Oliver + S

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Wow, you ladies are serious spies. I am very excited about this. I’ve wanted to sew for myself, but get nervous about following other patterns (Simplicity burned me when I first started sewing). Of course I’ll be able to do it if it’s written by O and S!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

OK back from school run – now off to check out the postage rates – although if Peta says it’s a lot….!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

& plus, I’m really unsure as to what size to get – have a feeling I’ll be smack bang in the middle!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

OMG – $40 for postage!!!!!!!!!! 4 patterns!!!!!!!!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Well that just seems like robbery! I could probably post them to you for less!

Up late, punchy with pattern excitement -though I have no time to sew – and the 100 I just made on my exam! Must be off to bed though. The Niblet will be up way too soon and I need rest enough to be emotionally sound on this birthday! 2 already?! *sigh*

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Congratulations on those first two years Mel!

(and that exam result)

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh, congrats Mel!!!! 100!!!!!!!

Happy birthday again!

Highway robbery was my first thought too – most fabric shops seem to fit about 7 yds in one 13.95 envelope – surely 4 patterns could fit!!!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I figured it was round-abouts and swings!

The patterns were on sale,and the savings added up to the extra postage!

(oh and I really really really wanted them and Jed said yes)!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Yes, it works out at about $20 a pattern which is perfectly reasonable – it’s just the shock of seeing the amount!!! & I thought fabric.com had high postage!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Do you know,I was so excited,it could have said ‘Send your first born’ and I would have clicked ‘Buy Now’

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What the curseword, I did not think this day would come so soon. Who has two thumbs and a birthday coming up: this guy!

LINK
    etc3 @etc3

I actually had to go upstairs and clean the bathrooms to stop myself from buying all 4. The conversation I had with myself while cleaning the shower went something like…. the patterns are on sale and very cheap (by Australian standards) and really what’s $40 for something that will be used so much….and then…. Now just hold on a bit, they will get here, don’t forget you made yourself a promise not to buy any more patterns before you have made all the ones you have at least once….. blah blah blah, I think I may be certifiable! I’m jealous Nicole. Justine, wonder if we could split the postage????

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

These are so lovely. I saw the pictures a few days ago, but they disappeared from Liesl’s Flickr so quickly I thought I had dreamed it up.

I was about to order the patterns, but I bought so much fabric yesterday and I’m pretty sure the patterns will be available later as well so I think I’ll wait. Though it is hard.

I don’t usually show this much restraint. Strange. 😉

It helps that the largest size on the patterns doesn’t really fit me …

LINK
    etc3 @etc3

PS. Congrats Mel, you’re a legend, studying, working, mothering and sewing!!!!

LINK
    shasta @shasta

Oh my gosh!!! I’m giddy over this news! I just ordered all four patterns. The international shipping is kind of crazy though so I’m sending them to my grandmother who will forward them onto me here in China (hopefully with a few other goodies too). I’m just now beginning to sew for myself and couldn’t be happier about this new line of patterns! Now the question is: which one to sew first? And with what fabric? Oh dear, I sense another purchase in my future…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.