seem to be on the border, does that sound right? I figure if I can get a handle on the technique with the group I can practice at home. Does that seem too ambitious?

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi! I’m really excited to be going to Palm Springs next weekend. Liesl, I’m bringing the Passport Jacket to work on. Really interested in learning how to fit my narrow shoulders and very large everything else. So much easier to sew for my daughter Sophie.

And would love to meet some folks in Puyallup. I always find things sell out if you don’t go on Thursday. Is anyone taking any tailoring or fitting workshops?

I really do think the workshops in New York are brilliant. That’s fantastic that you’re going Emily.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Robin, it sounds like we have some similar fit challenges, I look forward to meeting you and seeing your project!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes that sounds about right Sarvi – you can size it down according the areas of need that way.

It sounds like such fun. Hope you girls enjoy yourselves.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

LOL! Sarvi, I’m on the border of the other end. I’m grading up beyond the 22. Hope this is possible. The sweet lady at the fabric shop sounded very positive. Heaven might just be spending the weekend in a warm place, surrounded by fabric, patterns and people who love sewing.

Liesl, if my plan sounds like it’s not possible let me know and I’ll figure something out.

See you both on Friday!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Exactly — finally a whole weekend around people who don’t think a fabric stash means you should be featured on Hoarders! I recently read in the Lisette forums that the Simplicity sizing is generous, so hopefully with the expert help we’ll all figure out our projects.

Thanks, justsewit, I’m awfully excited!

My friend Jane, who’s gone before, is going this time too, so it’ll be a fun party.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Lucky lucky lucky ducks!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

It souonds like wonderful fun!!! Lucky ladies!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

But the weather forecast is not so nice, boo hiss. Maybe the sun will trick the weatherman.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

It’s going to be -10C and snowing tomorrow in Vancouver, BC. I’ll take 72 degrees Fahrenheit and the risk of showers. Sarvi, what’s the weather normally like there? Is it only Canadians who flip between metric and imperial without thinking about it?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

My father-in-live who lives out there told me it’s been in the 40s, which to me, as a Los Angelena, is inhospitably cold, though perhaps he meant the evening weather. In photos from previous events at this time of year it looked sunny enough for folks to go swimming. I’ll be bringing a nice warm sweater in any case: it’s the desert, after all, so however warm it is at midday, nights will be cold. Might bring a swimsuit just in case?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.