Oliver + S

Oliver + S Meetups (Anyone in West Michigan?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Lately, we’ve been talking here at the studio about the importance of community and about how much we love the community that’s grown up around Oliver + S. Not only have you gotten to know us through this community, but you’re also getting to know each other, and we’d like to help you make more of those connections.

We’re also talking about how we can help to grow these communities, and one idea we’re considering is doing some meet-ups around the country so we can meet you, so you can meet us, and (most importantly) so you can meet each other. I think it would be lots of fun to help you get in contact with each other to build and strengthen those local relationships. And of course I’ve always wanted to meet all of you!

As it happens, S and I will be in Grand Rapids, Michigan over Easter weekend, and I wondered if that might be a good opportunity to test out this idea. Are any of you located in the West Michigan area during that weekend and, if so, would you be interested in hosting and/or attending a meet-up? I was thinking that Saturday, March 30, would be a perfect day for it. I’d love to get a group of at least 12 people together, but I know the timing (one day before Easter) isn’t exactly ideal. Is anyone interested? Let me know and let’s see what we can do, shall we?

If that weekend doesn’t work, there will be other opportunities somewhere down the road, so we’ll just see what works.

For those of you who aren’t in West Michigan, what do you think of this idea?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

This seems like a great idea! I know it’s already happened informally to some extent, and it’s always a bit of a thrill. Hey juliamom, shall we pick a date for that aquarium visit we talked about?

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

This sounds so fun.

LINK
    K8H @K8H

Liesl, I love this idea! I am just getting started on what is sure to become an Oliver + S obsession – I have several projects in progress and a much longer list of those I can’t wait to start. I would love to get together with other enthusiasts and build a connection that goes beyond the online relationships of the discussion forum, blog, and flickr (as much as I love all the sharing that happens there!).

I live in Traverse City, MI and it just so happens that my partner and I have a trip planned for Easter weekend that will take us right through Grand Rapids on Saturday. The timing is perfect! I can’t volunteer to host since I’ll just be passing through, but would love to meet up somewhere. We are headed to Kalamazoo for a family party (a 55th wedding anniversary!) that evening, but I could likely join in anytime earlier in the day. Thank you for suggesting this!

Kate

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I love this idea! I’m nowhere near Michigan but would certainly be interested in meeting up with anyone in Georgia (the US state; the country is a little far for me). I also have a trip to Tacoma/Seattle scheduled for June…

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I think this is a fabulous idea. It’s always fun to meet people with interest similar to your own. Unfortunately, I am not close to Michigan but the next time you travel (or anyone already here) to the Maryland, DC area I’d be up for something!

Jane

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Sarvi – yes, yes, absolutely! I’ll msg you on Flickr and give you my email/cell #.

Anyone else in the greater Los Angeles area? It can’t be just Sarvi and me!!

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

Sounds awesome!! I know there are some other Twin Cities sewists out there and would love to meet some!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I think it is cool. Too far for me. But you know what else might be cool? If you opened your studio etc once a year for a tour. Especially if the tour/ trip included visiting NYC fabric and notion shops and perhaps a costume museum??? Or technique class or two. Shrugs. Just a thought.

LINK
    melmax @melmax

Well I know if you ever do a road trip to Australia you would have a great turn out……… Hehe

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Sounds like a lot of fun!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Cybele727, we’re considering some ideas like this! Stay tuned…

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I am going to go ahead and suggest that the open studio thing happen this summer sometime between July 20-25 🙂

LINK
    pippi @pippi

I think tours/classes and meet-ups are a great idea. I would definitely participate if I could!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sydney would be a great option in Australia.

(And no,I don’t live in Sydney)he he.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.