Oliver + S

Not Nice!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

whoops see previous page , shouldnt type while feeding baby!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Man, you folks are keeping it so real. The most dangerous thing in my neck of the woods is my grumpy neighbor.

LINK
    Anonymous @

he he he Sarvi – good one. We have a nutty neighbor who is probably more worrisome than mountain lions! At least we have no sows – or cozzies, whatever those are

LINK
    LauraB @LauraB

Hahaha! It would be fun to try to persuade you that a cozzie is a fearsome Australian beastie, but it is actually a swimming costume. I’m a transplant here from the UK, but I found it really interesting that different parts of Australia have different terms for a swimsuit – bathers, cozzie or swimmers, depending on where you are from!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I’m a Sydney-sider, so definately in the ‘cossie’ camp – but you forgot ‘togs’, Laura!! Are we the only crazy ones who have localised slang??

No mountain lions or snakes here – but spiders aplenty! (Funnel webs & redbacks) – oh yeah, and those mozzies!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

You’re not the only ones with localized slang. Come to Texas, ask for a Coke, and the server will ask, “which kind?” Coke is our word for anything fizzy. Mosquitos are ‘skeeters, which is also sometimes Mesquite Barbeque. I frequently translate for my in-laws who don’t live anywhere close to here.

Is there something about Australia that makes people want to shorten things? Barbie, cossie, mozzies, Aussies, postie, etc?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

lol Johanna! And guess what – if something has a short name – we lengthen it!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Well, you are all living “upside down” down there LOL. : )

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

We are just relaxed Jo , conserve our energy, why say a complete word when you can shorten it? Or finish a sentence when you can……………..

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.