Oliver + S

Not Nice!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Off topic….

Just had a 2 metre brown snake in the courtyard!!!!!

Husband chased it with a shovel but it went into the scrub!

Summers here!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I often contemplate a ‘bush’ change – but then I remember the snakes! & yes, summer’s here too – first mozzie in our bedroom last night driving me nuts!!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Aviatrix51 @Aviatrix51

EEK! I would have been freaked and the cats would have been amused.

LINK
    Anonymous @

what’s a mozzie??

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

he he he he a Mosquito !

do you know what a cozzie is?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Sandi – LOL!!!!!

What other slang can we regale everyone with, Nicole???!!!

LINK
    mchats @mchats

avagooday! howzat for good ol’ ozzie slang?

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Yikes! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a snake unless at the zoo. Oh – and that one time my friend brought her python to work to show her off.

Are the brown snakes venomous?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Deadly Lotta , but very timid! It was probably more scared than us.

In Australia most snakes are venomous and it is safest to assume they all are and leave them alone.

Pythons are okay , but will give you a nasty bite that can get infected.

In summer you always make a lot of noise and wear boots outside, but I was checking before I went to the clothes line!

LINK
    badskirt @badskirt

As a transplant to Australia, I feel comfortable using my favourite Australian analogy:

Australia is a lot like Wonkaland. Everything about it is fun, wonderful and a little bit quirky. Take a wrong step, and it’s a little bit deadly too.

Snakes, spiders, cliffedges. Everything about this country can kill you.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I remember my Steve Irwin shows – listing the ten deadliest whatever-animals (snakes, spiders, bunnies what have you 😉 ) in the world and they all lived in Australia.

We have adders (non-venomous) and vipers (venomous) in Sweden (usually very tiny specimens) and I remember that trick too – make as much noise as possible and they will leave before you see them.

Although once my dad stepped on a viper. Luckily he stepped near its head and he was wearing his wellies so he never got bit.

LINK
    Anonymous @

When I lived in Georgia we had some very dangerous snakes but in Colorado we mostly just have mountain lions and they don’t come near where we live. These days I just have to be on the look out for renegade squirrels! Oh – and mozzies.

LINK
    Anonymous @

and no – I don’t know what a cozzie is either : )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Mountain lions, okay I am impressed! We don’t have anything on our farm that could actually eat us!

( well there was that old sow……)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.