Oliver + S

Palm Springs? Boulder?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

What is the event in Palm Springs? I live in So Cal, but don’t know any other sewists out here, so I’m out of whatever loop there may be!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi! The Palm Springs event is a Heather Ross Sewing Weekend. Do you have any interest in quilting? There’s an LA Modern Quilt Guild meeting coming up that sounds like it’ll be a lot of fun.

http://www.lamodernquiltguild.com/

I believe you get to attend one meeting free (or cheap, $5?) before you need to pay dues.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Learning to quilt is on my “to-do/bucket” list….that sounds like an excellent place to start! I’m going to check the Heather Ross Weekend for next year maybe. Thanks Sarvi – have fun in Palm Springs!

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

I was really tempted to go to palm springs! and I’d love to stay at the ace

thanks for the la quilt link Sarvi. I just joined even though I don’t quilt 🙂 does anyone go from here? I’m tempted to try a date but also a bit chicken

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Did you guys notice that Anna Maria Horner is giving a guest lecture at the next meeting, Jan 31st? I have class until 7 that night and the meeting is it at 7:30 so I’m going to try and make a mad dash for it. Let’s meet up!

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

hi Sarvi, I might be able to make it to the amh night. sew modern is pretty close to me. I’ll try to convo via the other board. I saw a post by you.

have a lovely time in the desert and please take lots of pics – Katie

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Just wanted to pop in with a note to say the Heather, Liesl, Lotta, and all the ladies are such a super plucky and friendly troupe. We lost power partway through Saturday due to a freak windstorm, so the ladies organized Lotta’s printmaking workshop near where everybody was having lunch and inventing games, before caravaning (is that a word?) to another hotel to carry on. Unfortunately I got separated from the group because I’d brought my husband and (unusually fussy) toddler, and they were visiting relatives nearby while I was sewing; I didn’t want them to come back to Palm Springs because the lights were out on the roads. I didn’t wind up taking tons of photos but I took a few of the process of the full bust adjustment technique we learned: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemoglobinhummingbird/6745343071/in/photostream

Robin, what shenanigans did you guys get up to? Are there more photos from the group?

Looking forward to next year, with better weather and a toddler who’s no longer teething!

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

oh la la, I love lotta! I didn’t know she was there too. bummer about the power outage

LINK
    Robin @Robin

There is nothing quite like bonding with a group of like minded people during a wind storm. Lost water as well as power. Heather and gang were fantastic at making sure everyone was looked after.

Lots of sewing after 7:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday morning. There were many amazing moments, but watching Liesl draft a sleeve for me was worth the entire price of admission. I should have had her sign it.

Sarvi, I wish we had more time together. Great to spend a few minutes with you, and meet your family. Hope our paths cross again.

I’m not a photographer, but I know there was lots of talk about setting up a flickr group.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Palm springs sounds like fun! I’m excited to say that I will be in NYC for the weekend workshop in May! I can hardly wait. I haven’t been to up New York in years and I miss it. I can’t imagine a better weekend but I’m afraid the garment district shopping will be dangerous.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Liesl, I thought you were going to be doing a fitting session in Boulder? I didn’t see it on the schedule last time I checked. Wish I could come and join you there. I probably would come if you were doing that class.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

The Lisette fit class filled up so fast! But I think there are still a couple of openings in the Sleepover Pajama class, and I’m planning some really fun activities for that one too. If people are interested I’ll give a little pattern-making demonstration that will help you to customize patterns and make some simple alterations that you can use is a lot of your sewing. If you can come I think it will be a lot of fun, too! Here’s a link to the workshop listing, and they’re now offering local and day packages:

http://themakerie.com/retreat/

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.