Oliver + S

Oliver + S Meetups (Anyone in West Michigan?)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Motherof5, I’m really working to get this to happen! Sydney is very high on my wish list!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Any excuse for a trip to New York! I might also be tempted to travel to Baltimore or DC. If it happens to be in July, Atlanta is a possibility. (Actually, I might schedule that trip around something this fun.) If you want to schedule anything in Philly, I would be happy to host.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I was also going to suggest a visit to Australia! But please give me a little notice to so we have time to save up for airfares and accomodation so I can come!

LINK
    LucyM @LucyM

I am certainly up for a summer get together in Philly, or Baltimore, or D.C. I’ll travel for O+S.

LINK
    Pink Zipper @Pink Zipper

Totally keen for Sydney!!!

LINK
    LisaMM @LisaMM

I’m in Melbourne and would totally fly up to Sydney for the day for an O&S get together! I I lived in Grand Rapids many years ago and it’s a lovely town. Enjoy.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m also in Melbourne but as a true Melburnian I’m obliged to point out that Sydney is pretty but otherwise totally overrated. 🙂 Come down here. Pack your bathing costume, sunhat, winter coat and umbrella. That’s all for one day regardless of the season! No wonder it’s the fashion capital.

Great idea to meet up, I can see a photo competition developing: most number of kids wearing Oliver + S in one place.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Who mentioned children?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Yes to Sydney – & no to children 😉

LINK
    Lindsay @Lindsay

This sounds lovely! I live in Grand Rapids, and I would cherish such an opportunity. I can’t commit to hosting at my house (just yet at least…we homeschool, and are in flurry of end-of-year projects and performances, and my modest house feels overrun with art, science, and history paraphernalia!), but there are some nice bakeries or cafes we could meet up at (Wealthy Street Bakery, perhaps?). I will make a point to check in here again soon to see if GR has traction as a meet-up cite. I could even do Holland, Lansing, Kalamazoo, etc.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Sounds like great fun! What about South Carolina some time. ; ) The moutians are very beautiful by us.

LINK
    JenniferP @JenniferP

What a great idea! I live in Colorado Springs, and I happen to know that you’ll be in Colorado for the Makerie Retreat in April, Liesl 🙂 I can’t make the retreat but would be happy to host a get together in Colorado Springs (about 2 hrs south of Boulder) or would drive to a venue in Denver or Boulder. We are coming to Brooklyn over spring break (the last week in March) so any get together during that week I could attend!

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

I love the idea of local meetups! Sadly I’m nowhere near Michigan. I live on Long Island, just east of NYC, so would be able to attend a NYC area meetup, and would be happy to host as well.

LINK
    K8H @K8H

Wow, lots of enthusiasm for meetups! It looks like I’m one of the lucky two who’ve weighed in so far who are actually located in Michigan. (Hi Lindsay!) I’m still in for a get-together this Saturday if we can make it happen! Anyone else out there? Hope so!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Well, since the timing of this weekend clearly isn’t ideal for such an event, with the Easter holiday on Sunday (spring break timing this year: great for celebrating Easter with relatives, not so great for meet-ups!), I’m going to suggest something else:

I’ve been invited to give a presentation to the Sewing Guild in the Grand Rapids area next fall, so let me see if I can’t finish getting that arranged and we’ll try to do some sort of special Oliver + S event in conjunction with that. Does that work? That way we’ll have time to do some planning around it, and hopefully we’ll get a large enough group together that you’ll have a chance to get to know each other. Sorry to disappoint about this weekend. I suspected that it wasn’t a great choice of dates, but this will give us a chance to plan further out for a better weekend.

And yes, I’m hearing you on other meet-ups! We’ll start working on it. In the meantime, have a wonderful Easter holiday!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.