Oliver + S

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

This is so funny to me. I have been trolling the simplicity site for cute patterns the past couple days since Joanns was having 5 for $5 and I saw these patterns and thought, “Something cute from simplicity?? I MUST have these!” But then was so sad they weren’t in the store yet. Now I am super impressed I have such good taste, but sad I have to wait another month to get these patterns for $1 or $2…(that is how often they usually go on sale at Joanns)

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh bugger Peta!!!!!!! (oooops, ‘bugger’ does not have the same connotations here as it does in the US!!!)

Didn’t even think!!!!!!!!

Pressed that ‘buy’ button – should have asked you first!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else here interested since I’m a bad friend?????????????????

& btw everyone – it was Peta who first mentioned the pics on Liesl’s flickr stream to me – she needs to get the credit for this!!! (& Liesl, of course!)

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!! too exciting!!! I especially love the shirt dress.

I wonder if it will have fitting instructions? My bust always means that commercial patterns don’t fit me.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Breath Claire,keep calm

You should be able to feed in them!

LINK
    claireabel @claireabel

I’m busy hatching plans Nicole 🙂

Does anyone know how much shipping is to the US? I think it might be cheaper to get them sent to my brother in San Fran and have him send them on.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Don’t buy yet,Liesl has some plans in place …..

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Like Lattemama, I had stumbled across the pictures/blog last week but through another sewing forum. But I guess they weren’t quite ready to share the info yet since the details were only up for a little while and the post I wrote sharing the link was only up for a very short time here. I’m glad the info is up now for good and I can’t wait to see how the patterns sew up by you talented ladies!

I’m interested in the Passport jacket and dress. I have several weddings to attend this summer and my wardrobe could definitely use some new dresses. What’s on everyone elses lists to make first?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

OHH,The ‘Jumprope’ for grown ups?In a linen denim look.

My daughters are not so happy,I think they know mummy will be sewing for herself now!

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

Claire, if you look on http://www.usps.gov you can calculate international shipping. It looks like the cheapest a one pound flat envelope can be sent is around $10.50.

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I got an e-mail from Simplicity yesterday morning and these were included. Usually I don’t look at too many of their patterns but these caught my attention…now I know why.

I wanted to order them yesterday but had to show some restraint and wait until they come to the local Joann. I was just reading another post on the O+S patterns coming to McCalls on-line and we were all swooning over those being $.99 on sale. It was too good to be true but I guess now we will get our own little piece of O+S and hopefully they will be in the stores and included in sales!

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

You all are hilarious! And sleuth-y! Very Exciting news, no doubt! I’m particularly excited by the one petite pattern. At 4’11” with a bust more suited to someone a wee bit bigger, I’m hoping I can make them work. The patterns, I mean. LOL

Liesl, I’d love a tutorial done in your thorough style on how to modify womens patterns. There are some out there but I usually get so lost and give up! Then, I throw on a t-shirt or sweatshirt and make sure my kiddos look cute. In Oliver + S, of course.

LINK
    Mandy1977 @Mandy1977

HOLY BUCKETS!! I didn’t even know this day was on the horizon! So EXCITING!!! I’m off to stare at the patterns some more and then anxiously await Leisl’s official announcement. Patterns for me and the new Spring kids line all in the same two months?!? It’s like Christmas!

Mandy.

(momtojack)

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

So excited to see this, you can’t imagine how many times i’ve said to hubby, I just really wish there were dress patterns for me!!! I am also between the sizes so not sure which to get but if they do go to joann I may get them ALL in both sizes!ut if not, ‘ll just be more selective! Do simplicity “special collections” typically go to big box stores…I haven’t sewn those type for myself in a LONG time! Cheers to Liesl and team, wonderful news, can’t wait to see how wonderful the instructions are, I’d buy them all just to read them over and over and learn how to do new things! Katja

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

Liesl, I feel like giving you a standing ovation — a new book, women’s patterns, and an upcoming new Spring line of children’s patterns, Oh My! Plus being a mom on top of it all? Mad props to you, you’re my new role model!

I am very excited to see these women’s patterns. Just the other day, my 4-year-old son said, “Mummy, when are you going to sew some clothes for you?” Now I can give him an answer 🙂

-Susanne

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Violetvata,what a good idea! Maybe I shall get both too!

Just in case things(ahem)move and change in the next few years …

Well done Liesl and Todd,an amazing effort on both your parts-and with a child as well!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.